Author Topic: Conservatives fear losing their freedom of speech  (Read 240 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Conservatives fear losing their freedom of speech
« on: September 06, 2022, 03:54:54 pm »
WND 9/5/2022

Famous law professor: Conservatives fear losing their freedom of speech

Question 'I never heard from students' is now 'routine'

Constitutional law professor and commentator Jonathan Turley is lamenting the fact that students in his law-school classes actually are now asking whether they have freedom of speech.

In America.

Online, he wrote, "With the start of classes at George Washington Law School, I have already had visits to my office of conservative and libertarian students asking if I thought they could speak freely in other classes without being penalized by professors."

He continued, "Despite teaching for decades, it is a question that I never heard from students until the last few years. It is now routine. It is the widespread fear of conservative students who have faced faculties with overwhelmingly liberal viewpoints and growing intolerance on virtually every campus as undergraduate students."

He cited a study from North Carolina that also now confirms conservative students routinely "self-censor" because they do not feel able to share their views in classes.

More: https://www.wnd.com/2022/09/famous-law-professor-conservatives-fear-losing-freedom-speech/

Offline Kamaji

Re: Conservatives fear losing their freedom of speech
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2022, 09:19:01 pm »
We've been forced to self-censor for years and years now.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2022, 09:26:24 pm »
I need to keep a low public profile in the People's Democratic Republic of Taxachusetts.

Many of the radical liberals are unhinged mentally ill persons not capable of rational thought nor emotional restraint.  Parts of their brains are missing or undersized.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2022, 09:28:01 pm »
I need to keep a low public profile in the People's Democratic Republic of Taxachusetts.

Many of the radical liberals are unhinged mentally ill persons not capable of rational thought nor emotional restraint.  Parts of their brains are missing or undersized.

Same here in the SSR of NYC.