Author Topic: Illegal immigrant in multiple violent, 'sadistic' Texas home invasions gets 29-year US prison senten  (Read 210 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
US Published September 5, 2022 7:51am EDT
Illegal immigrant in multiple violent, 'sadistic' Texas home invasions gets 29-year US prison sentence

Honduras national Denis Matute was illegally residing in the Houston area
By Danielle Wallace | Fox News

Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) said that a Honduran national responsible for multiple violent — and sometimes "sadistic" — home invasions in Texas was sentenced to 29 years in a U.S. prison.

Denis Matute, a non-U.S. citizen who was illegally residing in the Houston area, was sentenced on Aug. 16 by U.S. Circuit Judge Gregg Costa to a 108-month term of imprisonment for two counts of interference with commerce by robbery, as well as an additional 120 months for each of two counts of brandishing a firearm during a crime of violence.

Matute will not face removal proceedings until after his lengthy total 348-month total prison term, meaning more than two decades might go by before he is deported. The 27-year-old had already pleaded guilty on Nov. 2, 2021.

"At the hearing, the court heard evidence of the underlying offenses as well as the details surrounding three additional murders and two home invasions Matute had committed," the Justice Department said in a press release.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/illegal-immigrant-multiple-violent-sadistic-texas-home-invasions-gets-us-prison-sentence
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Hoodat

Did they prosecute him for being in the country illegally?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-