Author Topic: Heitkamp: January 6 Hearings Show a Trump Indictment ‘Very Tough’ to Get  (Read 377 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Heitkamp: January 6 Hearings Show a Trump Indictment ‘Very Tough’ to Get

Pam Key 12 Jul 2022

Former North Dakota Sen. Heidi Heitkamp (D) said Tuesday during ABC’s coverage of the January 6 House Select Committee hearing that although it was politically devastating to Donald Trump, it also showed a Trump indictment would be “very tough” to get legally.

Anchor David Muir said, “What did you make of what you heard today?”

Heitkamp said, “I think it’s devastating to the former president. And these events, we’re covering them a lot like a trial, but they really are a political event. I think the president, the former president, sees his popularity waning, and it’s no small amount of publicity that he’s getting here in terms of his unwillingness to see a rational argument when it’s presented to them. So I think that’s politically, and that’s the way I look at these hearings. I think this has been devastating to the former president. Whether it’s going to have an effect on the midterms, I think, remaining to be seen. But as people still stand fast with the former president, I think that there’s going to be a need, eventually, for the party and for people like Kevin McCarthy to start distancing themselves. These are devastating revelations about the president’s behavior. I think Liz Cheney tried to get at that point that this is not someone who was duped. This is somebody who was leading the charge for an insurrection.”

She added, “It’s going to be up to the Justice Department. I agree with Dan. I think everything as a former prosecutor myself, everything that I’ve heard, I think it would be a very tough indictment to get, but I also think it would be tough, I think it would be very, very difficult, knowing what we know right now to see an indictment of this president.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2022/07/12/heitkamp-january-6-hearings-show-a-trump-indictment-very-tough-to-get/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Well, Heidi, this is why you are a "former".

Yes, the beating drum of accusation from before Trump was elected might put a few scratches in his political paint, but those will buff out.

The reality is that six years plus of investigation has failed to find anything that supports any criminal charges. I would wager that in Washington D.C. circles, that makes Trump as rare as lizard fur.

The problem, and y'all don't seem to get it (or maybe you do and you are all trying to push the supposed damage to Trump) is that his eventual exoneration will only expose the political nature of this entire witch hunt, the virulent and vindictive nature of the Democrats (and a few Republicans) in power, and exposes their unsuitability for any position wielding power because they WILL abuse it, right down to keeping mere 'trespassers' abusively incarcerated under third world conditions in violation of their 14th Amendment and 5th Amendment Rights to try to maintain a narrative that should have its life support terminated.

So, before y'all go waving your arms and claiming it damages Trump, you might consider the coming backlash.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis