Author Topic: Border Invasion Gives Texas ‘Power to Put Hands on People and Send Them Back,’ Says Lt. Gov.  (Read 241 times)

rebewranger

Border Invasion Gives Texas ‘Power to Put Hands on People and Send Them Back,’ Says Lt. Gov.

RGV Sector agents apprehended a large group of migrants near the Texas border with Mexico. (U.S. Border Patrol/Rio Grande Valley Sector)U.S. Border Patrol/Rio Grande Valley Sector
BOB PRICE5 Jul 2022186

Texas Lt. Governor Dan Patrick told Fox News that the state is being invaded, which gives the state the power to remove migrants from the country. He said the Constitution gives Texas the “power to put hands on people and send them back.”

Fox News Anchor Trace Gallagher interviewed Lt. Gov. Patrick Tuesday afternoon about the worsening crisis along the Texas border with Mexico. The interview came shortly before a Texas border county declared the migrant surge to be an “invasion.”

“Some counties in Texas are ready to declare an invasion into their counties,” Patrick told Gallagher. “We had 230-some-thousand cross the [U.S.] border last month. That’s only who we apprehended.”

“We are being invaded,” the Lt. Gov. stated. “If we’re being invaded under the Constitution, I think that gives us the power to put hands on people and send them back.”

https://www.breitbart.com/border/2022/07/05/border-invasion-gives-texas-power-to-put-hands-on-people-and-send-them-back-says-lt-gov/

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
"Border Invasion Gives Texas ‘Power to Put Hands on People and Send Them Back,’ Says Lt. Gov."

Fishrmman almost totally-fearless prediction:
He'll do nothing.
Like [what seems to be] the overwhelming number of Texas public officials, he's wearin' a big hat and ain't got no cattle...

(sorry if you don't like that observation, Texas Briefers, but I've yet to see much of anything from your state that convinces me otherwise...)