Author Topic: Americans already reacting to Biden's reported student loan handout plan: 'Highly suspicious'  (Read 5174 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Charlie Spiering
@charliespiering
·
45s
Joe Biden recalling the moment his father told him he could not get a loan to send him to the college of his choice.

He repeats this story a lot when talking about education
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Graham Allen
@GrahamAllen_1
·
1m
What in the world is Biden talking about?!
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Joey Jones
@Johnny_Joey
·
1m
Bring back the prompter. I prefer his lies scripted and rehearsed, so at least they are coherent. This is like when my mom sang gospel music at the old folks home and I had to sit and hear ramblings and mostly forgotten life stories.
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Offline DefiantMassRINO

////00000////

Can I get re-imbursed for all the college and vocational vertification class tuition I paid?

Why should I miss out on free money just because I was overly respoonsible about paying for school as I went, so I'd avoid college debt?

Why should I be cheated because I behaved like a responsible adult?

I missed out on fraternity panty raids, beer pong, hackey sack, and other college activities because I was dumb enough to work my way through school.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2022, 06:58:01 pm by DefiantMassRINO »
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Online Hoodat

Charlie Spiering
@charliespiering
·
45s
Joe Biden recalling the moment his father told him he could not get a loan to send him to the college of his choice.

He repeats this story a lot when talking about education

Yet somehow, he managed to attend private prep school for 12 years, the U. of Delaware, and Syracuse Law School (finishing in the bottom 10% of his class), all without taking out a student loan.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online Hoodat

Why should I miss out on free money just because I was overly respoonsible about paying for school as I went, so I'd avoid college debt?

Why should I be cheated because I behaved like a responsible adult?

I missed out on fraternity panty raids, beer pong, hackey sack, and other college activities because I was dumb enough to work my way through school.

Same here.  Stupid us.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Rep. Jim Jordan
@Jim_Jordan
·
1m
Who will ultimately pay the price of Joe Biden’s student loan handout?

The 87% of Americans who don’t have student loans!
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Tom Cotton
@TomCottonAR
·
3h
Biden is encouraging students to take out as much debt as they want--they'll never have to pay it back.

What a terrible message to send to young Americans.
Support the USO

Offline Kamaji

So the end result was that the people who bought the CDs paid for the loan.

No.  The end result is that they invested in an institution with risk and that risk eventuated.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2022, 07:03:13 pm by Kamaji »

Online Hoodat

No.  The end result is that they invested in an institution with risk and that risk eventuated.

So they were the ones who ended up paying for the $10K loan.

Online Hoodat

The thing that made this possible was Obama's nationalizing of the Student Loan industry in 2009.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Rep. Jim Jordan
@Jim_Jordan
·
1m
Who will ultimately pay the price of Joe Biden’s student loan handout?

The 87% of Americans who don’t have student loans!

:yowsa: Absolutely correct!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Hoodat

:yowsa: Absolutely correct!

Not just existing student debt, but future debt as well.

Offline Kamaji

So they were the ones who ended up paying for the $10K loan.

No, they weren't.  They lost an investment because a known risk that they were willing to take eventuated.

What they paid for was an unsecured creditor's claim against the bank.  They did not pay for, nor did they acquire an interest in, the loan.

Online Hoodat

No, they weren't.  They lost an investment because a known risk that they were willing to take eventuated.

What they paid for was an unsecured creditor's claim against the bank.  They did not pay for, nor did they acquire an interest in, the loan.

So if (according to you) the people who lost $10K did not pay for the $10K debt, who did?

Offline Kamaji

So if (according to you) the people who lost $10K did not pay for the $10K debt, who did?

I see we're going to play stupid little word games.

What did the CD investors agree to pay for when they handed their money to the bank?  Did they pay for a loan, or did they pay for a certificate of deposit - an unsecured depositor's claim against the bank?

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Amber Athey
@amber_athey
·
2h
I made $37k a year out of college living in northern VA and paid off my $10k in student loans in 6 months. The fact that my tax dollars are going to a family making $250k a year is bleep insanity.
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Charlie Spiering
@charliespiering
·
4m
BIDEN: "I understand not everything I announcing today is not going to make everybody happy."
Support the USO

Offline DefiantMassRINO

////00000////

So, does this make the Federally guaranteed college loan debt instruments worthless?

... or does the Federal government have to make good to bond holders?

Either way, I'm paying so little Johnny got to attend a real college kegger, complete with elevator surfing.

I'm glad there's no impact on inflation.  I wish I could say the same about student loan credit markets.

I really need to stop thinking and acting as a responsible adult.  I'm really missing out on free money and hella good times.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2022, 07:13:10 pm by DefiantMassRINO »

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Charlie Spiering
@charliespiering
·
2m
Biden finally comments publicly on FBI raid on Mar-a-Lago:

"I didn't have any advanced notice. None. Zero. Not one single bit."
Support the USO

Offline DefiantMassRINO

I'll use that line on the IRS when I fail to pay my taxes.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Charlie Spiering
@charliespiering
·
2m
Biden finally comments publicly on FBI raid on Mar-a-Lago:

"I didn't have any advanced notice. None. Zero. Not one single bit."

Congenital liars don't know they are lying.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien