Author Topic: Border Patrol 'search and rescue' agents train to save lives  (Read 206 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Border Patrol 'search and rescue' agents train to save lives
« on: August 27, 2022, 05:25:44 pm »
Border Patrol 'search and rescue' agents train to save lives
Lauren Villagran
El Paso Times

FORT BLISS ARMY POST — A dozen U.S. Border Patrol agents trained in search and rescue ran into rolling hills of red sand carrying medical gear and blank-firing rifles.

The story went that a rancher had reported two migrants were stranded; one was shot and struggling to breathe. Blue, a black Labrador K-9, led the team through mesquite and creosote brush, tracking scent and sign to find the men.

The scenario was a controlled simulation of a deadly serious rescue: the final exam for an elite class of Border Patrol Search, Trauma and Rescue, better known as BORSTAR.

“With BORSTAR we’re trained differently compared with a medic in an urban environment,” said Philip Vanous, Border Patrol Special Operations supervisor during the August training event. “We train our folks in security and long-term field care, how we are going to treat a patient when we don’t have a hospital six to 10 minutes away.”

https://www.elpasotimes.com/story/news/2022/08/27/border-patrol-borstar-agents-train-dangerous-terrain/65459992007/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Border Patrol 'search and rescue' agents train to save lives
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2022, 08:43:26 pm »
Why should we be "saving the lives" of invaders?

(this is posed as a serious question)