Author Topic: Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene says she was ‘swatted’ last night  (Read 752 times)

Offline Kamaji

Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene says she was ‘swatted’ last night

By Callie Patteson and Ben Kesslen
August 24, 2022

Far-right Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene was “swatted” early Wednesday in a prank that police say was due to her views on transgender rights.

“Last night, I was swatted just after 1 am,” the Georgia Republican wrote on Twitter.

“I can’t express enough gratitude to my local law enforcement here in Rome, Floyd County. More details to come,” she added.

Debbie Burnett, the assistant chief of police in Rome, Ga., said the department was contacted early Wednesday with a report of “a subject being shot multiple times” at a local address.

“When officers responded they discovered this was the home of Marjorie Taylor Greene,” Burnett said. “She assured the officers there was no issue and the call was determined to be a false call commonly known as ‘swatting.'”

Source:  https://nypost.com/2022/08/24/rep-marjorie-taylor-greene-says-her-home-was-swatted/

Offline Kamaji

Re: Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene says she was ‘swatted’ last night
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2022, 04:20:23 pm »
More violence from the left.

Online rustynail

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2022, 04:34:00 pm »
"Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene was “swatted” early Wednesday in a prank".....swatting is not a 'prank' it can have deadly consequences.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2022, 04:16:28 am »
".@RepMTG tells @JackPosobiec about getting swatted last night: “This is basically political terrorism.”"  (Video)

https://mobile.twitter.com/TPostMillennial/status/1562482083045511168

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2022, 04:30:51 am »
"SWATing" isn't a prank, it is attempted murder by cop.

Not only is the person the call is made about placed at risk of their lives, the police are placed at risk of making a bad shoot.

This is no dumpster fire false alarm, it's an attempt on the targeted individual(s)' Life (lives).
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2022, 04:48:31 am »
§ 16-10-28 - Transmitting a false public alarm; restitution
O.C.G.A. 16-10-28 (2010)

16-10-28. Transmitting a false public alarm; restitution

.  .  .  .

(b) A person who transmits in any manner a false alarm to the effect that a destructive device or hazardous substance of any nature is concealed in such place that its explosion, detonation, or release would endanger human life or cause injury or damage to property, knowing at the time that there is no reasonable ground for believing that such a destructive device or hazardous substance is concealed in such place, commits the offense of transmitting a false public alarm and, upon conviction thereof, shall be punished by imprisonment for not less than one nor more than five years or by a fine of not less than $1,000.00, or both.

https://law.justia.com/codes/georgia/2010/title-16/chapter-10/article-2/16-10-28/
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2022, 01:38:45 pm »
Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene
@RepMTG

Swatted again last night.

9:11 AM · Aug 25, 2022·Twitter for iPhone

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2022, 02:22:56 pm »
Far-right Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene was “swatted” early Wednesday in a prank that police say was due to her views on transgender rights.

Three things:
1. Why does it seem it takes two or more 'journalists' to write a simple story?

2. MTG is far right? No she is just right!

3. As others pointed out swatting is not a prank, it is deadly serious and just how do the police know the swatting took place because of MTG's views on transgender rights, do they have a suspect or did the 'police' just make a WAG?

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2022, 04:49:41 pm »
.  .  .  in a prank that police say was due to her views on transgender rights.

No. It was due to a criminal's view of Marjorie Taylor Greene.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online mountaineer

« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2022, 05:58:46 pm »
After being "swatted" twice, I trust MTG and her local police have an understanding that she's not now nor will she be a lawbreaker,  and maybe they should try to trace the false reports.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2022, 06:05:03 pm »
The police are resisting the release of the phone call tapes .....  :pondering:

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2022, 06:26:53 pm »
There was a swatting event that occurred in Newnan, GA back in March.  No arrest was ever made.  I hope this is not the norm for Georgia.  The MTG case seems that it would be easy to solve considering that the perpetrator made direct contact with the police.

Offline Killer Clouds

« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2022, 07:10:00 pm »
After being "swatted" twice, I trust MTG and her local police have an understanding that she's not now nor will she be a lawbreaker,  and maybe they should try to trace the false reports.
I hope this doesn't become a boy who cried wolf thing. After being swatted a few times the Blueline Mafia will stop doing their job. At that point something might happen. MTG and her family needs to be vigilant about security.

« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2022, 07:32:02 pm »
Have I missed Merrick Garland's strongly worded statement that this will not be tolerated and the perp will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law?

Offline Killer Clouds

« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2022, 10:32:07 pm »
Have I missed Merrick Garland's strongly worded statement that this will not be tolerated and the perp will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law?
Oh I'm sure it's coming. :mauslaff: