Author Topic: Confederate memorial at Arlington Cemetery should be axed: Study  (Read 544 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Confederate memorial at Arlington Cemetery should be axed: Study
« on: September 14, 2022, 01:31:47 pm »
Panel recommends removal of Confederate memorial at Arlington National Cemetery
by Cami Mondeaux, Breaking News Reporter
September 14, 2022 09:00 AM

The Confederate Memorial at Arlington National Cemetery should be dismantled and removed from the cemetery, according to an independent commission’s final report to Congress with suggestions for renaming military bases and assets that commemorate the Confederacy.

The statute, which was unveiled in 1914 and features a bronze woman representing the South, is “problematic from top to bottom” and should be removed entirely, according to the report. The statue’s base also features shields with the coats of arms of the 13 Confederate states, as well as depictions of enslaved men and women.

The recommendations are part of a larger report by the commission that seeks to propose new names for Army bases and assets that commemorate the Confederacy. The Naming Commission is set to submit a three-part report to Congress by Oct. 1 that includes recommendations for all memorials, awards, scholarships, and “inactive, decommissioned, or obsolete assets,” according to the report.

The panel released its first section of the report in May that recommended new names for nine Army bases that commemorate Confederate officers, including Fort Bragg in North Carolina; Fort Benning and Fort Gordon in Georgia; Fort A.P. Hill, Fort Lee, and Fort Pickett in Virginia; Fort Hood in Texas, Fort Polk in Louisiana, and Fort Rucker in Alabama.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/policy/defense-national-security/panel-recommends-removal-confederate-memorial-arlington-cemetery
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Confederate memorial at Arlington Cemetery should be axed: Study
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2022, 01:33:41 pm »
Consider whose estate Arlington Cemetery is on....and no.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2022, 04:18:36 pm »
"...depictions of enslaved men and women."

I looked at photos of said memorial and can find nothing of the sort.

In fact, I'm quite impressed with its detail.
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2022, 04:28:48 pm »
Consider whose estate Arlington Cemetery is on....and no.

Exactly.  An estate seized by the government without due process and just compensation.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2022, 04:31:52 pm »
Independent Commission my ass.

This wokeness IMO is "Problematic" and I hope I see a day these mf'ers pay for this shit.

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2022, 04:36:32 pm »
"...depictions of enslaved men and women."

I looked at photos of said memorial and can find nothing of the sort.

In fact, I'm quite impressed with its detail.

90% of confederate soldiers did not own slaves, and were just committing the crime of defending their homeland, and way of life.

There are a lot of parallels of what I man seeing now versus 1860.  And honestly, outside the terrible institution of slavery, we'd be a hell of a lot better off with a less powerful and weaker Federal Government that the Confederacy proposed.

The Federal Government has become our enemy.  The quicker we realize that the better.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2022, 04:44:38 pm »

90% of confederate soldiers did not own slaves, and were just committing the crime of defending their homeland, and way of life.

There are a lot of parallels of what I man seeing now versus 1860.  And honestly, outside the terrible institution of slavery, we'd be a hell of a lot better off with a less powerful and weaker Federal Government that the Confederacy proposed.

The Federal Government has become our enemy.  The quicker we realize that the better.
:thumbsup:
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2022, 04:45:04 pm »
So with the state of governance right now in the U.S.

How is what we pay April 15th not basically paying Tribute to the federal mobsters?

Someone prove my wrong......

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2022, 04:50:37 pm »
Many Confederate military veterans were also American military veterans of the Mexican-American War of 1846 - 1848.

Many Confederate military veterans were descendants of American veterans of the French and Indian War of 1754 - 1763, American Revolutionary War, War of 1812, Declaration of Independence signers, Constitutional Convention representatives, and other storied families of early American history.

The history of the Confederacy is also American history.  It should not exploited nor glorified for political gain, but it needs to be remembered, studied, and understood.

Purging the Confederacy from America's historical record is an act of Northern Agression, not American reconciliation.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2022, 07:00:31 pm »
Many Confederate military veterans were also American military veterans of the Mexican-American War of 1846 - 1848.

Many Confederate military veterans were descendants of American veterans of the French and Indian War of 1754 - 1763, American Revolutionary War, War of 1812, Declaration of Independence signers, Constitutional Convention representatives, and other storied families of early American history.

The history of the Confederacy is also American history.  It should not exploited nor glorified for political gain, but it needs to be remembered, studied, and understood.

Purging the Confederacy from America's historical record is an act of Northern Agression, not American reconciliation.

I think the completion of the Great Confederate Purge will mark the beginning of a full-out race war.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: