Author Topic: 21 Years After 9/11, TSA Still Insists on Grabbing Your D**k When You Fly  (Read 279 times)

Offline mountaineer

21 Years After 9/11, TSA Still Insists on Grabbing Your D**k When You Fly
The Transportation Security Administration is one of the more useless, invasive appendages of the post-9/11 security state. It’s well past time to get rid of it.
Christian Britschgi | 9.11.2022 8:00 AM
Twenty-one years on from the destruction of the Twin Towers, it's becoming possible to tell which parts of the post-9/11 security state were passing expediencies or flashes of paranoia, and which have become institutionalized parts of American life.

Last year's withdrawal from Afghanistan suggests large-scale regime change wars with lots of American boots on the ground are over for now. The Biden administration, for all its foreign policy faults, has drastically wound down overseas drone strikes. Perhaps those too will become a relic of a darker time.

Many more elements of the War on Terror bureaucracy have become permanent, accepted features of American life. That would include the most visible, intrusive, and useless of them all: the Transportation Security Administration (TSA).

Created just two short months after the 9/11 attacks, the TSA nationalized a largely privatized, decentralized system of airport security that existed previously and replaced it with the federalized behemoth we know today. ...

I got a good reminder of the TSA's many excesses just yesterday when going through one of the agency's once-controversial full-body scanners.

As I stepped out of the Orwellian picture booth in the Nashville airport, I was told that the machine had issued a "groin alert" and that I'd have to receive the requisite pat down.

A TSA agent took me aside and explained in minute detail all the places his hands and fingers would have to go—all, I guess, in an effort to reassure me that the coming molestation was all above board (legally, if not literally). ...

Still, nothing has changed about the uselessness of the TSA.

The agency misses as much as 70 percent of the fake bombs, guns, and explosives that undercover government auditors try to sneak through their security checkpoints. Surveyed passengers report a near-90 percent success rate at getting illicit substances and items through security.

Improved safety obviously isn't the reason the agency is still around.  ...
Read entire article at Reason
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: 21 Years After 9/11, TSA Still Insists on Grabbing Your D**k When You Fly
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2022, 07:29:48 am »
You gotta ask yourself, "What kind of guy or gal would stand there all day and pat down guy's packages (and other women).

:terror: Sheesh!

And I used to enjoy flying.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2022, 12:02:31 pm »
We're going to fly next month for the first time since 9/2019. Not looking forward to it. Praying the flights aren't delayed or cancelled (not to mention the TSA aggravation).
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline aligncare

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2022, 01:10:21 pm »
We're going to fly next month for the first time since 9/2019. Not looking forward to it. Praying the flights aren't delayed or cancelled (not to mention the TSA aggravation).

Flying was great in the 60’s and through most of the 90’s. Roomy seats, pretty girls, good meals, great deals. Sigh.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2022, 04:04:09 pm »
I spent a couple of months flying from John Wayne to San Jose and in those 8 flights never once was I patted down or chosen for extra attention while each and every time my friend was given 'extra special' attention. He asked me why I was never picked while he always was and I told him that maybe while in line I would talk about how much I would enjoy(just BSing)while he complained about. As far as flying again? even if I wanted to I don't think I could, I don't have my BC so no passport and no new ID :shrug: