Author Topic: Top Democrats voice optimism about holding House in November  (Read 314 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Top Democrats voice optimism about holding House in November
« on: October 05, 2022, 01:48:47 pm »
Top Democrats voice optimism about holding House in November
by Juliegrace Brufke, Congressional Reporter
October 05, 2022 04:00 AM

Top Democrats left Washington voicing more optimism about their odds of holding the House than in months, with leaders arguing that they’ve gained momentum in the final stretch of the midterm elections.

Political forecasters have largely projected that Republicans will flip control of the lower chamber, with analysts repeatedly noting that the party that holds total control of Congress and the White House historically has lost seats in the midterm elections. But Democratic lawmakers have pointed to their successes in two recent special elections, President Joe Biden’s slight uptick in approval ratings, and the Supreme Court’s decision to overturn Roe v. Wade over the summer as factors that may drive out voters to support them in November. Democrats have looked to paint Republicans as extremists and link candidates with former President Donald Trump, tactics they believe will help sway voters in swing districts.

Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee Chairman Sean Patrick Maloney (D-NY) acknowledged that the party has faced headwinds this cycle but feels changes in the climate will work to their advantage in the weeks leading up to Nov. 8.

“Well, look, I mean, I think we feel like we're on offense, and we're getting stronger every day. Millions of voters are waking up to the fact that the MAGA movement has taken away 50 years of guaranteed reproductive freedom, and they're doing nothing about the attacks on our democracy or the violence in our classrooms with guns. So we see our candidates getting stronger,” he told the Washington Examiner.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/house/top-democrats-voice-optimism-about-house-midterms
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Re: Top Democrats voice optimism about holding House in November
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2022, 01:51:21 pm »
Not if OPEC's proposed 2 million barrel a day production cut has anything to do with it.
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2022, 01:55:52 pm »
The DNC mouth pieces are like Cub's Fans...  "Wait till next year"
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2022, 02:03:56 pm »
So what should they say???  Yea, we are going to lose big time???

Stick with the script...  :shrug:

Offline LMAO

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2022, 03:10:31 pm »
So what should they say???  Yea, we are going to lose big time???

Stick with the script...  :shrug:

This

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy