Author Topic: ‘Deferred Enforced Departure’ for Liberians Continues Without Justification  (Read 161 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
‘Deferred Enforced Departure’ for Liberians Continues Without Justification

By Elizabeth Jacobs on September 6, 2022

Earlier this summer, President Biden issued a memorandum that extended and expanded Deferred Enforced Departure (DED) for Liberians until June 30, 2024. The president provided just cursory justification for continuing to exempt most Liberians from immigration enforcement.

(This is in the news again because USCIS today published a Federal Register notice about work and travel authorization for Liberians with DED.)

According to USCIS, DED defers “the removal of any Liberian national, or individual without nationality who last habitually resided in Liberia, who is present in the United States and who was covered under DED as of June 30, 2022.” It also defers the removal of “any Liberian national, or individual without nationality who last habitually resided in Liberia, who has been continuously physically present in the United States since May 20, 2017.” DED extends the ability to stay and work to illegal aliens and to people with noinimmigrant (temporary) visas.

https://cis.org/Jacobs/Deferred-Enforced-Departure-Liberians-Continues-Without-Justification
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson