Author Topic: MSNBC’s McCaskill: ‘If You Have a Home Intruder, You Don’t Need to Fire 70 Rounds’  (Read 3152 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
MSNBC’s McCaskill: ‘If You Have a Home Intruder, You Don’t Need to Fire 70 Rounds’

Trent Baker 6 Jul 2022

MSNBC contributor Claire McCaskill on Wednesday argued against “high-capacity” magazines on guns in the United States.

McCaskill advised on “Morning Joe” that “[h]igh-capacity magazines are very handy if you want to slaughter school children as they sit in their desks.” She said in the case of a home intruder, “you don’t need to fire 70 rounds.”

“Let’s talk about high-capacity magazines. Let’s talk about zeroing in on the type of weapons and these magazines that are designed only for one thing, Joe, and you’ve talked about it over and over again, that’s to kill people quickly. To kill people quickly,” McCaskill emphasized. “Now, if you have a home intruder, you don’t need to fire 70 rounds. Snipers fire 70 rounds if they want to commit mass slaughter. High-capacity magazines are very handy if you want to slaughter school children as they sit in their desks.”

“Listen, I want to tell all my former colleagues — you can go up against the NRA and live to tell about it,” she added. “I won many elections in Missouri, which is not a liberal place, with an ‘F’ from the NRA. With an ‘F’ from the NRA. You can do it because most Americans want to stop this madness. And I think Democrats are right right now. They should go after these weapons of war, these high-capacity, high-powered rifles, and most importantly, these high-capacity magazines. There is no reason that any sportsman needs a high-capacity magazine to shoot deer, varmints or feral pigs.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2022/07/06/msnbcs-mccaskill-if-you-have-a-home-intruder-you-dont-need-to-fire-70-rounds/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
speaking of *feral pigs*.... :whistle:
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Kamaji

It’s not about “need”, it’s about what the Constitution says.

Online roamer_1

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
"You Don’t Need to Fire 70 Rounds"

She is right....   100 is better.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
"You Don’t Need to Fire 70 Rounds"

She is right....   100 is better.

As many as it takes is a good rule of thumb.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Hoodat

And if you have 71 home intruders?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline PeteS in CA

1. Claire McCaskill knows how many intruders will perpetrate a home invasion and how many rounds will be necessary to render every intruder incapable of harming the home's occupants?

2. Claire McCaskill knows how many rounds at takes to take out a sounder of 20 or 40 or ?? feral pigs?

Where in the US Constitution is the requirement that a citizen exercising a Constitutional right must explain their reason to the satisfaction of government officials?
« Last Edit: July 06, 2022, 11:35:54 pm by PeteS in CA »
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online Kamaji

1. Claire McCaskill knows how many intruders will perpetrate a home invasion and how many rounds will be necessary to render every intruder incapable of harming the home's occupants?

2. Claire McCaskill knows how many rounds at takes to take out a sounder of 20 or 40 or ?? feral pigs?

Where in the US Constitution is the requirement that a citizen exercising a Constitutional right must explain their reason to the satisfaction of government officials?

:thumbsup:

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Till the barrel is glowing a nice amber color works for me.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online mountaineer

Sad to say, the magazines for my 9mm handgun hold much less than 70 rounds. Where might I get one of those super mags?  :laugh:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Yet police just put 60 rounds (out of 100) into some guy....

I'm a pretty fair shot, but let ME decide how many rounds I might need.

In this State, If I want to lug around a 30 round magazine while I'm deer hunting, it's perfectly legal, so long as I don't exceed my bag limit (and yes, using more than one or two rounds is considered bad form)..

There is no bag limit on home intruders, IIRC, so I might need more.
At the very least, having the extra ammo present is a deterrent.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Hoodat

Yet police just put 60 rounds (out of 100) into some guy....

Did you hear the interview with the police chief?  Reporters grilled him on why the suspect was shot 60 times.  He responded, "Because the officers ran out of ammo.  If they had had more ammo, they would have shot him more."
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline cato potatoe

I can't imagine why she lost to a 38 year old.

Offline The_Reader_David

Did you hear the interview with the police chief?  Reporters grilled him on why the suspect was shot 60 times.  He responded, "Because the officers ran out of ammo.  If they had had more ammo, they would have shot him more."

I think the chief was trolling the reporters with that answer. 
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Offline Hoodat

I can't imagine why she lost to a 38 year old.

If not for Todd Akin's ego, McCaskill would have been gone six years earlier.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
If not for Todd Akin's ego, McCaskill would have been gone six years earlier.

It was a "legitimate rape".
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

If they get into your house, one needs to fill them up with enough lead they become too heavy to crawl out.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online roamer_1

Simultaneously, Trudeau, after freezing handgun sales, is set to ban all guns in the nation that cannot be PERMANENTLY  limited to 5 rounds. That means every gun with a tube magazine or a clip magazine will be outlawed.

To include btw, my 700 Remington, which is capable of being clip fed, many shotguns, which are tube fed, and even most .22 LR.

They are taking Canada the way of Australia. No doubt that is the intention here too

Online mountaineer

My only rifle is a .22 plinker, but it's still a semi-automatic with a 10-round magazine. Oh, the humanity. The people who most loudly rail against guns are the ones who know the least about them.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline DefiantMassRINO

"Now, if you have a home intruder, you don’t need to fire 70 rounds." - Maybe the homeowner wants to give the intruder 70 house warming gifts?  You never know if the home intruder is wearing body armor.
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Offline berdie

Interesting. A person can kill an intruder with one bullet. Myself, If someone breaks into my house, I'm going to assume that they are there for no good reason. I'm going to be scared and empty everything I have at them...but that's just me. :shrug: Knives, guns, skillets, and anything else I can get my hands on.

If I have time, I may put Tom Petty's "Don't Come Around Here No More" for some dying music serenade.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2022, 09:43:49 pm by berdie »

Online roamer_1

Interesting. A person can kill an intruder with one bullet. Myself, If someone breaks into my house, I'm going to assume that they are there for no good reason. I'm going to be scared and empty everything I have at them...but that's just me. :shrug: Knives, guns, skillets, and anything else I can get my hands on.

If I have time, I may put Tom Petty's "Don't Come Around Here No More" for some dying music serenade.

@berdie

You're a peach, darlin... And so kind too... I'd have never worried about the music.
You're one to ride the river with.  :beer: :seeya:

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Sad to say, the magazines for my 9mm handgun hold much less than 70 rounds. Where might I get one of those super mags?  :laugh:
I always thought that a 32 round stick mag was the biggest available for my Hi-Power, turns out you can get a 50 round drum for them. Just because you can doesn't mean you should and that drum loaded would add at least two more pounds to the gun **nononono*

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
McCaskell is a Democommie windbag.

If someone is invading my house, and I have reason to believe my life and that of my family might be at risk, I will use as many shots as needed to satisfy my mind that said invader will not cause harm to anyone in my house.   If that is 1, 5, 70, or 500 bullets, I WILL make that decision and error on the side of caution.

And most folks that are hunters usually expend one or two bullets and not 70.  Finding fault with hunters is nonsense.  Most folks using large capacity magazines are using them at the range and not hunting.