Author Topic: We Need To Stop Calling Ourselves Conservatives  (Read 5294 times)

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: We Need To Stop Calling Ourselves Conservatives
« Reply #100 on: October 22, 2022, 12:10:08 am »
Cruz a surrender monkey?  Enlighten me.  :pop41:

@libertybele

He talks a good game but does nothing about it. Otherwise, he would have run for president long ago.

Damn shame too, because I honestly think he just may be THE smartest man in public office, and he is DEFINITELY someone you don't want to piss-off in a debate.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline libertybele

« Reply #101 on: October 22, 2022, 12:15:08 am »
@libertybele

He talks a good game but does nothing about it. Otherwise, he would have run for president long ago.

Damn shame too, because I honestly think he just may be THE smartest man in public office, and he is DEFINITELY someone you don't want to piss-off in a debate.

????? @sneakypete  Cruz did run for President. He was the only candidate still standing against Trump.  You have stated that before, did you miss him running??   Doubtful, because the debates in here about Cruz and Trump were plentiful.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #102 on: October 22, 2022, 12:19:29 am »
   Cruz has 3 strikes against him as far as @sneakypete is concerned.

He's Cuban/Canadian

@corbe

Why the HELL would I care about something like that?

GWB appointed him as Texas AG

Being associated with Boy Jorge in any respect is a serious hit for anyone. Especially since both are probably homos, which I suspect is the real reason that Cruz has never gotten serious about running for the WH.

BTW,I honestly wouldn't give a rabid rats ass about him being a homosexual if he were "out" about it and couldn't be blackmailed.

And "Yes, I do understand why he went into the closet when he was a younger man",and being a homo was a MUCH more serious thing with most people than it is today.

Still, he "bought that horse", so now he has to ride it.

He called both Trump and McConnell a GD Liar.

Big freaking deal. Name ONE person you know that has never told a lie.  Have you never told a couple with a new baby how beautiful the baby was, when it was so freaking ugly you wanted to scream and run away in horror?

People lie all the time, and when it comes to politicians and people in government that have access to classified material, lying is practically a requirement.

« Last Edit: October 22, 2022, 12:20:55 am by sneakypete »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #103 on: October 22, 2022, 12:24:39 am »
????? @sneakypete  Cruz did run for President. He was the only candidate still standing against Trump.  You have stated that before, did you miss him running??   Doubtful, because the debates in here about Cruz and Trump were plentiful.

@libertybele

Big deal. You or I could "run for president", too.

You DID notice he dropped out,right?

Offline corbe

« Reply #104 on: October 22, 2022, 12:31:23 am »
@corbe

I really didn't think you cared about that @sneakypete but I needed 3 strikes so I made up the first one.

Being associated with Boy Jorge in any respect is a serious hit for anyone. Especially since both are probably homos, which I suspect is the real reason that Cruz has never gotten serious about running for the WH.

BTW,I honestly wouldn't give a rabid rats ass about him being a homosexual if he were "out" about it and couldn't be blackmailed.

And "Yes, I do understand why he went into the closet when he was a younger man",and being a homo was a MUCH more serious thing with most people than it is today.

That's a FIRST on TBR, a Trumper thinks Cruz is queer.....I Love You, too.   888heartkitty

Big freaking deal. Name ONE person you know that has never told a lie.  Have you never told a couple with a new baby how beautiful the baby was, when it was so freaking ugly you wanted to scream and run away in horror?

People lie all the time, and when it comes to politicians and people in government that have access to classified material, lying is practically a requirement.

Yes, but he called them a GD LIAR in their own House (Senate Well, Trump's Press) and he survived, that takes BALLS, I would think you'd appreciate that.   :beer:

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #105 on: October 22, 2022, 12:34:56 am »
@libertybele

Big deal. You or I could "run for president", too.

You DID notice he dropped out,right?

I'll spell it out once again; Cruz rec'd more delgates than any other candidate besides Trump.  Of course he dropped out @sneakypete Trump accumulated more delegates than he did and he saw no clear path to victory.  Obviously if he had more delegates than Trump he wouldn't have dropped out. Trump became the nominee.  However, there was so much fervor between Trumpers and Cruzers that there was a division for a very long time.  Cruz did the right thing though, he backed Trump on just about every issue during Trump's presidency.

You have noticed that the leftists and RINO's impeached Trump right?  You have noticed that they are trying to hang Trump out to dry right? 

If Trump doesn't run, then who??  DeSantis or Cruz ... other than that we'll see the usual RINO's like Romney and Pence running.  Not a good scenario.  That is unless you think Cruz wouldn't be worth voting for against a DEM :shrug:

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #106 on: October 22, 2022, 12:51:34 am »

You have noticed that the leftists and RINO's impeached Trump right?  You have noticed that they are trying to hang Trump out to dry right? 

@libertybele

Of course. I would be shocked if they didn't try to impeach him. He has to be the scariest thing the professional criminals we call "politicians" has ever had to deal with.

If Trump doesn't run, then who??  DeSantis or Cruz ..

I could really back DeSantis, but until/unless Cruz comes out of the closet, he is subject to blackmail.

other than that we'll see the usual RINO's like Romney and Pence running.

They are going to run anyhow. There is just too much campaign money that can be skimmed with no questions asked,plus the ego boost of being able to brag about having ran for President for them to back off.

we'll see the usual RINO's like Romney and Pence running.

See my post above.

That is unless you think Cruz wouldn't be worth voting for against a DEM :shrug:

Not unless he comes out of the closet first,so he can't be blackmailed. Even then it would be "iffy" because Dim "plants" would be coming out of the woodwork,claiming they had sex with Cruz when they were 15,etc,etc,etc.

The truth is it is now too late in the political game for Cruz to come clean about his sexuality right before running for President.

Like I wrote before, it is a damn shame because Cruz is PROBABLY the smartest man in the US Senate, but it is what it is, and at this point in time there is nothing that can be done about it.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #107 on: October 22, 2022, 12:56:13 am »
@corbe

Do you just make up things as you go along or do you truly believe that??? 

It was Gregg Abbott that appointed Cruz as Solicitor General of TX and Cruz was the longest serving solicitor general in TX history.

Also please note the case of Medellin v TX where Cruz in essence went up against the wishes of W. Bush and won the case and why he wasn't so popular with the Bush family.

Where you get some of your 'ideas' @sneakypete I'm not quite sure.

I realize you don't like Cruz and so be it, but to accuse or assess him to be a queer is uncalled for.

Offline corbe

« Reply #108 on: October 22, 2022, 12:59:36 am »
   Sen Cruz has already addressed the allegations you bring up @sneakypete

I did not have sex with that Orange Man, The self-proclaimed 'King of Debt'.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2022, 01:03:07 am by corbe »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #109 on: October 22, 2022, 01:02:58 am »
I think SneakyPete is a drag queen, no proof, but I am gonna go ahead and throw that out there because I don't like Trump. /s
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline corbe

« Reply #110 on: October 22, 2022, 01:09:52 am »
   I turned on 'Safe Search' in my Browser and did 'Sneaky Pete in Drag' for ya @sighlass   He's Beautiful, but probably as queer as Cruz.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #111 on: October 22, 2022, 01:11:29 am »
Do you just make up things as you go along or do you truly believe that??? 

It was Gregg Abbott that appointed Cruz as Solicitor General of TX and Cruz was the longest serving solicitor general in TX history.

Also please note the case of Medellin v TX where Cruz in essence went up against the wishes of W. Bush and won the case and why he wasn't so popular with the Bush family.

Where you get some of your 'ideas' @sneakypete I'm not quite sure.

I realize you don't like Cruz and so be it, but to accuse or assess him to be a queer is uncalled for.

@libertybele

I realize you are a Cruz "Fan gurl",but would you still be a Cruz supporter IF he were to come out of the closet?

Offline libertybele

« Reply #112 on: October 22, 2022, 01:14:46 am »
@libertybele

I realize you are a Cruz "Fan gurl",but would you still be a Cruz supporter IF he were to come out of the closet?

Well, I'll ask the same question to you; would you still be a Trump supporter IF he were to come out of the closet?

@sneakypete I can't even believe we're having this ridiculous conversation.  I'm done.  Peace.

Offline corbe

« Reply #113 on: October 22, 2022, 01:18:16 am »
@libertybele

I can't answer for @libertybele @sneakypete but I would stop voting for and defending him, h3ll I didn't even vote for him in 2018, so it will be an easy transition for me.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #114 on: October 22, 2022, 01:18:34 am »
You won't thrive one week longer than the government is willing to allow. Not in this day of drones and satellites.

@sneakypete
The entire might of the US military could not shag a bunch of ragheads out of them bald-assed mountains in Afghanistan, and still can't today... I've got deep forests for cover and to forage food and large ungulates and fish to provide meat... And six months of winter where no machine moves... They'd play hell trying. Besides, they wouldn't be worried about little ol me. I ain't a threat. They'll be busy as hell herding people onto trains and reacting to guerilla fighters around the cities... By the time they worry about me, I'll be dug in like a tick on a dog.

If you want to be a truly effective sniper,the place to be is in a large metropolitan city. Seriously. You can survive a LOT longer and do a LOT more damage to the system from within, where you can disappear into the crowds, than you could ever hope to do in the wilderness. Especially in this day of armed drones.

I understand you will not like the idea of living in a big city. I even agree with you on that,but what you and I like is irrelevant when it comes to being effective. If you are going to die,die hard. Make them work for it.

NOPE. Not the city. I don't know urban warfare and would stick out like a turd in a punch bowl. I'm a big dude. I don't blend into a crowd. That ain't to say I know warfare in the mountains, or any way... But I am one helluva hunter with anything from a knife to a rifle, and if I get ten feet into these woods, you won't see me any damn more.

Told you before, I was raised up in the woods by two LRRP scouts from Nam... What they learned from Charlie, they adapted and brought home... So it ain't like I am green to it if it comes to that...

But my big, big advantage is if you put me in these woods, I'm friggin sasquatch. I will vanish. And I can hunt, and I can track, and I am quiet enough to sneak up on a buck and spank his ass. I have done that for giggles a thousand times.

So no, that don't play in the city. I need to be where I can stretch out.

They would have been true 20+ years ago,but these days isolating yourself in a wilderness area only makes it easier for the government to take you out.

I don't see them committing assets to that - Funny thing... I got drunk with a bunch of Russians from Siberia, and they said that even in the darkest days of the USSR, life in the deep woods went on unchanged... They laughed at how their brethren got rounded up in the cities and hauled out to Siberia... The ones that were FROM there just bided their time and walked off from the camps, Straight off into the woods they knew so well.
Yeah, they got bare supplies from the government... everything got pretty hard, but just like hillbillies here, they knew how and largely remained unaffected.

Seriously. BTW,I don't like it,either. If I thought for an instant your plan was effective,I would adopt it myself. Like I wrote above,20+ years ago that WAS the plan. Times change,and plans must change to adapt to the changing times.

[...]

I heartily agree with the idea,but it is out of date and the equivalent of committing suicide with even having a chance to fire back once.

Yeah... and I know that. I feel it, believe me. But I have three clan houses of family to mind too... It ain't just me. That's why the holler is there... It's for me, but it's also a fallback position for the family, and a place to hunker down... and we can stay there indefinitely if left alone. And if we can't, we can walk off from there into the deep woods.

All I can say to sum this all up is that I HOPE you are right and I am wrong. I don't think so,though,and this,if/when it happens,won't be "my first rodeo". I do know a thing or two about living in the woods as well as going after people who live in the woods.

BUT....,as i wrote above,I hope for nothing less than a colossal success for you and yours if this sort of thing comes to pass.

Same your way - I get what you said. I understand it.  :beer:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #115 on: October 22, 2022, 01:20:30 am »
Well, I'll ask the same question to you; would you still be a Trump supporter IF he were to come out of the closet?

@sneakypete I can't even believe we're having this ridiculous conversation.  I'm done.  Peace.

@libertybele

Nope. Not at this late date. If he had came out of the closet as a young man,maybe right after college,I would have no problem still voting for him,but a man his age coming out of the closet to run for President is both a security risk/distraction,as well as a liability. After all,if he could hide something as important as his sexual orientation  for 50+ years,what else has he been hiding?

We want a president that doesn't spend all his time at press conferences defending his or her sex life,and explaining why they lied about it their whole lives.

BTW,I honestly don't give a flip about what two consenting adults do in private. It's when they start trying to make it into a PC political event that fries my fritters. For decades, maybe even centuries, these people have been claiming it was nobody's business what they did in the privacy of their huts/squats, apartments/whatever, and now it seems like there are far too many of them wanting to do it in the streets to be witnessed. Yeah, THAT DOES piss me off.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2022, 01:27:43 am by sneakypete »

Online Hoodat

« Reply #116 on: October 22, 2022, 01:25:59 am »
I'll spell it out once again; Cruz rec'd more delgates than any other candidate besides Trump.  Of course he dropped out @sneakypete Trump accumulated more delegates than he did and he saw no clear path to victory.

Technically, it was the GOP Establishment that received the most delegates.  Then Cruz.  Then Trump.  The rules dictated that the GOP Establishment delegates had to vote Trump on the first ballot.  After that, who knows?  Jeb Bush, maybe?  John Kasich?

There were not many Trump zealots at that Convention.  But there were a boatload of anti-Cruz delegates.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline corbe

« Reply #117 on: October 22, 2022, 01:31:58 am »
  So, If it comes down to these two Fagots in 2024, you'll just sit it out, I assume? @sneakypete

Offline libertybele

« Reply #118 on: October 22, 2022, 01:33:05 am »
Technically, it was the GOP Establishment that received the most delegates.  Then Cruz.  Then Trump.  The rules dictated that the GOP Establishment delegates had to vote Trump on the first ballot.  After that, who knows?  Jeb Bush, maybe?  John Kasich?

There were not many Trump zealots at that Convention.  But there were a boatload of anti-Cruz delegates.

As I recall the rules were changed at that Convention; basically Cruz was hated and more of a threat than Trump.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #119 on: October 22, 2022, 01:40:03 am »
@roamer_1

GAWD,but how I wish we were both 25 years old and could take off on that walk! Despite our occasional disagreements, I suspect you and I have more in common than not.

@sneakypete

Hey, I have always liked you fine. You ain't got to think like me... In fact I have always preferred alternate views in my friends - They may see things I don't, and that can be a handy thing. Told you I am big. Massive even. 6'3 in my day with a cut weight around 275. I gotta twist my shoulders through a 2-8 door. Every close friend I have had has been a monkey-boy... Little guys who can climb, and can get into small places, and that are wicked quick in a fight. He can do what I am bad at, and I lend him massive strength, terrific intimidation, a sturdy pack mule, and shade.The difference is always an advantage, see?

But yeah... I would enjoy that walk, I truly would.  :beer:

Offline corbe

« Reply #120 on: October 22, 2022, 01:45:04 am »
As I recall the rules were changed at that Convention; basically Cruz was hated and more of a threat than Trump.

They turned the microphones off on the Convention Floor and said the Printers were broken so they couldn't distribute copies of all the rule changes they just made in 'Secret Committee', just like these people (same) did to Reagan in '76.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #121 on: October 22, 2022, 01:59:03 am »
....and I am envious.  I can only imagine in my mind what it must be like to live in such remote and beautiful surroundings.

Nah... you were in AK for a while weren't you @libertybele ? or was it Colorado? All the same thing... Though I will hand it to Alaska... Same thing, but bigger and better.  :beer:

Online Hoodat

« Reply #122 on: October 22, 2022, 02:01:46 am »
I think SneakyPete is a drag queen, no proof, but I am gonna go ahead and throw that out there because I don't like Trump. /s

In SneakyPete's defense, he doesn't come across as a 'Destroy anything critical of Trump' zealot.  His criticism of Cruz is at least original and refreshing.  Much more interesting than the JFK assassination conspiracies, the numerous affairs, or the 'Lying Ted' moniker.  I may vehemently disagree with Pete's assessments here.  But I would never consider lumping him into the #AlwaysTrump category.

Flame away, @sneakypete !
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online Hoodat

« Reply #123 on: October 22, 2022, 02:03:40 am »
   They turned the microphones off on the Convention Floor and said the Printers were broken so they couldn't distribute copies of all the rule changes they just made in 'Secret Committee', just like these people (same) did to Reagan in '76.

Paul Manafort both times.

Offline corbe

« Reply #124 on: October 22, 2022, 02:06:01 am »
   I wouldn't either @Hoodat I rib him (alot) cause I know his skin is tougher than leather~Willie Nelson