Author Topic: Inept Democrat leadership is threatening America  (Read 229 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Inept Democrat leadership is threatening America
« on: July 12, 2022, 01:47:23 pm »
July 12, 2022
Inept Democrat leadership is threatening America
By Robert Turner

Democrat senators in the decades following the passage of Roe v. Wade had sufficient numbers on multiple occasions to have passed legislation legalizing limited abortion.  Due to the very real potential, however, that a vote to legalize what many of their constituents would consider murder of the unborn could alienate hundreds of thousands of voters in their various states, thereby threatening re-election, they never acted.  Fortunately for our beleaguered senators, the left-leaning Supreme Court greatly reduced the need for such action through discovery of a heretofore unknown right to abortion in the U.S. Constitution.  There was no need, therefore, for the Senate to seriously consider such legislation.

This "dereliction of duty" by Democrat senators has not gone unnoticed by the pro-choice fanatics.  Democrat dependence on the Supreme Court to legislate in areas in which the Legislative Branch feared to tread created today's difficult situation for Democrats.  Their inaction accepted the risk that should there ever be an originalist majority on the Supreme Court, the "right" discovered by one court could be denied by another.  As a result, the pro-abortion lobby is angry not only with the Court's originalist justices, but with the Democrat party that neglected passing legislation to safeguard access to abortion.

It is in this context that Vice President Harris was recently asked if Democrats failed by not codifying Roe v. Wade over the past five decades.  Her answer — vintage Harris — was as follows:

I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly     believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2022/07/inept_democrat_leadership_is_threatening_america.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Inept Democrat leadership is threatening America
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2022, 01:48:08 pm »
It isn't ineptitude.

It's the plan.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2022, 01:48:23 pm »
"Inept Democrat leadership" - but I repeat myself.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2022, 01:49:42 pm »
It isn't ineptitude.

It's the plan.

:yowsa: pointing-up
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien