Author Topic: JUST IN: Climate Strategy Will Increase Warfighting Capabilities, Army Official Says  (Read 147 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

Home » Articles » JUST IN: Climate Strategy Will Increase Warfighting Capabilities, Army Official Says

ENVIRONMENT AND ENERGY SECURITY

10/6/2022
By Josh Luckenbaugh   

The Army’s initiatives to combat climate change will not only expand the service’s resilience to environmental threats but also those on the battlefield, an Army official said.

The Army released its climate strategy in February, becoming the first Defense Department service to do so. The strategy outlined the Army’s long-term climate goals, including a 50 percent reduction of net greenhouse gas pollution by 2030 compared to 2005 levels, and attaining net-zero greenhouse gas emissions by 2050.

On Oct. 5, the Army released its climate strategy implementation plan, which described the Army’s climate objectives through fiscal year 2027.

If the climate strategy is the “what” regarding the Army’s response to climate change, the implementation plan is the “how,” said Paul Farnan, principal deputy assistant secretary of the Army for installations, energy and environment.

https://www.nationaldefensemagazine.org/articles/2022/10/6/climate-strategy-will-increase-warfighting-capabilities-army-official-says
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
I guess they think renewable energy will prevail over missiles. :shrug:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson