Author Topic: Democrat Katie Hobbs Says No to Debate with GOP Opponent Kari Lake – ‘No Desire to Be a Part of the  (Read 268 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Democrat Katie Hobbs Says No to Debate with GOP Opponent Kari Lake – ‘No Desire to Be a Part of the Spectacle’

Pam Key 9 Oct 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnP7I7qeTO4&ab_channel=FacetheNation

Democratic nominee for Arizona Governor Katie Hobbs said Sunday on CBS’s “Face the Nation” that she won’t debate her opponent, Republican nominee Kari Lake.

Partial transcript as follows:

MAJOR GARRETT: Now to Katie Hobbs, she is the Democratic nominee for governor and she’s also in Phoenix this morning, Secretary Hobbs, good morning. Welcome to “Face the Nation.” So your opponent said you don’t want to debate. I’d like to ask you: Are there any conditions under which you would agree to debate Kari Lake, so the voters of Arizona could hear from the two of you, side by side and in real time?

DEMOCRATIC NOMINEE FOR AZ GOVERNOR KATIE HOBBS: Look, what I’ve been focused on is opportunities like this, where they can see us back to back and hear directly from us about the issues that are important to Arizonans and how we would govern without a circus like she created during the GOP Republican primary. I have no desire to be a part of the spectacle that she’s looking to create. Because that doesn’t do any service to the voters of Arizona to hear from us, where we stand on the issues and how we would govern.

GARRETT: So sometimes voters learn things from moments of duress or challenge or circus. Don’t you think you’re strong enough to handle any kind of circus Kari Lake might present if in fact, she were to present one? Don’t the voters of Arizona deserve to see that real?

HOBBS: I think the voters of Arizona have had a chance to see how I work under crisis throughout my leadership during the 2020 election as Secretary of State. When we had to combat multiple election challenges from- from former President Trump and his band of election deniers, including my opponents Kari Lake.

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2022/10/09/democrat-katie-hobbs-says-no-to-debate-with-gop-opponent-kari-lake-no-desire-to-be-a-part-of-the-spectacle/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Hoodat

I was just reading where they were holding a town hall.  But the only way Hobbs would participate was if she didn't have to share the stage with Lake.  So Lake chose to sit on the front row while Hobbs had the floor.  Hobbs found out that Lake was in the audience and refused to come out until she was removed from the floor.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online Hoodat

Here it is:

Kari Lake was booted from Arizona town hall audience before Hobbs took the stage

Marc Caputo  |  Oct. 8, 2022, 5:01 PM EDT

Democrat Katie Hobbs won’t debate her opponent in Arizona’s race for governor, yet Republican Kari Lake tried to make it happen at a candidate town hall that organizers say she disrupted.

Under the agreed-upon rules for the pre-recorded event, which was taped Monday and airs at 7 p.m. Saturday Arizona time, the candidates were not supposed to be onstage at the same time and Hobbs was supposed to go first.

But a problem arose before Hobbs even took the stage: Lake was sitting in the front row, in the direct line of sight of where her opponent would sit.

As a crowd of more than 200 watched, organizers said Lake was supposed to be in a holding room under the rules, a copy of which they refused to provide to NBC News. Lake protested, saying she was unaware of that rule and said Hobbs should come out and debate her. Hobbs didn’t.

After several minutes, Lake complied, leaving behind her campaign surrogate, Mexican telenovela star Eduardo Verástegui.  .  .  .

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2022-election/kari-lake-was-booted-arizona-town-hall-audience-hobbs-took-stage-rcna51347
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-