Author Topic: Cipollone corroborated 'almost everything' other witnesses told Jan. 6 panel  (Read 804 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Cipollone corroborated 'almost everything' other witnesses told Jan. 6 panel
by Max Thornberry, Associate News Editor |
 | July 12, 2022 08:44 AM

A closed-door testimony before the Jan. 6 committee corroborated almost everything the panel has heard from public witnesses, a top member said on Tuesday.

After the blockbuster testimony from Cassidy Hutchinson, a top aide to former White House chief of staff Mark Meadows, the committee asked former White House counsel Pat Cipollone to speak with members privately. Cipollone's marathon interview — he spent nearly eight hours with the committee last week — was taped, and pieces of his testimony are expected to be aired during Tuesday’s hearing.

Rep. Jamie Raskin (D-MD) a top member of the committee who will be leading parts of Tuesday’s hearing, told NBC that Cipollone’s testimony lined up with what Hutchinson and other witnesses have said over the last month of public hearings.

“Cipollone has corroborated almost everything that we’ve learned from the prior hearings,” Raskin said. “I certainly did not hear him contradict Cassidy Hutchinson. … He had the opportunity to say whatever he wanted to say, so I didn’t see any contradiction there.”

Panel members didn’t bring Cipollone in to testify in order to corroborate Hutchinson’s or any other witness's testimony, Rep. Zoe Lofgren (D-CA) said on Sunday. While the committee didn’t ask Cipollone to “corroborate” anything, his information was in line with what the panel had heard from others.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/politics/cipollone-corroborated-almost-everything-jan-6-panel
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

I certainly did not hear him contradict Cassidy Hutchinson.

So, the secret service agents who were there, in person, are lying, but everyone who only knows about the supposed incident by second or third hand is telling the truth?

Really.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
And we're just supposed to take their word for it?
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Kamaji

Of course.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

The deniers are not testifying under oath and under penalty of perjury.  Are we just supposed to take their word for it?
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

The Washington Examiner did, every word of it.  They are on my same list as The Shill.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
The Washington Examiner did, every word of it.  They are on my same list as The Shill.

That's disappointing.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Silence is not corroboration. Raskin is desperate to sell his narrative.
The Republic is lost.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Raskin and Schiff are two-time (impeachment) losers.  They need to stay off my television.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online Right_in_Virginia

Scott Adams
@ScottAdamsSays

Story doesn’t match the tweet.

The ReidOut
@thereidout
 · 2h

Trump White House counsel Pat Cipollone corroborated virtually all of the revelations from previous witnesses, including former White House aide Cassidy Hutchinson, in lengthy testimony before the panel last week. https://nbcnews.com/politics/congress/cipollone-corroborated-virtually-everything-hutchinson-jan-6-panel-mem-rcna37742 via @nbcnews 

12:36 PM · Jul 12, 2022·Twitter for iPhone

Offline LadyLiberty

Meaningless. All they had to do was avoid asking anything to do with Hutchinson's lies and there would be no contradiction.