Author Topic: Let’s talk about Mayor Muriel Bowser’s looming gas pains  (Read 142 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Let’s talk about Mayor Muriel Bowser’s looming gas pains
« on: September 04, 2022, 01:47:28 pm »
 Let’s talk about Mayor Muriel Bowser’s looming gas pains

By Craig Rucker |September 4th, 2022|Energy|3 Comments

Like other leftist politicians and activists, Washington D.C. Mayor Muriel Bowser rarely ponders even easily foreseeable consequences of her actions and demands solutions implemented and paid for by someone else.

The District of Columbia is about to inflict an enormous new set of roosting chicken realities on its residents — and even more so on its neighbors: Maryland, Virginia, and West Virginia.

Led by Councilwoman Mary Cheh, D.C.’s City Council recently passed two laws banning fossil fuels for heating, cooking, and city-owned vehicles. Together, they put this crime-ridden city at the forefront of stopping manmade climate change, “the single most important environmental issue of our time,” Cheh said. Bowser enthusiastically endorsed the efforts.

The “Clean Energy D.C. Building Code Amendment Act” prohibits fossil fuels for household and water heating in new commercial buildings (including residential buildings four stories and higher), starting in 2027. Among other requirements, it mandates that restaurants and families use electric cooking systems instead of natural gas, though buildings deemed “essential to protecting public health and safety” may use gas for backup electricity generation.

https://www.cfact.org/2022/09/04/lets-talk-about-mayor-muriel-bowsers-looming-gas-pains/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=lets-talk-about-mayor-muriel-bowsers-looming-gas-pains
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson