Author Topic: Coast Guard rescues 19 migrants from drifting boat off the coast of Los Angeles  (Read 204 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

U.S.
Coast Guard rescues 19 migrants from drifting boat off the coast of Los Angeles
BY GINA MARTINEZ

AUGUST 21, 2022 / 6:04 PM / CBS NEWS

The U.S Coast Guard said Saturday that a rescue crew saved 19 migrants from a boat that was seen drifting off the coast of Los Angeles.

On Saturday morning, a good Samaritan contacted the Los Angeles-Long Beach Coast Guard after spotting a disabled panga-style vessel off the coast of Redondo Beach, the Coast Guard said in a news release.

A Coast Guard helicopter rescue crew then located the disabled boat about 18 miles west of Redondo Beach, the Coast Guard said.

"With the help of Baywatch Redondo, the rescue boat from Coast Guard Station Los Angeles safely transferred 19 people from the disabled vessel to safety," the Coast Guard said.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/redondo-beach-migrant-coast-guard-rescue/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
They should have let them keep "drifting" -- perhaps all the way up to Canada, or out to sea...