Author Topic: Biden ‘does not agree with’ expanding Supreme Court: Jean-Pierre  (Read 325 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Biden ‘does not agree with’ expanding Supreme Court: Jean-Pierre
by Caroline Vakil - 06/25/22 4:41 PM ET

White House press secretary Karine Jean-Pierre told reporters on Saturday that President Biden “does not agree with” expanding the Supreme Court after it ruled a day before to eliminate the constitutional right to abortion.

“So, I know I’ve … I was asked this question yesterday, and I’ve been asked it before — and I think the president himself … about expanding the Court. That is something that the president does not agree with. That is not something that he wants to do,” Jean-Pierre said on Air Force One while en route to Munich, Germany.

She argued that the Supreme Court’s “extreme ruling” to overturn Roe v. Wade was “so out of step” given the popularity among Americans of upholding the 50-year precedent.

“It’s so out of step not only with this decision, but it’s also so out of step with the Constitution,” she added.

In the wake of a leaked Supreme Court draft opinion last month that signaled that the high court would eliminate federal-level abortion protections, some Democrats called for additional seats to be added to the court, which currently has a 6-3 conservative majority.

Some Democrats have urged filibuster reform, too, though those efforts are likely doomed given Sens. Joe Manchin (D-W.Va.) and Kyrsten Sinema (D-Ariz.) have both repeatedly said they are against changing the rule that requires most legislation to secure 60 votes to pass in the Senate.

Biden has previously said he was mulling the idea of using executive action to protect abortion rights, though it is unclear what actions he would take.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/3537104-biden-does-not-agree-with-expanding-supreme-court-jean-pierre/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mountaineer

He'll say the exact opposite in 3 ... 2 ...
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online libertybele

He'll say the exact opposite in 3 ... 2 ...

He's going to do whatever his handlers tell him to say and do.  The leftists have already threatened that if Roe v Wade is overturned they will pack the courts and if and when they do, Roe v Wade will be overturned yet again.  Just my opinion.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Hoodat

As if Joe Biden has a say in the matter.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Killer Clouds

So where in the Constitution does it enumerate abortion as a right?