Author Topic: Biden must 'stop the fall in gasoline prices,’ set $5 gallon minimum to combat climate change: Bloom  (Read 259 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 July 20, 2022 11:09pm EDT
Biden must 'stop the fall in gasoline prices,’ set $5 gallon minimum to combat climate change: Bloomberg op-ed
The author argued 'fossil fuels must become more expensive'

By Joe Silverstein | Fox News

Bloomberg opinion published a piece Wednesday calling for President Biden to increase gas prices, intentionally and forever, in order to hasten a transition to alternate forms of energy. The op-ed, written by columnist Eduardo Porter, called for a "$5-a-gallon floor on gasoline prices."

Porter described the policy as "one bold move" that would put a "real dent" in "the emission of heat-trapping carbon dioxide that is causing such havoc with the weather," although he admitted it was unlikely the president would make it.

"As any economist will tell him, the most efficient way to reduce fossil fuel consumption is to raise its price relative to alternatives, encouraging people and businesses to switch to cleaner sources and use less energy altogether," Porter wrote.

Biden faced backlash in June for suggesting that high energy prices are a "chance" to make a "fundamental turn" to so-called clean energy.

"The beauty of this moment for the president is that he wouldn’t have to deploy any political capital for this to happen," Porter wrote.

"Russia’s invasion of Ukraine already did the trick — sending the average retail price of gasoline above $5 a gallon in early June. All Biden must do is keep it from falling back," he continued. "The climate would thank him."

more
https://www.foxnews.com/media/biden-must-stop-fall-gasoline-prices-set-5-gallon-minimum-combat-climate-change-bloomberg-op-ed
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LMAO

And the Biden administration is working on that

Republicans need to pound home the fact  that all of this is being done to the American people intentionally
« Last Edit: July 21, 2022, 02:24:15 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Kamaji

Porter described the policy as "one bold move" that would put a "real dent" in "the emission of heat-trapping carbon dioxide that is causing such havoc with the weather," although he admitted it was unlikely the president would make it.

Does Mr. Porter know where all the electricity for the electric cars and trucks will come from?  Mostly from coal-fired and natural gas-fired power plants, which also put out carbon dioxide.

So, at the expense of destroying the economy, Mr. Porter would achieve exactly nothing.

Idiocy at its most sublime.

Offline roamer_1

Republicans need to pound home the fact  that all of this is being done to the American people intentionally

Because_it_was.