Author Topic: Biden admin misses major oil lease deadline: 'an absolute disgrace'  (Read 323 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
5 hours ago
Biden admin misses major oil lease deadline: 'an absolute disgrace'
GOP Sen. John Barrasso said the administration's attacks on fossil fuel production were "an absolute disgrace"

By Thomas Catenacci Fox Business

The Biden administration did not give an explanation after it missed its own deadline to plan future oil and gas lease sales Thursday.

Interior Secretary Deb Haaland vowed during a Senate hearing on May 19 to issue a legally-mandated program outlining proposed offshore lease sales over the next five years by Thursday. On Wednesday, Interior Department (DOI) spokesperson Melissa Schwartz confirmed the agency was "on track" to issue the plan by Thursday, according to E&E News.

Schwartz declined to comment on the delay in response to a Fox News Digital inquiry. The White House did not respond to a request for comment.

An announcement was slated to take place Thursday, but was pushed back for an unknown reason, administration officials told Reuters on Friday.

"President Biden is hell-bent on choking off American oil and natural gas production," Senate Energy and Natural Resources Committee Ranking Member John Barrasso, R-Wyo., told Fox News Digital in a statement. "Now he has failed to follow the law and prepare a final five-year leasing plan by yesterday’s deadline. That means the federal government will not offer any new offshore oil and gas lease sales this year."

"This will be the first year since 1958 that has happened. Instead, the Biden administration has spent its time courting overseas dictators," he continued. "The White House has begged countries like Russia, Iran, and Venezuela for oil. It’s an absolute disgrace."

Under the 1953 Outer Continental Shelf Lands Act, the DOI is required to periodically issue five-year plans for offshore oil and gas lease sales. Historically, the plans have been issued on time by Democratic and Republican administrations and have included more than 10 lease sales stretching across federal waters in the Gulf of Mexico, Pacific, Atlantic and off the coast of Alaska.

more
https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/biden-administration-misses-major-oil-lease-deadline
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LMAO

Re: Biden admin misses major oil lease deadline: 'an absolute disgrace'
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2022, 08:07:32 pm »
Folks, we are simply going to have to go through a lot of pain while these people are in charge. We can complain about it, we can go on forum such as this and shake our heads, but as long as they’re in charge of all this we’re just gonna have to suffer.

But the more they make the public suffer, the easier it will be for us to contrast our positions versus theirs. And it isn’t just economics that sinking Joe Biden’s poll numbers. America is becoming alert. 
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2022, 10:57:30 pm »
From the itle:
"biden admin misses major oil lease deadline..."

The administration "missed" nothing.
This was intentional.

As I predicted in another thread, we should probably expect no more offers of oil leases -- as in, NONE -- from this administration until January 20, 2025.

If any are offered, it will be done so under extreme duress due to the circumstances...

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2022, 11:18:57 pm »
 1 hour ago
Biden administration unveils oil and gas drilling plans, gutting Trump-era framework
The federal government is required to periodically hold offshore oil and gas lease sales under a 1953 law

By Thomas Catenacci Fox Business

The Biden administration published its long-awaited five-year offshore oil and gas leasing plan Friday one day after missing its June deadline.

The Department of the Interior (DOI) plan included the possibility of the federal government holding up to 11 lease sales off the coast of Alaska and in the Gulf of Mexico over the five-year period between 2023-2028. However, the plan also put forward the option of the federal government holding no lease sales in that same time period.

"From Day One, President Biden and I have made clear our commitment to transition to a clean energy economy," Interior Secretary Deb Haaland said in a statement. "Today, we put forward an opportunity for the American people to consider and provide input on the future of offshore oil and gas leasing. The time for the public to weigh in on our future is now."

The plan didn't include any potential sales in the Atlantic or Pacific, effectively blocking drilling off the east and west coasts. In the first version of the DOI plan, the Trump administration sought to hold a total of 47 sales across the Atlantic, Pacific, Gulf of Mexico and off Alaska's coasts.

Under the 1953 Outer Continental Shelf Lands Act, the federal government is required to issue offshore leasing plans every five years laying out prospective oil and gas lease sales. The current 2017-2022 plan expired Thursday.

Haaland previously promised that the DOI would issue the plan by Thursday. The administration delayed the announcement without giving a reason.

more
https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/biden-administration-unveils-oil-gas-drilling-plans-gutting-trump-era-framework
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34