Author Topic: Democrats Aren’t ‘Divisive,’ They’re Desperate.. Eddie Scarry  (Read 1191 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Democrats Aren’t ‘Divisive,’ They’re Desperate
By: Eddie Scarry
September 09, 2022

Democrats grow increasingly desperate as they continue to fail, so they’re hysterically attempting to brand Republican leaders as “authoritarian.”

People on the right are calling Joe Biden’s vicious “MAGA Republicans” speech “unpresidential” and “divisive” when in reality, it was simply desperate. That’s a new theme on the left that has become obvious on a comical level.

The national media have spent the last several weeks insisting that after enduring months of record inflation, unaffordable gas and electric bills, plus a completely avoidable war costing taxpayers billions (and counting), the country is now feeling a new sense of affection for Biden. I’m sure. Now they’re hyping up the Democrat line about some “extreme MAGA ideology” (what?) and “authoritarian leaders” who “represent an extremism that threatens the very foundations of our republic.”

Those are all quotes that Biden slurred his way through last week in Philadelphia, but the sentiment was just as sweetly captured the previous day in a New York Times column by Thomas Edsall. But instead of targeting the unnamed yet ever-so-fearsome “MAGA Republicans,” Edsall and a round of scholars went after Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis, aka God’s Chosen One.

more
https://thefederalist.com/2022/09/09/democrats-arent-divisive-theyre-desperate/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Re: Democrats Aren’t ‘Divisive,’ They’re Desperate.. Eddie Scarry
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2022, 03:37:02 pm »
Malarkey, democrats have always been divisive the fact that they are also desperate doesn't change that one iota.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2022, 06:43:03 pm »
How Democrats Wage Political War

If we don't win, we don't eat!

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2022, 12:11:12 pm »
Malarkey, democrats have always been divisive the fact that they are also desperate doesn't change that one iota.

:thumbsup:

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2022, 12:40:12 pm »
Democrats grow increasingly desperate as they continue to fail, so they’re hysterically attempting to brand Republican leaders as “authoritarian.”

This is one of the most frightening statements I've read in a while. 

The democrats --- who can raid our homes at will,  throw us in prision for years without a trial, stop us on the street and demand our phones, pull us from airport lines and remove us in shackles, block our avenues of communications ---- are not "desperate".    They are the victors.

Branding us "authoritarian" is simply the cherry on their entertainment parfait.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2022, 12:54:39 pm »
This is one of the most frightening statements I've read in a while. 

The democrats --- who can raid our homes at will,  throw us in prision for years without a trial, stop us on the street and demand our phones, pull us from airport lines and remove us in shackles, block our avenues of communications ---- are not "desperate".    They are the victors.

Branding us "authoritarian" is simply the cherry on their entertainment parfait.
Victors? I ain't heard no fat lady! It ain't over until it's over, and it isn't over yet by a longshot.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline aligncare

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2022, 01:21:52 pm »
Victors? I ain't heard no fat lady! It ain't over until it's over, and it isn't over yet by a longshot.

It will be over, sure.  Precious freedoms are not only being chipped away, but bulldozed one after another.  My fear is that it will not be over with a bang, but with a whimper, as patience on the right seems inexhaustible and too many of our representatives seem unconcerned by it all.

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2022, 03:26:40 pm »

You're not listening.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2022, 08:53:37 pm »

FACTS. Let em try that crap out here where I am (we are)... They are still largely confined to their sh*thole cities - It is a sorrow that many are under their sway - but it is urban tolerances that are at fault. Not a victory over those of us who still breath free. And that is mostly their own mess to clean up.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2022, 09:28:40 pm »
FACTS. Let em try that crap out here where I am (we are)... They are still largely confined to their sh*thole cities - It is a sorrow that many are under their sway - but it is urban tolerances that are at fault. Not a victory over those of us who still breath free. And that is mostly their own mess to clean up.

I live in the city and I agree with your bottom line “it’s their own mess to clean up”. Unfortunately it will never happen. New York City is lost and the only salvation is to get out.

« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2022, 09:39:05 pm »
FACTS. Let em try that crap out here where I am (we are)...

All 12 of you?

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2022, 01:15:40 am »
I live in the city and I agree with your bottom line “it’s their own mess to clean up”. Unfortunately it will never happen. New York City is lost and the only salvation is to get out.

I don't consider it to be irreparable @aligncare ... But well beyond me - It is a stench to me. I have not entered into any city in many years and have no plan to ever again. But even those diseased places that infect the rest of the country are not beyond hope - The Father has not destroyed them yet, and like any other, repentance can turn them around.

But I ain't holding my breath either.  :whistle:

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2022, 01:18:04 am »
All 12 of you?

YEP. And I thank God above for that every day. You can keep your fetid cities. I will stay out here in flyover country where I am free.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2022, 03:30:53 am »
YEP. And I thank God above for that every day. You can keep your fetid cities. I will stay out here in flyover country where I am free.
Ditto!
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2022, 05:59:11 am »
I will stay out here in flyover country where I am free.

Don't besmirch flyover country ---- the people who actually live there aren't looking for a tarp to hide under.  They're fighters.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2022, 06:23:22 am »
Don't besmirch flyover country ---- the people who actually live there aren't looking for a tarp to hide under.  They're fighters.

You don't know the half of it. We'll all fight like hell - just not for you.

« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2022, 09:20:47 am »

The vast majority of America intrinsically knows this about you and your brand of "conservatism" @roamer_1   ----  the untrustworthy, inhumane sliver of political blowhards who are wrongheaded, utterly useless and undeserving of their vote. 

Your confession was unnecessary.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2022, 09:51:37 am »
The vast majority of America intrinsically knows this about you and your brand of "conservatism" @roamer_1   ----  the untrustworthy, inhumane sliver of political blowhards who are wrongheaded, utterly useless and undeserving of their vote. 

"Unnecessary"...yet amusing at the same time.   wink777
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2022, 02:15:11 pm »

What would I have to confess... I have been standing on it, right here, all the way along... And I ain't the one begging for votes.

« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2022, 11:37:37 am »
I ain't the one begging for votes.

You're sure begging people vote your way, ain't ya @roamer_1  ---- it's why you spam every thread you pass through.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2022, 11:59:45 am »

Sadly, it isn’t just NYC
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline LMAO

« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2022, 12:04:15 pm »

Nah

We’re a dying breed. Even in the GOP, there’s a battle between the Establishment wing represented by the likes of Mitch and Mitt, the big spending, big government populist  wing represented by Trump, and the limited government Ron Paul type wing

The establishment and the big government populist wing are winning
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2022, 01:04:17 pm »
You're sure begging people vote your way, ain't ya @roamer_1  ---- it's why you spam every thread you pass through.

Haven't ever begged a damn thing @Right_in_Virginia - Arguing points of view are what forums are *for*... And as for spamming threads... well that would be the pot calling the kettle black, no?

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2022, 01:21:44 pm »
Nah

We’re a dying breed. Even in the GOP, there’s a battle between the Establishment wing represented by the likes of Mitch and Mitt, the big spending, big government populist  wing represented by Trump, and the limited government Ron Paul type wing

You would be right if politics were the be-all and end-all of everything... Which it is not...
And while I do accept the premise that governments tend from liberty to tyranny,  and from that one might develop a 'You are here' arrow... The west particularly (to include the plains somewhat less stringently), is profoundly liberty minded.

I recognize that I come from what is probably the most libertarian place there is (barring AK perhaps, as if it is different), and that colors my thinking with a bias in that direction... Very likely so...  But the west and the Northern Plains will not give that up easily. Ditto, I think, wrt the Desert SW extending toward the southern Plains, though it is not as wild and free - Tamed a bit by the Bible belt, which fits best in the genteel South...

But none of them confuse that liberty with its political charade. Sure and the Rockies won't have it the most, But the rest are not that far behind.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2022, 01:27:17 pm by roamer_1 »

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2022, 01:25:13 pm »

To return to the point for emphasis:

As with liberalism, they are winning because they have no opposition. Same thing exactly.