Author Topic: Mitch McConnell Got Absolutely Played By Joe Manchin  (Read 411 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Mitch McConnell Got Absolutely Played By Joe Manchin
« on: July 28, 2022, 02:11:14 pm »
Mitch McConnell Got Absolutely Played By Joe Manchin
By Bonchie | Jul 28, 2022 10:00 AM ET

As RedState reported on Wednesday, in a sudden reversal, Sen. Joe Manchin has reached a deal with Sen. Chuck Schumer on a massive reconciliation bill that provides hundreds of billions of dollars for “climate change” provisions. It also includes corporate tax increases.

The move comes as US consumers are battling crushing levels of inflation, with June’s number coming in at 9.1 percent. Manchin had previously signaled that he would not sign onto a massive spending bill until inflation was under control. Unfortunately, he broke his promise, and now the combination of more spending and taxes being passed onto consumers will likely lead to even higher prices.

How did we get here? To put it frankly, Sen. Mitch McConnell got absolutely played.

https://twitter.com/Mike_Palicz/status/1552400608333860864

more
https://redstate.com/bonchie/2022/07/28/mitch-mcconnell-got-absolutely-played-by-joe-manchin-n602943
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Mitch McConnell Got Absolutely Played By Joe Manchin
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2022, 02:19:38 pm »
Played??? Not hardly! More like colluded with!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2022, 02:33:45 pm »
I think Mitch knew exactly what the score was.

You can't just win elections, you have to have Congressional leadership that will do the job.
The Republic is lost.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2022, 02:41:47 pm »
Mitch is happy, he's wanted it all along, he just had to pretend to oppose it.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2022, 02:43:25 pm »
I doubt if McConnell got played; McConnell most likely knew full well that at some point Manchin would have to give in to his own party; at least he got the spending spree down from $3 trillion to $700 billion.

This being passed was more or less inevitable, given that the demo-fascists control Congress; the point now for the rest of us is to make sure the democrats own the consequences of it.

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2022, 02:49:33 pm »
Congress spending an addtional $700B under the disguise of a "Inflation Reduction Act"?

I think we have encountered the ultimate example of "IRONY"!!!!!

Nothing changes in this shit show, until Turtle's canned.

« Last Edit: July 28, 2022, 02:50:25 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2022, 02:58:48 pm »
 Did Manchin and Schumer Successfully Trick McConnell and Senate Republicans?
Guy Benson

It does look that way.  Go read this basic timeline from Allahpundit, starting with a legislative threat McConnell issued at the end of last month.  That ultimatum appeared to have worked, with Manchin announcing shortly thereafter that he was pulling the plug on negotiations over a zombie, fallback version of 'Build Back Better.'  He indicated was more interested in another bill passing (which Mitch was threatening to hold up), plus with acute inflation and economic uncertainty ahead, he suggested that his appetite for a climate/spending/tax hike package was gone.  Leftists freaked out, again, berating the Senator all over social media, where they do much of their complaining.  But maybe it was a head fake?  Follow the sequence of events of the big reversal:

USICA was the bill Congress was working on to help make American industry more competitive with China. The ultimatum led to USICA being scrapped — but the guts of it, to jumpstart domestic manufacturing of semiconductors, was rolled into a new bill called CHIPS. Meanwhile, McConnell’s threat seemed to have its desired effect on Manchin. On July 13, he declared the reconciliation bill to be a clear and present threat to the economy due to its inflation risk and walked away from BBB, infuriating liberals. All Manchin would agree to was a narrow deal to reduce prescription drug prices, with none of the climate-change measures that liberals wanted. McConnell had won! That left the Senate GOP free to support the CHIPS Act. Which 14 of its members did this morning, when the bill finally passed the Senate...And lo and behold, a scant four hours later, Joe Manchin has suddenly changed his mind and decided that he’s okay with a bigger reconciliation bill after all. It sure looks like Manchin and Schumer faked out the GOP to get around McConnell’s ultimatum so that they could pass CHIPS with Republican help, overcoming a potential filibuster, and then pass BBB after all.

more
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/guybenson/2022/07/28/did-manchin-and-schumer-pull-a-fast-one-on-mcconnell-and-senate-republicans-n2610925
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2022, 06:01:14 pm »
Uh, Manchin is not a Republican; he's a Democrat.  Manchin has no obligation to the Swamp Turtle.

Got Swamp Turtle soup?
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright