Author Topic: Ted Cruz plots a 2024 bid even as he waits on Trump  (Read 13533 times)

Online corbe

Re: Ted Cruz plots a 2024 bid even as he waits on Trump
« Reply #250 on: September 18, 2022, 07:05:03 pm »
   I think Trump would make a great UN Ambassador in a DeSantis Administration.   yogi555
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online libertybele

« Reply #251 on: September 18, 2022, 07:07:39 pm »
   I think Trump would make a great UN Ambassador in a DeSantis Administration.   yogi555

...hmm.... hopefully he would encourage Desantis to get the U.S. the heck out of the U.N.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #252 on: September 18, 2022, 07:09:37 pm »
...hmm.... hopefully he would encourage Desantis to get the U.S. the heck out of the U.N.

Or at least give the diplomats manning the NYC UN Building 30 days to GTH out.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #253 on: September 18, 2022, 07:10:15 pm »
Why? Since you seem to be such a gun expert,why not tell us all what they are good for and why YOU want one?

Not that it needs to be justified, @sneakypete , but I would love to have silenced weapons. Love it!

You act like the only thing they're good for is killing people - Well anything that's good for killing people is just as good for killing other things.

Have you ever hunted coyotes? They show up in a gang, and the minute they hear the rifle go off, they scatter - You get ONE burst, and about three seconds to get however many you are going to get, which is as many as you can. Try that with a bolt action, you'll be lucky to get one or two. Semi-auto might double that.

What would be optimal would be a lightweight semi-auto with a scope and a suppressor capable of operating at 75 to 125 yards. Heck, you might even be able to call in multiple gangs without relocating.

Now, I know a suppressor is limited to subsonic ammo - so you cannot suppress a magnum round - which makes long range ammo that will take an elk or some such down unlikely... But don't act like they wouldn't be handy, because they sure as hell would.

You now so desperate to hide your hatred for Trump and justify it that you have to repeat something you don't even understand,and even THEN have to modify it to include useless crap like bump stocks and silencers?

SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED. What is so hard to understand about that? That has been the battle cry for R2KBA. Anyone who does ANYTHING to infringe upon 2A is rightfully excoriated every time... Except your sainted orange prince. The hypocrisy is astounding! Anyone else would be slaughtered by the right, and you know it.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #254 on: September 18, 2022, 07:14:35 pm »
Certain times call for Great Men to command.

Looking back two years, it's obvious how much of a difference in the world just ONE MAN can make.

OMG, What saccharine crap!  :silly:

Online roamer_1

« Reply #255 on: September 18, 2022, 07:16:46 pm »
I am thinking if DJT runs, he'll be unopposed on the conservative wing, and just swat a few nasty gnats like Liz Cheney, and few other swamp complict RINO bastards.

And then spend us into oblivion.

Offline Killer Clouds

« Reply #256 on: September 18, 2022, 07:22:16 pm »
Already being done by your party.

Online libertybele

« Reply #257 on: September 18, 2022, 07:29:48 pm »

It's such a relief that Joe has the budget under control while keeping us energy independent and strengthening our military.  He's hired 87,000 weaponized IRS agents to keep us company too.

As for the empty shelves, who needs food????   *****rollingeyes*****

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #258 on: September 18, 2022, 07:30:00 pm »

Ridiculous excuse - and I don't have a party. Not since 07.

Online corbe

« Reply #259 on: September 18, 2022, 07:33:56 pm »

@Killer Clouds I hate to be the one that breaks it to you but @roamer_1 prefers to Party alone.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online libertybele

« Reply #260 on: September 18, 2022, 07:36:20 pm »
   @Killer Clouds I hate to be the one that breaks it to you but @roamer_1 prefers to Party alone.

Rumor has it that it's usually in front of the refrigerator late at night.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #261 on: September 18, 2022, 07:37:30 pm »
It's such a relief that Joe has the budget under control while keeping us energy independent and strengthening our military.  He's hired 87,000 weaponized IRS agents to keep us company too.

As for the empty shelves, who needs food????   *****rollingeyes*****

Same ridiculous nonsense. Excusing behavior on the right by saying Democrats are worse. That's bullcrap, and such a low bar as to be nonexistent. You're going to need to demand WAY more than that of Republicans if you want to keep us free and prosperous.

And everything you put forth BEGAN in COVID under Tumpy, to include this present inflationary cycle. That is not to say the Democrats haven't made it worse, because they have...

But considering how thin the dollar is these days, I doubt the Republicans would be doing much better. Don't know that for sure, but I have my doubts - Especially that Republicans would have the sheer cajones to implement the severe austerity that is the only real fix to our economy.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #262 on: September 18, 2022, 07:39:58 pm »

Hey @corbe ...How did you get that picture? Have you been following me around again?

:tongue2: :silly: :beer:

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #263 on: September 18, 2022, 07:44:20 pm »
Same ridiculous nonsense. Excusing behavior on the right by saying Democrats are worse.
I don't believe that's what she did.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online corbe

« Reply #264 on: September 18, 2022, 07:47:30 pm »
Hey @corbe ...How did you get that picture? Have you been following me around again?

:tongue2: :silly: :beer:

It's an image from a Chinese Satellite, leaked by your NSA by some Trumper that still holds a grudge.  :beer:

Online libertybele

« Reply #265 on: September 18, 2022, 07:48:24 pm »
Same ridiculous nonsense. Excusing behavior on the right by saying Democrats are worse. That's bullcrap, and such a low bar as to be nonexistent. You're going to need to demand WAY more than that of Republicans if you want to keep us free and prosperous.

And everything you put forth BEGAN in COVID under Tumpy, to include this present inflationary cycle. That is not to say the Democrats haven't made it worse, because they have...

But considering how thin the dollar is these days, I doubt the Republicans would be doing much better. Don't know that for sure, but I have my doubts - Especially that Republicans would have the sheer cajones to implement the severe austerity that is the only real fix to our economy.

No, I'm not making excuses other than Trump had a pandemic to deal with; similar to having to spend $$ on a war. At least he put people back to work and my grocery, utility bills and taxes didn't double, nor was I paying nearly $5.00 for gas (ya it's come down slightly, I get it).  I'm not stating he had the economy under control, but things were at least livable.

Joe scares the absolute living bejezzus out of me.  He has dismantled this country very quickly and he's not done with us yet.

Push comes to shove sometimes @roamer_1 and sometimes we have to deal with the best we've been given even though things aren't perfect.

There are people who don't have jobs anymore and can't feed their families.  I've been solicited now 3 times for money from nearby neighbors asking to pitch in $$ so people aren't out on the streets.  There is no excuse for that to be happening in this country.  There is no excuse for empty shelves in this country.

I will ALWAYS vote for the person who takes our Republic in a more positive direction.  I know you don't agree, but Trump took us in a much more positive direction and he had us headed down the right path in so many different ways. He may have not taken us there as a fiscal conservative, but nonetheless, I think he did an excellent job.

Peace.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2022, 07:56:31 pm by libertybele »

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #266 on: September 18, 2022, 07:51:50 pm »

Good post. Like with spending, it’s incredible what some here will tolerate as long as it’s  Trump. When Trump said something to the effect of he could shoot someone in the middle of 5th ave and his loyalists would still back him, he wasn’t exaggerating as we see

What’s a FUDD?

Yeah, personally the difference between most Cruz supporters and Trump supporters is when Cruz screws up (and he does on occasion) we give him heck.... Trump supporters for the most part just make excuses (liked their pride is mixed in the very balance). Most of us here understand that people are flawed, it is like picking diamonds, the less flawed are more valued by most.

Last night I was reading the Bible (Samuel) and realized how Israel was better off just trusting God instead of having a King (like other countries did). Why? Because human nature being prone to sin in some form or fashion. Our Checks and Balances help of course, but it is what it is and when elected people from far left areas rot our system we are on a razor's edge of falling... and most here see it written in the cards. It has turned me somewhat bitter, knowing that as a country, a good hard fall may be what we need (and dread it knowing it hurts and many will die). The cycle of Israel was a rough one, time and time again.

@LMAO
A FUDD as I understand it basically came from the cartoon Elmer Fudd... It was a person that really cared less about the Second Amendment as long as their guns in their possession were not affected... Pass whatever gun laws you want, as long as their collection was unaffected. Perhaps they hunted on occasion, but mostly they were just content to keep their trophies for display.

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Fudd

Do I really think @sneakypete is a FUDD... No... but when he defends Trump at times he sure sways that way. He even recently suggested I had never shot a gun in defense of his "precious". QUOTE: "I am beginning to suspect you have never even shot a gun..." /End Quote

He attacks without thinking... Example: When I suggested I would like to have a silencer... He sarcastically asks "Why?" Ignoring that I completely answered that very question in my post... My answer was Home defense situations to reduce noise in the house (thus reducing the need for ear protection that takes time to admister)... To make shooting at the range more enjoyable (I live a freaking few blocks from the police gun range btw, though it is only open to the public on Saturdays). I also suggested that it made it possible to shoot at wild animals without scattering the group more likely, thus maybe getting several shots off (we have wild swine problems here).

Sneaky then says Quote: Yeah,other RINO's who have suddenly discovered their love of something they  have never seen or ever used."... /End Quote .... So if you like freedom, you are a Rino... Only he (who he points out has been in combat and shot at others) can decide. Thank you for your service Sneakypete, but having common sense is independent of whether one served or not. Cindy Sheehan went on her anti-war campaigns with a crazy vet by her side, not all vets are worthy of being considered right on everything. I don't have to serve 14 tours to know the value of second amendment. I don't have to be a woman to know a baby is separate life. It is a fallacy that you have to be XX to know YY. It may help in some situations, but most of us know right from wrong anyways through rightful careful deduction (including hearing what people like Pete have to say).

Quote from: SneakyPete
You now so desperate to hide your hatred for Trump and justify it that you have to repeat something you don't even understand,and even THEN have to modify it to include useless crap like bump stocks and silencers?

Again, I would stomp on Cruz if he did what Trump did (different subjects)... and rightfully so... Pete has stomped on 2nd Freedoms to defend (save face?) someone you hold above the 2nd Amendment... I agree that bump stocks are probable junk trinkets, but I don't stomp on other's rights to own them... I highly disagree with Sneaky on the value of silencers (that I have only shot one/once at a gun range when a nice stranger let me shoot his on his 22). I would like to have one if the red tape was lifted. 
« Last Edit: September 18, 2022, 08:01:19 pm by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Sighlass

« Reply #267 on: September 18, 2022, 08:00:05 pm »

I am embarrassed how hard I just laughed at this... Love ya Roamer, but you are one unique person and this just hit my funny bone pretty solid.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Sighlass

« Reply #268 on: September 18, 2022, 08:19:29 pm »
Not that it needs to be justified, @sneakypete , but I would love to have silenced weapons. Love it!

You act like the only thing they're good for is killing people - Well anything that's good for killing people is just as good for killing other things.

Have you ever hunted coyotes? They show up in a gang, and the minute they hear the rifle go off, they scatter - You get ONE burst, and about three seconds to get however many you are going to get, which is as many as you can. Try that with a bolt action, you'll be lucky to get one or two. Semi-auto might double that.

What would be optimal would be a lightweight semi-auto with a scope and a suppressor capable of operating at 75 to 125 yards. Heck, you might even be able to call in multiple gangs without relocating.

Now, I know a suppressor is limited to subsonic ammo - so you cannot suppress a magnum round - which makes long range ammo that will take an elk or some such down unlikely... But don't act like they wouldn't be handy, because they sure as hell would.

SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED. What is so hard to understand about that? That has been the battle cry for R2KBA. Anyone who does ANYTHING to infringe upon 2A is rightfully excoriated every time... Except your sainted orange prince. The hypocrisy is astounding! Anyone else would be slaughtered by the right, and you know it.

You have a better way with words than I do, thanks Roamer... I live in a small city, I have about 4 acres here and I trap wild animals in my storage house area... Raccoons, armadillos, ground hogs, possums, gopher rats, and a few other critters. Some folks like to trap and release, but I also would like the option to shoot them humanly when they have hurt themselves badly fighting the cage. I did just that a few months ago when a raccoon (strong critters, bent my cage up badly), because he was half dead (covered in mud and poop and nearly froze to death by the time I got to him). I popped him with a well placed 380 round and it was over (at the time my neighbor closest me had died so their house was empty). But another reason I would love to have a silencer to more humanly kill critters without setting neighbors on edge. I own land next to the local shooting range and have took the cages with animals inside there to shoot (draws less suspicion)... but it is a pain to walk that last 1/8th mile in overgrowth now at my age.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #269 on: September 18, 2022, 08:24:45 pm »
No, I'm not making excuses other than Trump had a pandemic to deal with; similar to having to spend $$ on a war.

Except as it turns out, he didn't... The entire destruction, which he largely presided over, was entirely unnecessary. And I say that being for him in that, until he folded like a 2 dollar lawn chair and shut the nation off.

At least he put people back to work

Until he shut it off. He shut it all off. He shut it the f*ck OFF. Do you have any grasp of how many small businesses went under over that? All y'all have some kind of myopia that focuses only on the halcyon days of the first two years. The last two years were utter destruction.

and my grocery, utility bills and taxes didn't double, nor was I paying nearly $5.00 for gas (ya it's come down slightly, I get it).  I'm not stating he had the economy under control, but things were at least livable.

Everything (except fuel prices I believe) began to disintegrate during COVID.

Joe scares the absolute living bejezzus out of me.  He has dismantled this country very quickly and he's not done with us yet.

And he should. But you should be used to it by now - Our economy has been whipsawing back and forth for more than a decade. Obummer did the same dang thing.

Push comes to shove sometimes @roamer_1 and sometimes we have to deal with the best we've been given even though things aren't perfect.

Shades of the false platitude 'Don't let perfect be the enemy of the good'... That has been bastardized enough to get people to settle for 'barely good enough'. Like I said, y'all are going to have to stand up and demand way, way more from your elected leaders if you want us to retain our liberties and thereby our success. Why be content with barely good enough when excellence can be had? DEMAND EXCELLENCE.

There are people who don't have jobs anymore and can't feed their families.  I've been solicited now 3 times for money from nearby neighbors asking to pitch in $$ so people aren't out on the streets.  There is no excuse for that to be happening in this country.  There is no excuse for empty shelves in this country.

Sadly, one of the only benefits of an out of control government is that they are feeding people liberal reality with a fire hose... This end is to be expected, and has happened before. But it does not excuse the part that the opposition - The Republicans - have played in putting us where we are. At the very least, they have left the government we have now in place - Had they done as they vowed, this overweening powerful state would not be here to be commanded.

There is no excuse. Read em and weep. Because thats the only way you'll get pissed off enough at your own to quit settling.

I will ALWAYS vote for the person who takes our Republic in a more positive direction.  I know you don't agree, but Trump took us in a much more positive direction and he had us headed down the right path in so many different ways. He may have not taken us there as a fiscal conservative, but nonetheless, I think he did an excellent job.

As I said above, I think your narrative excludes his last two years... I think he did more damage to this country than any Republican before him.

And to exclude fiscal conservatism is the old 'Mussolini made the trains run on time' defense - It doesn't matter what tyranny they lived under so long as the trains ran on time - A hilarious example of ignoring the elephant in the room.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #270 on: September 18, 2022, 08:29:09 pm »
Again, I would stomp on Cruz if he did what Trump did (different subjects)... and rightfully so... 

I would too, and have, right here on this board.
He ain't Jesus.

Online corbe

« Reply #271 on: September 18, 2022, 08:36:21 pm »
   After needlessly voting for Trump's first two budgets, like most Trumpers (for a different reason) I didn't even pull the lever for him in 2018 AND I'm a big Cruzer.

Online libertybele

« Reply #272 on: September 18, 2022, 08:43:48 pm »
Except as it turns out, he didn't... The entire destruction, which he largely presided over, was entirely unnecessary. And I say that being for him in that, until he folded like a 2 dollar lawn chair and shut the nation off.

Until he shut it off. He shut it all off. He shut it the f*ck OFF. Do you have any grasp of how many small businesses went under over that? All y'all have some kind of myopia that focuses only on the halcyon days of the first two years. The last two years were utter destruction.

Everything (except fuel prices I believe) began to disintegrate during COVID.

And he should. But you should be used to it by now - Our economy has been whipsawing back and forth for more than a decade. Obummer did the same dang thing.

Shades of the false platitude 'Don't let perfect be the enemy of the good'... That has been bastardized enough to get people to settle for 'barely good enough'. Like I said, y'all are going to have to stand up and demand way, way more from your elected leaders if you want us to retain our liberties and thereby our success. Why be content with barely good enough when excellence can be had? DEMAND EXCELLENCE.

Sadly, one of the only benefits of an out of control government is that they are feeding people liberal reality with a fire hose... This end is to be expected, and has happened before. But it does not excuse the part that the opposition - The Republicans - have played in putting us where we are. At the very least, they have left the government we have now in place - Had they done as they vowed, this overweening powerful state would not be here to be commanded.

There is no excuse. Read em and weep. Because thats the only way you'll get pissed off enough at your own to quit settling.

As I said above, I think your narrative excludes his last two years... I think he did more damage to this country than any Republican before him.

And to exclude fiscal conservatism is the old 'Mussolini made the trains run on time' defense - It doesn't matter what tyranny they lived under so long as the trains ran on time - A hilarious example of ignoring the elephant in the room.

@roamer_1  no, Trump didn't shut if off ..... he left the shutdowns and opening back up to the governors of the States. 

I am not settling, but I sure as heck am not denying that we were better off under Trump than currently under Joe.

I don't know about you but Joe's debacle in Afghanistan wasn't pretty.  He has taken us from being energy independent to nearly depleting our energy reserves, he has is eyes on EV only and yes, the 87,000 weaponized IRS agents he hired to likely confiscate weapons scares me.  Most of us don't have the set up you do to hide weapons and ammo all over the wilderness near by ... not that easy in the city. 

It's not a matter of the economy he's bouncing around; he's bounced us right into a recession heading into a depression. 

Should we talk about Joe & Company's push for socialism?? 

We're way off topic which is Cruz in '24.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #273 on: September 18, 2022, 08:45:38 pm »
You have a better way with words than I do, thanks Roamer... I live in a small city, I have about 4 acres here and I trap wild animals in my storage house area... Raccoons, armadillos, ground hogs, possums, gopher rats, and a few other critters. Some folks like to trap and release, but I also would like the option to shoot them humanly when they have hurt themselves badly fighting the cage. I did just that a few months ago when a raccoon (strong critters, bent my cage up badly), because he was half dead (covered in mud and poop and nearly froze to death by the time I got to him). I popped him with a well placed 380 round and it was over (at the time my neighbor closest me had died so their house was empty). But another reason I would love to have a silencer to more humanly kill critters without setting neighbors on edge. I own land next to the local shooting range and have took the cages with animals inside there to shoot (draws less suspicion)... but it is a pain to walk that last 1/8th mile in overgrowth now at my age.

I am in a different but similar place, @Sighlass . Guns are part of my everyday too.. as was trapping - Nowadays it's my boy taking care of the chickens. But I would hate to put a tick for every coon, skunk, mink, or possum I have taken just defending that coop. It would be pages and pages - and not include the coons, beavers, martens and such I have trapped proper (all the way up to coyotes).

As a side note our gophers are a pittance in size compared to your groundhogs - But far larger in population. So many that they ain't worth trying to trap. They are hunted... And any horseman can tell you the grievous pestilence they are to horses. And that's another real place a suppressor would be grand... Them gophers are tuned to the sound of a .22LR going off and will duck for China, and not come back out for half an hour. Even at that, a feller can easy take 25 to 50 at a sit, and with a suppressor, that would be hundreds... We might could wipe em out.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2022, 08:46:30 pm by roamer_1 »

Online roamer_1

« Reply #274 on: September 18, 2022, 09:01:38 pm »
@roamer_1  no, Trump didn't shut if off ..... he left the shutdowns and opening back up to the governors of the States. 

The states ain't the half of it. Go back and look at interstates, interstate port of call, ports and borders. Only things that were considered important were allowed. Even at that, allowing liberal factories to be shut off, along with shutting off China was a horrible destruction.

To start, he knocked the chocks out and fired her up - That first instinct was the right thing to do - And I was all for it.

I am not settling, but I sure as heck am not denying that we were better off under Trump than currently under Joe.

So what? Go back to what came before? That IS settling. And we will be right here again, guaranteed.

I don't know about you but Joe's debacle in Afghanistan wasn't pretty.  He has taken us from being energy independent to nearly depleting our energy reserves, he has is eyes on EV only and yes, the 87,000 weaponized IRS agents he hired to likely confiscate weapons scares me.  Most of us don't have the set up you do to hide weapons and ammo all over the wilderness near by ... not that easy in the city. 

Then get out of the city - You can't have both city and liberty - They are at odds to each other.

The bare fact remains that any government that is eating up 3/4ths or more of the nation's GNP is destruction... Is poverty. You just don't know it yet. Shoot, even GOD only takes a 10% rake.

Like I said, y'all have to wake up and get pissed off - They are robbing us blind, BOTH SIDES. And Tumpy just the same. To see what he brought as sufficient or even hardly good - EVEN on the good sh*t that we'd agree upon - To see that as the right direction is certainly settling and borders on insane... 20 trillion dollars. Even a tenth of that is WAY too much.