Author Topic: Fewer troops in CENTCOM? No problem, says 3-star air boss  (Read 149 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Fewer troops in CENTCOM? No problem, says 3-star air boss
« on: August 30, 2022, 12:16:15 pm »
Fewer troops in CENTCOM? No problem, says 3-star air boss
By Rachel S. Cohen
 Aug 29, 06:46 PM

The U.S. military’s budding “partnerships over posture” mantra in the Middle East, fueled by technological advances and policy proposals, could head off a need to regrow the American footprint in the region, the head of American air forces there told reporters Sunday.

“The real coin of the realm moving forward is probably not those ships and airplanes and soldiers’ boots on the ground,” Air Forces Central Command boss Lt. Gen. Alexus Grynkewich said in a call hosted by the State Department.

Grynkewich said that as the Pentagon gradually disengages from its longtime wars in U.S. Central Command, future success with a smaller military footprint boils down to: “How do we share information? How do we share intelligence? How do we gain a common understanding with each other?”

https://www.airforcetimes.com/news/your-air-force/2022/08/29/fewer-troops-in-centcom-no-problem-says-3-star-air-boss/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Fewer troops in CENTCOM? No problem, says 3-star air boss
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2022, 12:18:01 pm »
Any time you hear "no problem" from the military, it means there is a MASSIVE problem hidden in that no problem. :amen:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson