Author Topic: Too Little, Too Late?  (Read 188 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Too Little, Too Late?
« on: August 16, 2022, 05:28:56 pm »
Too Little, Too Late?
August 09, 2022

In the past month there have been three separate instances that have shown the increasing concern that Biden’s security officials and the president himself have had with the flood of illegal border crossings the U.S. has experienced during his term.

This realization started with a leaked report by the Department of Homeland Security’s Inspector General Joseph Cuffari where he dinged the agency for its failure to keep track of the hundreds of thousands of illegal aliens who have been released into the United States under the Biden administration. Cuffari found that between March and September of 2021 alone, that about 30 percent of those captured “did not comply with release terms,” or in plain English, failed to show up for hearings which will determine their fate as residents of the U.S. Moreover, DHS does not even have addresses for these folks, even if they were inclined to actually look for them.

Adding to the concern, FBI Director Christopher Wray warned the Senate Judiciary Committee that the U.S.-Mexico border’s staggering number of illegal crossings are a danger to national security. He testified, “I certainly know that it is an eclectic mix of nationalities and the volume is just staggering, to me it represents a significant security issue and represents a wide array of criminal threats that flow out of it.” Wray continued, “while on the one hand, we don’t have any imminent credible threat from a foreign terrorist organization on the border at the moment, any port of entry, any potential vulnerability is something we know foreign terrorist organizations and others will seek to exploit.”

https://www.fairus.org/blog/2022/08/09/too-little-too-late
« Last Edit: August 16, 2022, 05:30:14 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson