Author Topic: Liz Cheney Gets Wyoming Dems Switching to GOP for Primary, Data Suggests  (Read 391 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Liz Cheney Gets Wyoming Dems Switching to GOP for Primary, Data Suggests
By Khaleda Rahman On 8/8/22 at 4:23 AM EDT

A growing number of Democrats in Wyoming may be registering as Republicans in order to back Representative Liz Cheney in the state's upcoming primary, data suggests.

Cheney, the state's sole representative in the House, has been urging Democrats to switch parties to vote for her in the August 16 primary as she faces a tough re-election battle, with polling showing her trailing behind challenger Harriet Hageman, who has been endorsed by Donald Trump.

Wyoming Democrats—who are massively outnumbered in the state by Republicans— have received mail from Cheney's campaign with instructions on how to change their party affiliation. Her campaign website also links to a form that allows people to switch parties.

The tactic may be working, according to data from the Wyoming secretary of state's office.

Between January and August, the number of registered Democrats in Wyoming dropped by 6,069 while the number of registered Republicans in Wyoming increased by 11,495, according to the data. The number of unaffiliated voters dropped by 1,575 over that period.

Wyoming law allows for same-day voter registration and party changes, meaning some could even switch party affiliations to Republican on August 16, cast a ballot for Cheney and switch back before November.

"There aren't enough Democrats in Wyoming to save her, but this confirms that Liz Cheney has effectively switched parties," Tim Murtaugh, an advisor to Hageman, told Newsweek.

more
https://www.newsweek.com/liz-cheney-wyoming-dems-switching-gop-primary-data-1731628
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

Party registration should not be so easily changed.

Offline LMAO

This could help her. If she wins the primary, she wins the general election
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Looking at Wyoming registration stats as of August, there is no way for Lizard even if every dem voted for her unless a whole lot of republican were brain dead and I'm pretty sure this stunt lost her a good many of any republican who was still thinking about voting for her.

Offline libertybele

Looking at Wyoming registration stats as of August, there is no way for Lizard even if every dem voted for her unless a whole lot of republican were brain dead and I'm pretty sure this stunt lost her a good many of any republican who was still thinking about voting for her.

Thanks for this info.  Nothing would make a lot of people happier than to see Lizzy lose.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.