Author Topic: Derek Hunter: Remember the Ukraine War?  (Read 235 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Derek Hunter: Remember the Ukraine War?
« on: August 23, 2022, 03:39:16 pm »
Remember the Ukraine War?
Derek Hunter

Posted: Aug 23, 2022 12:01 AM

This is a bit of an odd question, but do you remember the war between Russian and Ukraine? It’s a rhetorical question, of course, but it illustrates the point that what the power establishment in the western world saw as the most important story of the year has faded into near oblivion in just a few months without much having changed.

In the interest of full disclosure, and for context, I’ve never been all that interested in the war. Not because I don’t care, but because I don’t think we need to be pouring billions of dollars we don’t have into a war that really doesn’t impact our national security. I know it’s a popular bipartisan thing, or at least was, but I never bought into it.

Sure, if you want to punish Russia for its actions I am down for that, but all that seemed to happen was the United States and Europe ended up further damaging their energy supply, upsetting prices worldwide, and making supply chain issues much worse.

Sanctions failed, miserably. Remember how they were going to cripple the Russian economy? They crippled Germany’s prospects for being able to heat their resident’s homes this winter, not much else.

When not meeting with an endless string of western politicians and Hollywood celebrities, Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky keeps calling for more sanctions against Russia and more money for his government, with little accountability for either.

more
https://townhall.com/columnists/derekhunter/2022/08/23/remember-the-ukraine-war-n2612081
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline catfish1957

• If you are a democrat.... You are my enemy. We will never forget May 30, 2024. FJB
  • Political Researcher
Re: Derek Hunter: Remember the Ukraine War?
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2022, 04:23:24 pm »
Americans have an attention span of 5 minutes, and are oblivious of how many of our tax dollars are STILL going to a country's war that has trouble making it to page 3 of the news now.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.