Author Topic: America Delira By Victor Davis Hanson  (Read 496 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
America Delira By Victor Davis Hanson
« on: September 12, 2022, 04:26:02 pm »
America Delira
We went mad because we easily could. And we could, not because we were poor and oppressed, but because
we were rich and bored.
By Victor Davis Hanson
September 11, 2022

Travel abroad and or talk to pro-American foreigners here, and you will be surprised at what they say. It is not boilerplate anti-Americanism of the usual cheap Euro style. And their keen criticism is not just that we are $30 trillion in debt, dependent on China, with a corrupt elite, or have gone insane inventing the most lurid crimes to put away the supposedly predetermined guilty Donald Trump.

Instead, they express disbelief, worry, lamentation even, that the one solid referent in the world has gone, well, completely rabid. They are terrified after the Afghanistan debacle that their old ally or new homeland, the once constant America, is delirious, incompetent, and self-loathing, and now there is no plausible alternative to the old American deterrence.

So, they wonder who will resist China, Russia, Iran, or North Korea—and are silently petrified to go it alone without the United States.

They seem staggered by the very ideas that now emanate from the United States: that nonexistent borders are desirable; that once rarified institutions like the FBI or CIA now function like the Stasi of old; that the very idea of meritocracy is considered racist; that one incorrect word can destroy a life-long career; that there are three or more sexes, not two; that biological men with male genitalia and physiology can compete, and destroy decades of advances, in women’s sports; that race is the sole mode of self-identification; and that half of America dislikes American customs, history—and the other 50 percent of the population—as much as do its enemies.

Onlookers no longer see American universities as free-wheeling bastions of unfettered research and expression. Rather they watch dreary (and sometimes scary) places where conformity to the old Soviet-style is enforced—or else.

more
https://amgreatness.com/2022/09/11/america-delira/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online catfish1957

• If you are a democrat.... You are my enemy. We will never forget May 30, 2024. FJB
  • Political Researcher
Re: America Delira By Victor Davis Hanson
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2022, 04:46:40 pm »
Good read.  VDH, lately has been the ultimate of Captain Obvious, but I enjoyed his take of how we are now viewed in the world.

And honestly...  90% of this bewilderment is at the hands of Pedo Joe, and his cronies.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2022, 04:50:49 pm »
Good read.  VDH, lately has been the ultimate of Captain Obvious, but I enjoyed his take of how we are now viewed in the world.

And honestly...  90% of this bewilderment is at the hands of Pedo Joe, and his cronies.

The entire article is worth reading, IMHO.  It puts the U.S. of today into the same tracking that the old Roman Republic was in, to my view, and suggests that if we're not careful, we'll suffer the same result.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2022, 05:39:21 pm »
The entire article is worth reading, IMHO.  It puts the U.S. of today into the same tracking that the old Roman Republic was in, to my view, and suggests that if we're not careful, we'll suffer the same result.

Well, VDH is a Classical Historian, so when he blows on that trumpet, people listen.  And yeah, we are starting to circle the Roman drain.  Good catch!
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2022, 03:47:15 am »

Well, 90% of his top people are a freakshow of candidates chosen for their novel sexual proclivities, accidents of genetics, or promotion of outright mental illness. What is the world to think? The lunatics have taken over the asylum.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2022, 03:48:37 am »
We have been there since coins went from silver to cupro-nickel sandwiches. Rome suffered monetary debasement before the social aspects became critical.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline DB

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2022, 06:17:40 am »
 :bkmk:

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2022, 10:14:57 am »
We have been there since coins went from silver to cupro-nickel sandwiches. Rome suffered monetary debasement before the social aspects became critical.

Respectfully disagree.