Author Topic: One photo of an IRS cafeteria overstuffed with paper shows why you haven't gotten your refund check  (Read 310 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

One photo of an IRS cafeteria overstuffed with paper shows why you haven't gotten your refund check yet — and just how underfunded the agency is
insider@insider.com (Juliana Kaplan) - Tuesday

The IRS is underfunded and understaffed, and had to deal with new pandemic responsibilities.
    The result has been a massive backlog of unprocessed tax returns, many of them on paper.
    A photo from the agency's Austin facility shows just how much paper the IRS is dealing with.

The IRS is still full of paper.

The agency has been contending with a historic backlog of unprocessed tax returns amidst new pandemic responsibilities, understaffing, and underfunding. The result: A massive build-up of unprocessed tax returns, many of which belong to Americans who have been waiting on refund checks.

Natasha Sarin, a tax policy and implementation counselor at the Treasury Department, shared a photo on Twitter of the cafeteria at the IRS's Austin site. In it, the room is "overrun" with paper returns awaiting employees.

"There's no question that strategically starving the IRS of resources shortchanges American taxpayers," Sarin said in a comment to Insider. "Dedicated IRS employees working through the enormous paper backlog are doing so with near-obsolete technology, and 1970s level staffing. It's time to deliver the sustainable resources for a modernized IRS every American can depend on."

more
https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/taxes/one-photo-of-an-irs-cafeteria-overstuffed-with-paper-shows-why-you-haven-t-gotten-your-refund-check-yet-and-just-how-underfunded-the-agency-is/ar-AAYszxk?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=e4b14067446541479cf533302ec8e8a1
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
If they think they are underfunded now, wait!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online libertybele

We mailed in our tax return in March -- still waiting.  I know most do their returns on-line; I refuse to do any on-line banking transactions.  So I wait ....
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline The_Reader_David

Waiting for your refund.... Something I never have to worry about:  my wife has a business as a sole proprietorship (she's a clinical psychologist), so any overpayment just gets applied to estimated taxes for the next year (and we move money that would have been an estimated tax payment but which was already covered by the previous year's overpayment out of her business account to our household account when estimated taxes would be due).  Back when both of us were on salaries, I always contrived to owe the Feds something in April, too little to incur a penalty, but something -- why give the Feds an interest free loan?  I"m still working on calibrating estimated tax payments for my wife to accomplish the same thing now.
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.