Author Topic: It's starting to turn toxic out there for Democrats  (Read 680 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
It's starting to turn toxic out there for Democrats
« on: October 18, 2022, 02:43:44 pm »
October 18, 2022
It's starting to turn toxic out there for Democrats
By Monica Showalter

Just days before midterms, it's starting to turn toxic out there for Democrats.

After a certain amount of blather about the red wave vanishing, it's back, with a vengeance, polls say, and Democrats look powerless to stop it.

Start with the obvious here:

President Trump is the most popular politician in the country.

According to Fox News, citing a New York Times poll:

More voters say they would vote for former President Trump than President Biden if the election were held today, according to a new poll from The New York Times and Siena College.

The poll of likely voters also showed Biden's approval rating slipping below 40% for the first time since his boost in August. The NYT and Siena polled 792 registered voters in both English and Spanish over cellphones and landlines from October 9-12, reporting a margin of error of 4%. It found that the vast majority of Americans, 64%, believe the country is on the wrong track.

Trump narrowly beat out Biden in the election question, sporting 45% support to Biden's 44%. Trump's lead in that poll came despite 52% of the electorate saying they viewed him somewhat or very unfavorably.

That would be the same Trump who was raided by the FBI, saw tax-evasion lawsuits thrown at him by the very determined and nakedly partisan New York Attorney General, and was accused again and again of instigating the January 8 riots by the openly partisan, Democrat-handpicked January 6 commission. He was the subject of many negative tell-all books, as well. All of these supposed calamities were bids to smear, discredit and disqualify Trump from running for office.

Instead, Trump's polling numbers grew. The more they throw at him, the more the voters want him. That's toxic for Democrats, who have gone increasingly rabid as Trump's popularity soars.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2022/10/its_starting_to_turn_toxic_out_there_for_democrats.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Re: It's starting to turn toxic out there for Democrats
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2022, 03:12:13 pm »
Inflation is increasing again.  The alleged Inflation Reduction Act is a dud.
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Online Hoodat

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2022, 03:29:34 pm »
The lone issue that Democrats are pushing is abortion, abortion, abortion.  In the last few days, I have seen several Democrats (including the White House press secretary) being asked by reporters if they accept any restrictions on abortion.  And 100% of them said 'no'.   The position that the Democrats are standing on to win this election is legalized abortion up until the moment of birth to be federally mandated on all 50 States.  And the federal government will pay for it all with your tax dollars.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2022, 03:37:25 pm »
“We’re going to keep building the party until we’re hunting Democrats with dogs.”
— Phil Gramm
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2022, 03:38:05 pm »
The Dems are wrong on crime.

The Dems are wrong on inflation.

The Dems are wrong on energy.

The Dems are wrong on immigration.

The Dems are wrong on Federal Spending.

The Dems are wrong on Global Climate Change.

The Dems will lose religiously conservative Dem voters on abortion.
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2022, 03:54:34 pm »
You can't leave the democrats, who created the problems we are facing, in charge of the solution.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2022, 03:58:49 pm »
If the momentum keeps rolling like this, I think the GOP has the chance to win offices that weren't thought to even be in play when this all started.

It may be a copycat of '94 when alot of long term Dem incumbents went down in flames at all levels of govt.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Idiot

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2022, 04:04:43 pm »
If the momentum keeps rolling like this, I think the GOP has the chance to win offices that weren't thought to even be in play when this all started.

It may be a copycat of '94 when alot of long term Dem incumbents went down in flames at all levels of govt.
I'm certainly not getting my hopes up.  Our country is waaaay more liberal than I ever thought it could be.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2022, 04:16:33 pm »
I'm certainly not getting my hopes up.  Our country is waaaay more liberal than I ever thought it could be.

Just a fine point here, but I don’t think our country is more liberal, but democrats are. Then by extension, so is the federal government—since the democrat party is the party of big government.

Online DB

« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2022, 04:28:35 pm »
Just a fine point here, but I don’t think our country is more liberal, but democrats are. Then by extension, so is the federal government—since the democrat party is the party of big government.

And you think Republicans in DC are not all for big government??? Just a different flavor with different priorities, but big government nontheless.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2022, 04:35:37 pm »
And you think Republicans in DC are not all for big government??? Just a different flavor with different priorities, but big government nontheless.

Yep.  Republicans talk a good game.  But every time a bill comes forward that the Democrats want, it gets passed with Republican votes.  Every time a budget bill comes up with automatic spending increases for every department, paid for with freshly printed money from the Fed, Republicans help get it passed.  Every single time.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline aligncare

« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2022, 05:20:22 pm »
@DB  @Hoodat

You all are right about that, the Republican Party after all is home to the common variety RINO. Over any given issue you never know who’s interest they’ll be serving.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2022, 05:29:03 pm »
@DB  @Hoodat

You all are right about that, the Republican Party after all is home to the common variety RINO.

I am now questioning the 'INO' part.  It seems that this is now the GOP norm.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2022, 06:21:39 pm »
I am now questioning the 'INO' part.  It seems that this is now the GOP norm.

The entire game in D. C. is about which side controls the pipelines out of the treasury and that has been the case for a long time now. Public interests are very low priority almost 100% 0f the time. The only time they come to the fore is when they can no longer tamp down the pressure.

Government of, by, and for the people only works when the people are fully engaged.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2022, 07:09:56 pm »
Inflation is increasing again.  The alleged Inflation Reduction Act is a dud.
No it isn't, uh, just haven't given it enough time yet  it just needs more time like till January, you know after the midterms.