Author Topic: Most illegal immigrants do not qualify for US asylum  (Read 207 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Most illegal immigrants do not qualify for US asylum
« on: August 19, 2022, 05:12:32 pm »

Most illegal immigrants do not qualify for US asylum
By Andrew Arthur
August 16, 2022 7:14pm  Updated

Officials admit the administration's objective isn't reducing illegal entries but instead providing "safe, orderly, and legal pathways for individuals to be able to access our legal system."

The arrival of busloads of migrants into New York City has raised questions about the administration’s border policies. Here are the facts about our increasingly dysfunctional immigration system:

Under US law, most migrants coming here without permission must be expelled. The only exceptions are migrants fleeing torture or racial, religious, ethnic, political or social-group persecution. “Economic refugee” is a contradiction, and “seeking a better life” means nothing if a migrant lacks permission to enter.

The only exceptions to migrants fleeing their country is torture, racial, religious, ethnic, political or social-group persecution.

Otherwise, millions would seek entry and local governments would go bankrupt, medical and public-school systems would be strained, and America’s poor would remain in poverty for generations.

To avoid such harms, Congress requires the Department of Homeland Security to prevent all illegal entries and has given it authority to quickly remove migrants who enter illegally or come without proper documents.

https://nypost.com/2022/08/16/most-illegal-immigrants-do-not-qualify-for-us-asylum/
« Last Edit: August 19, 2022, 05:13:21 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson