Author Topic: Biden to deliver prime-time address warning Americans’ rights are ‘under attack’  (Read 1453 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Biden to deliver prime-time address warning Americans’ rights are ‘under attack’
by Morgan Chalfant - 08/29/22 6:07 PM ET

President Biden will deliver a primetime speech from Philadelphia on Thursday about protecting democracy during which he will warn that Americans’ rights and freedoms are “under attack,” according to a White House official. 

Biden’s speech outside Independence National Historical Park on Thursday evening will revive his 2020 campaign theme of fighting for the “soul of the nation,” according to the White House advisory, and is a sign of his message to voters coming into focus just two months out from the midterm elections. 

“He will speak about how the core values of this nation – our standing in the world, our democracy – are at stake,” the White House official said. “He will talk about the progress we have made as a nation to protect our democracy, but how our rights and freedoms are still under attack. And he will make clear who is fighting for those rights, fighting for those freedoms, and fighting for our democracy.” 

Biden has begun to more forcefully criticize Republican candidates on the ballot in November, last week describing those who align themselves with former President Trump as threats to democracy and accusing them of embracing “semi-fascism.” 

“The MAGA Republicans don’t just threaten our personal rights and economic security. They’re a threat to our very democracy,” Biden said at a rally in Maryland last Thursday, referring to Trump’s “Make America Great Again” slogan. “They refuse to accept the will of the people. They embrace, embrace political violence. They don’t believe in democracy.” 

An NBC News poll released earlier this month found that a plurality of voters rank threats to democracy as the most important issue facing the country — a larger percentage than those who single out cost of living.

It’s unclear whether Biden plans to explicitly mention Trump during his Thursday address, but plans for the speech suggest he’ll at least allude to the former president and his false claims about the 2020 election.

Biden is increasing his domestic travel and is slated to travel to Pennsylvania — a key swing state — three times in the next week. He’ll visit Wilkes-Barre on Tuesday to discuss combatting gun violence and on Monday he’ll attend Labor Day festivities in Pittsburgh. 

Some of Biden’s trips are aimed at promoting his accomplishments, including a planned stop in Ohio later this month at the groundbreaking of a new Intel chip plant that will highlight the passage of a law championed by the Biden administration that will boost the domestic semiconductor industry. 

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/3620070-biden-to-deliver-primetime-address-warning-americans-rights-are-under-attack/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online rustynail

Biden to deliver prime-time address warning Americans’ rights are ‘under attack’

“Accuse the other side of that which you are guilty.”

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Exactly..
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Sounds like more coup language from the woke leftist side.
The Republic is lost.

Online mountaineer

This is Hitler railing against the evil Jooos.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline DefiantMassRINO

I'm not missing BattleBots Champions! “Sin City Slugfest” to watch a confused old man muddle his way through an address that's after his normal bedtime.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2022, 10:53:29 pm by DefiantMassRINO »
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline EdinVA

Ah yes, scorched earth government.   Works every time.
Wants to keep pushing till he gets an uprising so he can declare a national state of emergency to postpone elections...

Online LMAO

The Democrats tried this with Reagan after he got the nomination in 1980. They tried to paint him as an extremist who was out of touch with the mainstream of this country.

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Kamaji

Yup.

Offline Kamaji

This is Hitler railing against the evil Jooos.

Yes, it is. 

Online LMAO

This tactic isn't new

If you can't run on the issues and tell people why they should vote for you, then simply tell people why they shouldn't vote for the other side
« Last Edit: August 29, 2022, 11:31:35 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online libertybele

9999hair out0000 9999hair out0000 888mouth 888mouth 888mouth 888mouth

Let's Go Brandon!!!  FJB
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
This will be a barn-burner...screaming into the microphone damning all us Fascist...maybe the American people should watch him... :smokin:
Support the USO

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Reminder.....

Online libertybele

This will be a barn-burner...screaming into the microphone damning all us Fascist...maybe the American people should watch him... :smokin:

Watching him tends to make me vomit.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online mountaineer

WVU vs. Pitt on Thursday. I won't give this moron a second thought.

Offline Killer Clouds

Our rights ARE under attack by the Democrat Communist Party that Traitor Joe is the leader of.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

My wallet is under attack from Biden's giveaways.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
August 30, 2022 11:40am EDT
Biden going prime time to spotlight fight to protect democracy following jabs at ‘MAGA Republicans’
Biden to warn America’s freedoms remain ‘under attack’ in prime time address on Thursday

By Paul Steinhauser | Fox News

The White House says President Biden will head to Philadelphia on Thursday for prime-time address where he will argue that America’s democracy remains "under attack" and highlight "who is fighting" to protect the nation’s freedoms.

The speech, in the crucial general election battleground state of Pennsylvania, comes less than 10 weeks ahead of the November’s midterm elections, when the Democrats hope to hold onto their razor-thin majorities in the House of Representatives and the Senate. The address also comes as Biden has raised his rhetoric in recent days, targeting what he argues are anti-Democratic "MAGA Republicans" who have embraced "semi-facism."

The president will speak at Philadelphia’s Independence National Historical Park, where the Declaration of Independence and the nation’s Constitution were debated and signed.

"He will speak about how the core values of this nation — our standing in the world, our democracy — are at stake," a White House official confirmed to Fox News. "He will talk about the progress we have made as a nation to protect our democracy, but how our rights and freedoms are still under attack."

more
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden-going-prime-time-spotlight-fight-protect-democracy-following-jabs-maga-republicans
Support the USO

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Nothing like a commie Thursday night gas lighting to perpeuate Biden's legacy of idiocracy.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline heelboy22

Reminder.....

Should've scheduled this at the same time as Biden's PC.

Offline cato potatoe

Great, another canned speech written by a 22 year old intern with good smellin’ hair.  Joe undoubtedly will raise his voice at inappropriate times, and read aloud things like “YOU blink” and “YOU exit the stage.”

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

Yes, the peepuls need to see him raving.  It's not helping the Rats at all, so an old political bromide is back with a vengeance: Fear is a poor motivator. The Rats have been getting away with breaking that for years, and it's catching up on them.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
This will simply make people even more likely to not vote Dem. Those imaginary voters that gave Biden his electoral count won't be so easy to manufacture across congressional districts, negating that advantage.
The Republic is lost.

Online mountaineer

More patient people than I will have to watch it and tweet or post the gory details. Football will be a good distraction from the insanity.