Author Topic: PEO Carriers: USS Gerald R. Ford ‘Fully Delivered’ Ready to Deploy  (Read 189 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
PEO Carriers: USS Gerald R. Ford ‘Fully Delivered’ Ready to Deploy
By: Sam LaGrone
September 26, 2022 2:16 PM • Updated: September 26, 2022 10:30 PM

VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. – Five years after its commissioning, the world’s largest warship is in shape to deploy, the officer who oversees the Navy’s carrier program said last week.

USS Gerald R. Ford (CVN-78) quietly reached its initial operating capability in December and has been in workups since completing a six-month repair availability in March following explosive shock trials off the coast of Florida.

“She’s fully delivered now, she’s met her initial operating capability,” Rear Adm. James Downey told USNI News last week during the American Society of Naval Engineers’ annual Fleet Maintenance and Modernization Symposium.
“She’s fully through the operational threshold.”

https://news.usni.org/2022/09/26/peo-carriers-uss-gerald-r-ford-fully-delivered-ready-to-deploy
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rustynail

Re: PEO Carriers: USS Gerald R. Ford ‘Fully Delivered’ Ready to Deploy
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2022, 10:54:45 am »
Has the Diversity Inclusion Equity audit been done?  What is the ship's ESG score?

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: PEO Carriers: USS Gerald R. Ford ‘Fully Delivered’ Ready to Deploy
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2022, 10:57:12 am »
A ship which has had to have replaced/repaired all the major SNAFUs that were built into her, hasn't had a chance to locate all the potential smaller disasters yet.  Any multi-billion dollar carrier that can be built without weapons elevators, and have no one notice, has many more "opportunities" for embarrassing discoveries. 8888crybaby 
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson