Author Topic: Cheney looks to cling on in Wyoming despite polls  (Read 1643 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Cheney looks to cling on in Wyoming despite polls
« on: August 14, 2022, 06:21:15 pm »
 Cheney looks to cling on in Wyoming despite polls
by Caroline Vakil - 08/14/22 6:00 AM ET

Rep. Liz Cheney (R-Wyo.) is heading into her Tuesday primary against a Trump-backed opponent seemingly undaunted, even as the odds are increasingly tipped in her rival’s favor.

The Wyoming congresswoman has emerged as the most prominent GOP critic of former President Trump, having voted to impeach him and taken part in the House committee investigating his role in the Jan. 6, 2021, attack on the Capitol.

Trump and his allies have made it a priority to oust Cheney over the past year, throwing their support behind attorney Harriet Hageman (R). And while recent polls have shown Hageman leading by a wide margin, Cheney has made it clear she’s not going down without a fight, even as some Republicans acknowledge her views and political approach have placed her in a difficult position.

“I do think it’s debatable whether she should have gone out and blown herself up this way, because it’s obviously going to cost her her seat and her platform, but she chose a different path. And I think everybody’s got to make their own decisions in life,” said Scott Jennings, a GOP strategist and ex-special assistant to former President George W. Bush who said he “reveres” the Cheneys.

Cheney was among 10 House Republicans who voted to impeach Trump following the Capitol riot, and since Jan. 6 she has emerged as the face of a small group of Republicans on Capitol Hill who continue to push back against their party. Just months after the Capitol attack took place, she said she regretted her decision to vote for the former president in 2020 and vowed to keep him from making another return to the White House.

“I will do everything I can to ensure that the former president never again gets anywhere near the Oval Office,” Cheney told reporters in May 2021, following a vote by House Republicans to remove her from her leadership post.

“We have seen the danger that he continues to provoke with his language. We have seen his lack of commitment and dedication to the Constitution. And I think it’s very important that we make sure whomever we elect is somebody that will be faithful to the Constitution,” she said.

But out of those 10 House Republicans who voted to impeach Trump, only two are seeking reelection after having advanced in their primaries, while seven others have opted not to run again or have lost their bids.

Some Republicans say that while they respect Cheney’s determination to adhere to her conscience, they question her approach.

“I’m a big believer in that people should stick to their guns and do what they feel is right for the country,” one strategist said. “So on the one hand, I really appreciate, you know, whether I agree or disagree with her approach on it, I appreciate and respect people that are willing to do that, because, frankly, they’re far and few between in Washington.”

“That being said, I also think there’s a way to do that without poking your finger in the eye of a president or a former president or the party as a whole,” the strategist added.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/3598615-cheney-looks-to-cling-on-in-wyoming-despite-polls/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Re: Cheney looks to cling on in Wyoming despite polls
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2022, 08:30:13 pm »
Well as long as she hangs on the more democrat money she pulls in, and I include what the turtle sends her in that.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2022, 08:51:48 pm »
“I will do everything I can to ensure that the former president never again gets anywhere near the Oval Office,” Cheney told reporters in May 2021

Wyoming voters are about to ensure that Liz Cheney never again sets foot on the House floor.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2022, 09:07:34 pm »
None are so blind as a spoiled princess with no real job skills or talent.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline verga

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2022, 09:21:51 pm »
I gotta wonder what is Daddy Dick is whispering to his little girl.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2022, 11:37:10 pm »
I gotta wonder what is Daddy Dick is whispering to his little girl.

@verga

"Don't lose sight of the fact that the ONLY thing that is important is winning because only the winners get to siphon money directly from the treasury,as well as foreign nations,corporations,and wealthy individual donors!

Say anything and do anything you have to do to win!"

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2022, 01:42:20 am »
cling on... Like a stubborn dingleberry.  :silly:

To no avail. Wyoming is getting out the pressure washer. See ya Liz!

Offline LMAO

« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2022, 01:54:21 am »
cling on... Like a stubborn dingleberry.  :silly:

To no avail. Wyoming is getting out the pressure washer. See ya Liz!

Yeah she’s not going make it. Getting an endorsement from Al Franken probably isn’t gonna fly with the folks in Wyoming

I hope her replacement doesn’t disappoint.

I suspect a job as a sub for any of the MSNBC pundits awaits her like Tulsi Gabbard with FOX
« Last Edit: August 15, 2022, 02:00:09 am by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2022, 01:59:25 am »
Yeah she’s not going make it

I hope her replacement doesn’t disappoint

Hageman's saying all the right stuff, so far as I have seen her... Which ain't that much. I have no dog in the hunt because it ain't my hunt. So all I can do is hope along with you... with a lean toward she sounds alright.  :beer:

Offline LMAO

« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2022, 02:02:17 am »
Hageman's saying all the right stuff, so far as I have seen her... Which ain't that much. I have no dog in the hunt because it ain't my hunt. So all I can do is hope along with you... with a lean toward she sounds alright.  :beer:

Well…. fingers crossed for now

My oldest lives and works in Wyoming and It sounds like everybody he works with will be voting for Hageman
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2022, 02:10:39 am »
Well…. fingers crossed for now

My oldest lives and works in Wyoming and It sounds like everybody he works with will be voting for Hageman

Same up in here. I know quite a few folks down there from my rodeo days. According to them, Liz is gonna hit the road with every prejudice possible... Not just anti-Tump... But anti-proper, anti-good graces... It just ain't the Cowboy way. It ain't that she's anti-Tumpy - It's how she's doing it.
'That ain't right' is more the tone... and while that doesn't sound like much to some... That's a big dang deal.

Hageman is spoken of with high favor. She will win it in a walk. A little worried it may be 'anything but Cheney' going on, but folks I know are saying that ain't it. She is well liked.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2022, 02:18:16 am »
If Hageman gets 68% of the GOP vote, then she will win even if every single Democrat voter in the State crosses over to vote for Cheney.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline LMAO

« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2022, 02:30:54 am »
Same up in here. I know quite a few folks down there from my rodeo days. According to them, Liz is gonna hit the road with every prejudice possible... Not just anti-Tump... But anti-proper, anti-good graces... It just ain't the Cowboy way. It ain't that she's anti-Tumpy - It's how she's doing it.
'That ain't right' is more the tone... and while that doesn't sound like much to some... That's a big dang deal.

Hageman is spoken of with high favor. She will win it in a walk. A little worried it may be 'anything but Cheney' going on, but folks I know are saying that ain't it. She is well liked.

I am going to have to make a point to watch the media’s  reaction the following morning when she loses her primary

Barry Goldwater

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2022, 02:32:29 am »
I am going to have to make a point to watch the media’s  reaction the following morning when she loses her primary

@LMAO

She is an alleged Republican,so they won't really care.

Besides,they hate her father almost as much as I do.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2022, 02:33:40 am »

They have to know it's coming... Like a freight train.

Offline LadyLiberty

« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2022, 02:36:15 am »
Yeah she’s not going make it. Getting an endorsement from Al Franken probably isn’t gonna fly with the folks in Wyoming

I hope her replacement doesn’t disappoint.

I suspect a job as a sub for any of the MSNBC pundits awaits her like Tulsi Gabbard with FOX

Nah. She will go on The View as their token Rep, assuming they will love her. Like McCain,  who assumed the same due to her "maverick " dad. She will learn the hard way when she is drawn and quartered

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2022, 02:38:29 am »
It's crazy btw, that we don't have anyone on the board from WY...

C'mon you WY lurkers... Sign up!

Offline LMAO

« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2022, 02:44:59 am »
Nah. She will go on The View as their token Rep, assuming they will love her. Like McCain,  who assumed the same due to her "maverick " dad. She will learn the hard way when she is drawn and quartered

And that’s what the media would do to her if she somehow falls under the delusion that she’s going to run for president in 2024

Barry Goldwater

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2022, 02:52:05 am »
And that’s what the media would do to her if she somehow falls under the delusion that she’s going to run for president in 2024

@LMAO

It could happen. The delusions are strong in that one.

Offline LadyLiberty

« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2022, 03:37:51 am »

Absolutely.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2022, 04:05:01 am »
It's crazy btw, that we don't have anyone on the board from WY...

That's because no one lives in Wyoming.  I keep telling the Missus that I want to move there, but she vetoes that idea every time.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2022, 04:10:05 am »
That's because no one lives in Wyoming.  I keep telling the Missus that I want to move there, but she vetoes that idea every time.

Boy, I could go for a place way back up in the Tetons...  Beautiful country back up in there. If I weren't here (NW MT/ ID Pan), I'd want to be there... or AK. Had I my yoot, I would probably rather be in AK than anywhere. I can walk off here. I can get to where there is no one but me, all around... But AK makes it pale by comparison.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2022, 08:52:53 am »
One wonders if the fix hasn’t already been bought and paid for. 

Offline rustynail

« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2022, 10:39:38 am »
A cling on?   Like when a piece of toilet paper sticks to a butt?