Author Topic: JUST IN: Army Sees Role for Next-Gen Aircraft in Indo-Pacific  (Read 144 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
JUST IN: Army Sees Role for Next-Gen Aircraft in Indo-Pacific
« on: August 27, 2022, 03:59:30 pm »
JUST IN: Army Sees Role for Next-Gen Aircraft in Indo-Pacific
8/24/2022
By Mikayla Easley   

Bell Textron, Boeing-Sikorsky photos

The Army is certain its family of new rotorcraft — which includes a scout helicopter and a replacement for the aging Black Hawk — will have a place in future in the Indo-Pacific operations, a service leader said Aug. 24.

The aircraft will bring advanced capabilities to Army aviation that far exceed current systems, bolstering the service’s presence and what it can accomplish in the expansive waters of the region, said Maj. Gen. Walter Rugen, director of the future vertical lift cross-functional team spearheading the efforts.

“These advanced rotorcraft configurations can get there — it truly is an expedition capability — whereas the current fleet can not,” Rugen said during a discussion hosted by the Center for Strategic and International Studies.

https://www.nationaldefensemagazine.org/articles/2022/8/24/army-sees-role-for-next-gen-aircraft-in-indo-pacific
« Last Edit: August 27, 2022, 04:00:43 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson