Author Topic: The media myth of Democratic momentum  (Read 575 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The media myth of Democratic momentum
« on: August 27, 2022, 10:02:19 am »
The media myth of Democratic momentum
Opinion by Joe Concha, Opinion Contributor - Wednesday

The euphoric headlines are everywhere this month:

l
“Democrats Enter the Fall Armed With Something New: Hope” (New York Times)

“Democrats Are Starting to See a Path to Victory in November” (Vanity Fair)

“Jubilant Senate Democrats head home with momentum” (Washington Post)

Many in the media really, really want you to believe that the Democratic agenda led by President Biden is capturing the hearts and minds of voters. That what was supposed to be a red wave is now becoming a ripple, with the Blue Team instead poised to make gains in November.

It’s all wishful thinking, if recent polls — particularly one from NBC News on Sunday — are any indication. Because any objective person who understands political history knows it’s hard to envision how a president who is polling lower than any first-termer in polling history (from Truman to Trump) can possibly galvanize voters to pull the lever for his party.

According to NBC News, Joe Biden is polling at 42 percent approval and 57 disapproval, which is unchanged from May. Reuters has the president at 38 percent approval and 57 percent disapproval. His RealClearPolitics average is hovering around 40 percent approval.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/the-media-myth-of-democratic-momentum/ar-AA112Jf5?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=0957777f55e4db1f8cce3fb22b8b558d
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: The media myth of Democratic momentum
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2022, 03:02:57 pm »
Aeronautic Engineers have long proposed that a Bumblebee can't possibly fly because the body-to-wing ratio is impossible.  Nobody told the bees, however, so they continue to fly.

I feel that way about all the Rat boasting of a coming blue wave.  I don't believe them, a lot of Republicans don't either.  So, Pelosi and company take note.  We're going to go ahead and fly anyway. 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2022, 03:06:10 pm »
Aeronautic Engineers have long proposed that a Bumblebee can't possibly fly because the body-to-wing ratio is impossible.  Nobody told the bees, however, so they continue to fly.

I feel that way about all the Rat boasting of a coming blue wave.  I don't believe them, a lot of Republicans don't either.  So, Pelosi and company take note.  We're going to go ahead and fly anyway.

You saw first hand the dim fraud in AZ.  These mf'ers have perfected their tactics, and I am sure it has even emboldened them more.

Like I just said on another thread, I am much less optimisitc.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2022, 03:56:02 pm »
You saw first hand the dim fraud in AZ.  These mf'ers have perfected their tactics, and I am sure it has even emboldened them more.

We have improved our own tactics as well, and it's truly grassroots.  In the Primary we had Republican Observers in almost every polling place in Arizona, even in the benighted Maricopa and Pima Counties.  We didn't get the laws we needed passed because of duplicitous Rinos, including the Governor, so the people picked up the gauntlet. 

Other things as well, like cell phone apps that assist in phone calls (from live people) and door-to-door knocking, are improving the tech side of face-to-face politicking. 

I think this will be better than 2020. 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2022, 04:25:14 pm »
We have improved our own tactics as well, and it's truly grassroots.  In the Primary we had Republican Observers in almost every polling place in Arizona, even in the benighted Maricopa and Pima Counties.  We didn't get the laws we needed passed because of duplicitous Rinos, including the Governor, so the people picked up the gauntlet. 

Other things as well, like cell phone apps that assist in phone calls (from live people) and door-to-door knocking, are improving the tech side of face-to-face politicking. 

I think this will be better than 2020.

We did that here during 'W's second term -- the GOP sent people from DC to help -- they were in the area and just a phone call away.  They also had people counting voters coming in, so that over voting could be detected.

Why hasn't the GOP continued to implement this or perfect it, especially in the most vulnerable precincts?
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2022, 04:46:39 pm »
We did that here during 'W's second term -- the GOP sent people from DC to help -- they were in the area and just a phone call away.  They also had people counting voters coming in, so that over voting could be detected.

Why hasn't the GOP continued to implement this or perfect it, especially in the most vulnerable precincts?

It's better to do that on the local level, we don't want to see DeeCee people who have worked against us.  The tech is much improved, and it's paid for by the politicians' campaigns.

I think in AZ we are going to pick up enough seats to prevent more RINOs killing bills, and have a Governor who is promising to be tough as nails, as she has been through this whole campaign.

I should outfit our Observers with those little tally clickers....
I will NOT comply.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2022, 04:54:00 pm »
It's better to do that on the local level, we don't want to see DeeCee people who have worked against us.  The tech is much improved, and it's paid for by the politicians' campaigns.

I think in AZ we are going to pick up enough seats to prevent more RINOs killing bills, and have a Governor who is promising to be tough as nails, as she has been through this whole campaign.

I should outfit our Observers with those little tally clickers....

Yes, they are indeed helpful. What is the RNC doing, do you know?? Are they helping at the state level at all??
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2022, 04:58:43 pm »
Yes, they are indeed helpful. What is the RNC doing, do you know?? Are they helping at the state level at all??

I'm sure the funding arms of the RNC (RNCC and RNSC) are funding some campaigns, but for the State House and Senate we're on our own, and we like it that way.

Our County is the largest donor County in AZ, even larger than the urban Maricopa and Pima Counties.  At my level, I've been tasked with getting large donations to those Legislative Nominees.  I have $16K to spend on getting pickups from the Rats.  Our new District Maps are much better for the GOP this decade.
I will NOT comply.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2022, 05:07:02 pm »
I'm sure the funding arms of the RNC (RNCC and RNSC) are funding some campaigns, but for the State House and Senate we're on our own, and we like it that way.

Our County is the largest donor County in AZ, even larger than the urban Maricopa and Pima Counties.  At my level, I've been tasked with getting large donations to those Legislative Nominees.  I have $16K to spend on getting pickups from the Rats.  Our new District Maps are much better for the GOP this decade.

Gottcha the RNSC is pretty much worthless because of Mitch & Co.  The best of luck to you @Cyber Liberty; you will be successful :beer:

I am praying that the GOP takes the Senate; I have some doubts, but I am still hopeful.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2022, 05:11:14 pm »
Gottcha the RNSC is pretty much worthless because of Mitch & Co.  The best of luck to you @Cyber Liberty; you will be successful :beer:

I am praying that the GOP takes the Senate; I have some doubts, but I am still hopeful.

We have a great Nominee in Blake Masters.  The press is desperately trying to bring him down but I don't think they're getting traction.
I will NOT comply.

Offline bilo

« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2022, 05:19:21 pm »

I can't help but wonder how many "conservative" women are swinging left because of their desire to kill babies. It seems the "codify Roe" garbage has increased Rat support.

Even if the Pubs don't take back the Senate and RINO's like Murkowski win I'll still be estatic about the Dobbs decision and millions of lives that will be saved.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2022, 10:55:28 pm »
"The media myth of Democratic momentum"

Considering that The Party has control of a widespread "underground election apparatus" that can be brought into operation wherever needed...

..."momentum" no longer matters as much as does the ability to "control" the election via "the apparatus"...

As Comrade Catfish said in reply to Comrade Cyber:
"You saw first hand the dim fraud in AZ.  These mf'ers have perfected their tactics, and I am sure it has even emboldened them more.
Like I just said on another thread, I am much less optimisitc."

Refer to paragraphs above re "the apparatus"...