Author Topic: Red states, blue cities  (Read 237 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Red states, blue cities
« on: October 20, 2022, 12:59:42 pm »
October 19, 2022
Red states, blue cities
By Andrea Widburg

I spent the past week in Wisconsin and have seldom had the opportunity to see more vividly the red/blue divide in America. The urban areas are predominantly hard left while the rural areas are defiantly conservative.

My trip began in a suburb of Madison, Wisconsin. Because I was still working for part of my trip, I was hunting up appropriate YouTube videos while on a local server. Unlike the situation here in South Carolina, where I almost never see political ads on YouTube (and, no, I don’t know why not), my Wisconsin YouTube feed was overrun with political ads.

It became apparent very quickly what arguments the campaigns were using to sway voters. Without exception, every single Democrat ad I saw attacked the opposing candidate for wanting to ban abortions. That was it. As far as urban and suburban Democrats in Wisconsin are concerned, that is the only winning issue they have.

Meanwhile, the Republican ads hit two themes: The economy and violence. They had a lot of material to work with, too. I did a poll of one (my hostess), asking her which issue she felt was more important. She said that, without a doubt, it was the economy and violence. Abortion, she said, was a non-issue compared to these overwhelming problems.

Out on the streets, many cars had Biden-Harris” bumper stickers still clinging to them. One car I managed to photograph even had a car version of the leftists’ beloved “in this house we believe” yard sign, ending with “kindness is everything.” Somehow that seemed at odds with the sticker showing the Marxist raised fist over an image of Africa. Cognitive dissonance never seems to bother the left.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2022/10/red_states_blue_cities.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Re: Red states, blue cities
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2022, 01:38:28 pm »
The only thing with wisconsin is it has to many M&M's.

Madison and Milwaukee.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2022, 10:42:10 pm »
It is not uncommon to drive through Wisconsin small towns and see pickup trucks with "F***Joe Biden" signs on the back window. One sign I saw said "if you voted for Biden, F*** You."
While I'm generally not supportive of foul language on signs where the public can see them, you can get the general feeling driving through small towns as the wife and I frequently do that Biden is not real popular. A lot more Republican signs in the smaller towns.
Different in the nearby larger population center with several universities. The majority of signs are for Dems.
Overall, Wisconsin is more a purple state than a blue state like some scribblers/talking heads claim. The black voters in Milwaukee many times give the Dems the edge by voting over 90% for any Dem candidate.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2022, 11:51:25 pm »
Talking is NOT going to fix the problem.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien