Author Topic: “I am telling you people that the situation in Europe is much worse than many understand”  (Read 2526 times)

Online mountaineer

More Bad News For Europe: Forecasters Predict Colder Winter, Less Renewable Power
by Tyler Durden
Wednesday, Oct 05, 2022 - 05:45 AM

Just days after we learned that Europe's cell phone tower energy reserves will last 30 minutes during the upcoming mass blackouts, putting the entire European cellular system in jeopardy, the continent which will soon replace Russia with the US as its vassal master and energy sponsor, got even more bad news: according to Florence Rabier, director-general of the European Centre for Medium-Range Weather Forecasts (ECMWF), i.e., the European weather forecasting agency,  early indications for November and December were for a period of high pressure over western Europe, which was likely to bring with it colder spells and less wind and rainfall, reducing the generation of renewable power.

This, as the FT translates, means that Europe could suffer a colder winter with less wind and rain than usual, adding to the challenges for governments trying to solve the continent’s energy crisis. ...
Full story and graphs at Zero Hedge
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online mountaineer

Polish Households Burn Trash To Stay Warm As Sanctions On Russia Backfire
by Tyler Durden
Friday, Oct 07, 2022 - 04:15 AM

Poland temporarily suspended air quality controls so people can burn coal for heating homes through next April to ease the worst energy crisis in a generation. While Polish households have increased demand for coal and wood to offset the soaring energy costs of natural gas and electricity, some people are burning trash to stay warm.

Bloomberg spoke with one Polish resident by the name of Paulina Mroczkowska, who said she's already noticed people burning trash to heat their homes as a shortage of the NatGas worsens and the cost of living spirals out of control. ...

"It's so bad this season that you can smell trash burning every day, which is completely new.

"Rarely can you smell a regular fuel. It's scary to think what happens when it really gets cold," Mroczkowska said, a resident of Warsaw, the capital city.
More at Zero Hedge

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Wait until they start burning dung for heat.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online mountaineer

It's hard to fuel one's automobile in France: Police in France are now checking your fuel tank before they allow you access to petrol stations… if you have too much in your tank, you are turned away.

https://twitter.com/WallStreetSilv/status/1579285480570384384

Offline Kamaji

It's hard to fuel one's automobile in France: Police in France are now checking your fuel tank before they allow you access to petrol stations… if you have too much in your tank, you are turned away.

Wow.

Online roamer_1

Survivor Lilly - A bushcraft oriented chick over in Austria that I listen to upon occasion.

She concurs. 11min

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEIm47oY3Bw

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion

A clever Frenchman might siphon off gas from his tank into a storage container before going to the petrol station so that they could build up a supply.

Online mountaineer

A clever Frenchman might siphon off gas from his tank into a storage container before going to the petrol station so that they could build up a supply.
They're probably forbidding citizens from purchasing gas cans.

Online LMAO

A warning for us

Europe relied on a dictator who is hostile to them for their energy needs and they are paying the price for it, along with destructive green energy policies

Our own  Dementia in Chief is begging hostile dictators to provide us with our energy needs. What could go wrong?
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Survivor Lilly - A bushcraft oriented chick over in Austria that I listen to upon occasion.

She concurs. 11min

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEIm47oY3Bw
Same overall effect: the Middle Class is getting raped by all this.
Communists hate the Middle Class.
Not only is it the chance for those who start out poor to transition to something better, but it stands in the way of turning the poor against the wealthy.
The current iteration seeks to replace it with a swarm of government functionaries whose main missions are to protect the 'elites' and to keep the poor poor with regulations and currency manipulation, and if necessary, armed force/terror.

How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Depending on the winter and the supply, if it goes really bad we could see formally stalwart West European governments destabilized if not toppled, anarchy, revolution, or worse...
The Republic is lost.

Online roamer_1

Same overall effect: the Middle Class is getting raped by all this.
Communists hate the Middle Class.
Not only is it the chance for those who start out poor to transition to something better, but it stands in the way of turning the poor against the wealthy.
The current iteration seeks to replace it with a swarm of government functionaries whose main missions are to protect the 'elites' and to keep the poor poor with regulations and currency manipulation, and if necessary, armed force/terror.

That's right - The thing that is scary is that this assault stretches beyond nations, beyond continents. It is not only here. This is an all out assault across all the West, and beyond, simultaneously.

And it is foisted upon us all by our leaders.
There is nothing more timely, more important.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
We need more women like her in US politics,and fewer of the Dingbat
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline bilo

A warning for us

Europe relied on a dictator who is hostile to them for their energy needs and they are paying the price for it, along with destructive green energy policies

Our own  Dementia in Chief is begging hostile dictators to provide us with our energy needs. What could go wrong?

Now that the Nord Stream pipelines have been cut off western Europe is not going to be able to sell out Ukraine for their energy needs. The remaining pipelines can easily become damaged which would further cut their supply. I know they have made tremendous strides in finding new sources for LNG and are scrambling to put in temporary facilities for offloading shipments, but even though they will come up short I don't feel a lot of empathy for them.

Western Europe blindly followed their 1st world green agenda fantasy and now they see it was stupid. Maybe they will push the World Bank to changing their lending to African nations so they can develop their resources to sell to them. Currently the World Bank is only making loans for "renewables" in Africa.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Online mountaineer

Greta says don't shut down the nuclear plants just yet. Whew! Finally, some expertise!

https://twitter.com/VinceCoglianese/status/1579898695134638082

Online mountaineer

Steve Milloy
@JunkScience
Eastern Europe headed for darkness this winter thanks to climate idiocy-caused energy crisis:
1. Kosovo utility donates coal to its workers for home heating.
2. Government says it prefers power cuts to spending huge amounts of money on coal imports.
Reuters: Kosovo's power utility donates coal to its workers for heating
11:19 AM · Oct 13, 2022