Author Topic: As shelters fill, New York will use tents to house migrants  (Read 289 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
As shelters fill, New York will use tents to house migrants
« on: September 24, 2022, 10:34:59 am »
As shelters fill, New York will use tents to house migrants
BOBBY CAINA CALVAN - Yesterday 9:01 PM
|
New York's mayor says he plans to erect hangar-sized tents as temporary shelter for thousands of international migrants who have been bused into the city as part of a campaign by Republican governors to disrupt federal border policies.

The tents are among an array of options — including cruise ships and summer camps — the city is considering as it struggles to find housing for an estimated 13,000 migrants who have wound up in New York after being bused north from border towns in Texas and Arizona.

“This is not an everyday homelessness crisis, but a humanitarian crisis that requires a different approach,” New York Mayor Eric Adams said in a statement Thursday.

New York’s huge system of homeless shelters has been straining to accommodate the unexpected flow of migrants seeking asylum in the U.S.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/as-shelters-fill-new-york-will-use-tents-to-house-migrants/ar-AA12aQiR?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=8ede63dd4e0945b5b21de1683f59bc88
« Last Edit: September 24, 2022, 10:36:02 am by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: As shelters fill, New York will use tents to house migrants
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2022, 10:37:54 am »
Didn't their most excellent mayor say he was putting them up in expensive hotels?  You don't suppose he discovered that was a most expensive option, do you? :whistle:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: As shelters fill, New York will use tents to house migrants
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2022, 08:20:42 pm »
It's still better than the tent cities in Arizona's 122 degree heat.  Thank God we have Sanctuary Cities like New York and Chitcago who have gone begging, wanting to have illegal aliens of their very own!
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: