Author Topic: Don't count out Tom Cotton in 2024  (Read 1658 times)

Offline roamer_1

Re: Don't count out Tom Cotton in 2024
« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2022, 08:44:43 pm »
Hindsight as they say is always 20/20.  He had a pandemic on his hands, went according to what he was told, and ramped up production in several areas to ultimately save lives.  That was his goal.  IMO he handled it very well and expediently.

Sure, had he let the pandemic run its course things would have been better, however that was not the information that was relayed to him by Fauci, Birx, WHO and CDC.  Keep in mind that for weeks they were on national news on MSM channels feeding the disinformation to the public. Instilling the fear that we were all going to die from this pandemic if we didn't flatten the curve, lockdown, stay locked down, and had the process for getting vaccines approved ramped up big time. Trump several times went against Fauci and was then reported as being a terrible president because he was going against the expert Dr. Evil himself.
Also, keep in mind Trump left the lockdowns and re-opening up to the governors of each state.

As if that makes it forgivable.. Either he is a conspirator or a dupe - either way meets the same criteria:

NEVER AGAIN. Twenty TRILLION friggin dollars.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2022, 08:55:27 pm »
@roamer_1  Just a note.  I didn't vote for Trump in the primaries and was absolutely appalled at the way he treated his fellow GOP rivals in comparison to Hillary.  There are several times that I have questioned his actions and I have never given him a free pass.  However, I still believe he had us headed in a more positive direction and certainly did better for the country than the Bushies.

An incredibly low bar... And not worth the cost, by any means, @libertybele ...

Don't get me wrong - I know you and I are fairly close to the same thinking in most things. But in this we are far apart. We cannot afford another 4 years of Tumpy.  Hell, we can't afford 4 more years of anyone.

This sh*t's just naturally got to stop. There is no school of economics that can fathom a government that costs more than we make - And for all intensive porpoises, we have been close enough to just that through the last four presidents (last three for damnwell sure).

That anyone is even considering another term would be hilarious if it weren't so pathetic. Venezuela here we come. And every inch of it is deserved.

Offline Killer Clouds

« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2022, 10:17:08 pm »
As if that makes it forgivable.. Either he is a conspirator or a dupe - either way meets the same criteria:

NEVER AGAIN. Twenty TRILLION friggin dollars.
You keep lying about Trump and 20 trillion dollars.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2022, 11:05:50 pm »
You keep lying about Trump and 20 trillion dollars.

No lie in that. 20T dollars in 4 years. 8T of it printed out of thin air.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2022, 11:11:54 pm »
An incredibly low bar... And not worth the cost, by any means, @libertybele ...

Don't get me wrong - I know you and I are fairly close to the same thinking in most things. But in this we are far apart. We cannot afford another 4 years of Tumpy.  Hell, we can't afford 4 more years of anyone.

This sh*t's just naturally got to stop. There is no school of economics that can fathom a government that costs more than we make - And for all intensive porpoises, we have been close enough to just that through the last four presidents (last three for damnwell sure).

That anyone is even considering another term would be hilarious if it weren't so pathetic. Venezuela here we come. And every inch of it is deserved.

@roamer_1 I hear you loud and clear.  The only person that I can think of who I believe would come close to being a fiscal conservative is Rand Paul and I just don't think he has the draw nor would he have the following to beat a DEM ticket in '24.  I believe that the DEMS will run someone like Michelle Obammy or Susan Rice and with the underhandedness of the DEMS stealing an election, I just don't see Rand standing a chance.

Right now I think that the GOP thinks every thing is rosy and that they'll win in '24.  I truly have my doubts and as I stated a lot is going to depend on who they run and it sure isn't going to be Biden or Harris.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline corbe

« Reply #30 on: June 18, 2022, 11:17:34 pm »
   At this point I would take Rand Paul as Secretary of Treasury or Secretary of State, AND put Niki Haley and Mike Pompeo in charge of tampon distribution.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline corbe

« Reply #31 on: June 18, 2022, 11:23:13 pm »
    I would want Cruz as AG and Blackburn as VP in the DeSantis Administration also.   I haven't forgot about Trump, I'll figure out something later, maybe an Ambassadorship to the UN to show the World how little we think about them!
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #32 on: June 18, 2022, 11:56:40 pm »
@roamer_1 I hear you loud and clear.  The only person that I can think of who I believe would come close to being a fiscal conservative is Rand Paul and I just don't think he has the draw nor would he have the following to beat a DEM ticket in '24.  I believe that the DEMS will run someone like Michelle Obammy or Susan Rice and with the underhandedness of the DEMS stealing an election, I just don't see Rand standing a chance.

Right now I think that the GOP thinks every thing is rosy and that they'll win in '24.  I truly have my doubts and as I stated a lot is going to depend on who they run and it sure isn't going to be Biden or Harris.

If things continue the way they are, and every sign points to that direction, it doesn’t matter who the Democrats run. That person will be tied to the Biden administration. The Democrats did that to John McCain in 2008

The Democrats are in for a shellacking this year. I think they recognize that. What worries them is 2024 and beyond
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Killer Clouds

« Reply #33 on: June 19, 2022, 12:00:51 am »
No lie in that. 20T dollars in 4 years. 8T of it printed out of thin air.
You're just continuing your BS lie. You should be happy you DCP daddy is doing just the job you want and expect.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #34 on: June 19, 2022, 12:09:12 am »
If things continue the way they are, and every sign points to that direction, it doesn’t matter who the Democrats run. That person will be tied to the Biden administration. The Democrats did that to John McCain in 2008

The Democrats are in for a shellacking this year. I think they recognize that. What worries them is 2024 and beyond

Even IF the GOP takes the House in November, I don't have much hope.  They've had a majority and a super majority and didn't accomplish squat.

As for '24, I don't think the DEMS are worried in the least.  They are too calculating and underhanded and they aren't going to give up power.  Just my opinion.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline corbe

« Reply #35 on: June 19, 2022, 12:09:29 am »
   Are that many States still doing compulsory Mail In Ballots during this Midterm, compared to 2020 covid?  I know at least a few have tightened up including Texas, Florida and Arkansas.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #36 on: June 19, 2022, 12:12:49 am »
   At this point I would take Rand Paul as Secretary of Treasury or Secretary of State, AND put Niki Haley and Mike Pompeo in charge of tampon distribution.

Not a fan of Haley either. 

Offline libertybele

« Reply #37 on: June 19, 2022, 12:14:13 am »
   Are that many States still doing compulsory Mail In Ballots during this Midterm, compared to 2020 covid?  I know at least a few have tightened up including Texas, Florida and Arkansas.

I don't know, but more red states need to get on that bandwagon if the GOP expects to win.  Meanwhile ... Ronna are you even paying attention?

Offline corbe

« Reply #38 on: June 19, 2022, 12:16:44 am »
You're just continuing your BS lie. You should be happy you DCP daddy is doing just the job you want and expect.

Is this true @roamer_1 that you've been working for the The Deferred Compensation Program all along?
    Perhaps it's to early to ask for a refund of dues, eh?

Offline LMAO

« Reply #39 on: June 19, 2022, 12:21:01 am »
Even IF the GOP takes the House in November, I don't have much hope.  They've had a majority and a super majority and didn't accomplish squat.

As for '24, I don't think the DEMS are worried in the least.  They are too calculating and underhanded and they aren't going to give up power.  Just my opinion.

The GOP is going to take the House and a great chance of retaking the Senate. Watch a lot of local races for state houses and even some governorships

The reality is the Democrats are worried about 2024.

If the Democrat party is so good at stealing elections, why didn’t they get a blue wave in 2020? If Democrats were going to steal an election for Joe Biden, why didn’t they also steal him a veto proof Congress? Why did Republicans do so well in 2021? Why did three school board members in San Francisco of all places get recalled for being woke and their woke prosecutor was recalled with 60% of the vote? We had a 20 year Democrat school board member in our local election that was voted out and replaced by a conservative Republican.

There is a lot of good signs and opportunities for conservatism now and in the next several years. But we will have to suffer through these people for a few more years. People need to stop with the “it’s all over for America” because it is not. The only thing that can save the Democrat party in both the short term and long-term is a pivot on policies which there is no indication they’re going to do. Running Michelle Obama in 2024 while inner city crime is through the roof and inflation is at a record high is not gonna save the Democrat Party

We can’t cry thievery every time our side lose an election. I am not saying that the 2020 election was fraud free and I support tightening up our elections and I do support voter ID and election integrity. But if you were to frequent left-wing blogs like I did after Hillary Clinton lost in 2016, they also claimed that the election was stolen from Hillary

None of this is going to be easy or without pitfalls from time to time. But I think America is a country worth saving and I believe that’s the majority opinion
« Last Edit: June 19, 2022, 12:47:53 am by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline libertybele

« Reply #40 on: June 19, 2022, 12:28:37 am »
The GOP is going to take the House and a great chance of retaking the Senate. Watch a lot of local races for state houses and even some governorships

If the Democrat party is so good at stealing elections, why didn’t they get a blue wave in 2020? If Democrats were going to steal an election for Joe Biden, why didn’t they also steal him a veto proof Congress? Why did Republicans do so well in 2021? Why did three school board members in San Francisco of all places get recalled for being woke and their walk prosecutor was recalled with 60% to the vote? We had a 20 year Democrat school board member in our local election that was voted out and replaced by a conservative Republican.

There is a lot of good signs and opportunities for conservatism now and in the next several years. But we will have to suffer through these people for a few more years. People need to stop with the “it’s all over for America” because it is not. The only thing that can save the Democrat party in both the short term and long-term is a pivot on policies which there is no indication they’re going to do. Running Michelle Obama in 2024 while inner city crime is through the roof and inflation is at a record high is not gonna save the Democrat Party

We can’t cry thievery every time our side lose an election. I am not saying that the 2020 election was fraud free and I support tightening up our elections and I do support voter ID and election integrity. But if you were to frequent left-wing blogs like I did after Hillary Clinton lost in 2016, they also claimed that the election was stolen from Hillary

You certainly make some good points @LMAO and obviously you are much more of an optimist than I am.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #41 on: June 19, 2022, 12:31:53 am »
You certainly make some good points @LMAO and obviously you are much more of an optimist than I am.

I am an optimist. The Biden administration and the Democratic Party has been such an abject failure that the wind is at our back. However, I want to know who the 30% are who think the country is on the right track and that Biden is doing a great job

I’m also a realist. I know we’re gonna suffer for a while. But “Morning in America” is going to come back. But we’re going to have to fight for it

Barry Goldwater

Offline DB

« Reply #42 on: June 19, 2022, 12:37:05 am »
I am an optimist. The Biden administration and the Democratic Party has been such an abject failure that the wind is at our back. However, I want to know who the 30% are who think the country is on the right track and that Biden is doing a great job

I’m also a realist. I know we’re gonna suffer for a while. But “Morning in America” is going to come back. But we’re going to have to fight for it

The left side of the bell curve...

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #43 on: June 19, 2022, 01:28:04 pm »

Republicans are going to plow the ground. Everyone will be shocked at how utterly the Democrats will be defeated.

The dumb thing is... this happens all the dang time. And the Democrats will shrink in shame, and the Republicans will puff out their chests and strut around... And not a damn thing will change.

Oh, don't get me wrong... they'll change the economy... Big tax cut, throw some cash around in the trailerpark... And kick it in the ass. They'll reverse the green bullcrap and open oil sales and remove the Biden regulations. Supply chain and fuel costs will come back to an alignment... Everything will start flying a little better... and people will be SO relieved.
But really... nothing will change.

Bread and circuses.
Farts and Arses.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2022, 01:29:04 pm by roamer_1 »

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #44 on: June 19, 2022, 02:32:24 pm »
I am an optimist. The Biden administration and the Democratic Party has been such an abject failure ......

I disagree with you on this one thing @LMAO   ... "abject failure".    This regime has been very successful --- astonishingly so. 

What some refer to as "incompetence" or "failure" is the plan.  I wish we'd accept this, acknowledge this, and stop giving the democrats plausible deniability.