Author Topic: Don't count out Tom Cotton in 2024  (Read 1667 times)

Offline corbe

Don't count out Tom Cotton in 2024
« on: June 16, 2022, 02:39:27 pm »
Don't count out Tom Cotton in 2024

by James Sweet
June 16, 2022 09:13 AM

Sen. Tom Cotton (R-AR) is reportedly discussing the possibility of a 2024 presidential campaign with major Republican donors. The decision, reportedly, will ultimately depend on the 2022 midterm elections and not former President Donald Trump.

Tom Cotton, the junior senator from Arkansas, possibly running against Donald Trump? It’s a surprise I welcome with open arms. This is a major development for the future of the Republican Party, and it is up to Republican voters and donors to push Cotton toward running.

Dan McLaughlin lists a few positive attributes about Cotton in his analysis. “He’s smart, conservative, relatively sober-minded, and has a foot in several different camps across the party,” he writes. “He’s a veteran, a hawk with real foreign-policy credibility, and a law-and-order guy.”

<..snip..>

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/dont-count-out-tom-cotton-in-2024
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline roamer_1

Re: Don't count out Tom Cotton in 2024
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2022, 04:43:14 pm »
I would HAPPILY vote for Cotton, without a doubt.

Offline corbe

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2022, 05:09:17 pm »
   I would too @roamer_1 but I think, at this point, a DeSantis/Blackburn ticket would be hard to beat/steal.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2022, 05:20:53 pm »
@roamer_1  @corbe  Tom Cotton is a no vote for me.  Take a look at this record.  He is not a fiscal conservative.  No one is perfect, but he has a liberty score of "C".  I didn't go into his actual Congressional voting record, but this is enough to sway me against him.

For one, he voted to pass a $19 billion spending bill without funding for the border crisis.

https://libertyscore.conservativereview.com/tom-cotton
« Last Edit: June 16, 2022, 05:24:04 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline corbe

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2022, 05:31:38 pm »
   Reminds me of Sen Cruz voting for those Trump budgets, if that is the case.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2022, 05:37:32 pm »

Honestly, I'd have to look up Cruz's record to see how he voted on the budgets and what was in the budget.

I don't see Ted running in '24 anyways.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2022, 07:52:16 pm »
@roamer_1  @corbe  Tom Cotton is a no vote for me.  Take a look at this record.  He is not a fiscal conservative.  No one is perfect, but he has a liberty score of "C".  I didn't go into his actual Congressional voting record, but this is enough to sway me against him.

For one, he voted to pass a $19 billion spending bill without funding for the border crisis.

https://libertyscore.conservativereview.com/tom-cotton

I take my notes from Heritage and ACU scorecard.... Which has him in the high 90s last I looked. Don't matter. If he has slipped I will catch it when I am paying attention... Which is years away.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2022, 07:53:43 pm »

I am amost done with Cruz over that. I might could still be talked into voting for him... but it would take a whole lot of talking now.

Offline Killer Clouds

« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2022, 11:26:13 am »
It doesn't matter. Trump will be the nominee in 2024.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2022, 04:29:00 pm »
It doesn't matter. Trump will be the nominee in 2024.

And I will take a pass. Yet again.

Offline Killer Clouds

« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2022, 07:36:53 am »
And I will take a pass. Yet again.
As expected. You are a DCP guy.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2022, 12:04:55 pm »
As expected. You are a DCP guy.

Nah. I just won't vote for big government ever again. And Tumpy is as big government as they come.

Offline Killer Clouds

« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2022, 03:37:39 pm »
Nah. I just won't vote for big government ever again. And Tumpy is as big government as they come.
Like I said you're a DCP guy and your daddy is doing his job now.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2022, 04:56:26 pm »
Like I said you're a DCP guy and your daddy is doing his job now.

Nah... Biteme is doing the same dang thing as Tumpy... Don't think Tumpy's 8T in printed money has nothing to do with where we are right now. But then, you don't care about your (great)grandchildren's debt unless it's a Democrat doing it to em... Or you wouldn't be willing to vote for Tumpy either.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2022, 05:11:24 pm »
Nah... Biteme is doing the same dang thing as Tumpy... Don't think Tumpy's 8T in printed money has nothing to do with where we are right now. But then, you don't care about your (great)grandchildren's debt unless it's a Democrat doing it to em... Or you wouldn't be willing to vote for Tumpy either.

IMHO @roamer_1  yes, Trump spent money but part of that expenditure was due to COVID.  Prior to that Trump had the economy going, we experienced the lowest unemployment rate in history (including Blacks and Hispanics), he had us energy independent, our borders were starting to become more secure and we were respected once again around the globe.  Joe has done just the opposite and his spending has hurt us; we are no longer energy independent, shelves are empty, no baby formula, our border is a complete disaster and he is giving billions to Ukraine.  Trump put us first and Joe is putting us last. 

Yes spending is spending, but Trump had this country headed in the right direction.  Biden is heading us for complete destruction.  Big difference.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2022, 05:14:56 pm »

This is why Trump cannot be the nominee in 2024.  The next nominee and the next president should adopt the energy and border policies but discard the overspending. Otherwise, inflation will continue

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2022, 05:25:01 pm »
IMHO @roamer_1  yes, Trump spent money but part of that expenditure was due to COVID.  Prior to that Trump had the economy going, we experienced the lowest unemployment rate in history (including Blacks and Hispanics), he had us energy independent, our borders were starting to become more secure and we were respected once again around the globe.  Joe has done just the opposite and his spending has hurt us; we are no longer energy independent, shelves are empty, no baby formula, our border is a complete disaster and he is giving billions to Ukraine.  Trump put us first and Joe is putting us last. 

Yes spending is spending, but Trump had this country headed in the right direction.  Biden is heading us for complete destruction.  Big difference.

I don't think that's right @libertybele ... Go read all the liberal crap he signed into permanent law and then come make your argument.

The right hand governed by 'conservative' temporary EOs... Better go look at what the left hand was doing...  :whistle:

Because that's the stuff that determines the country's direction. EOs don't count.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2022, 05:26:16 pm »
This is why Trump cannot be the nominee in 2024.  The next nominee and the next president should adopt the energy and border policies but discard the overspending. Otherwise, inflation will continue

Absolutely right. More than that - Austerity. This sh*t's getting real.

Offline corbe

« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2022, 05:37:22 pm »
   Apples to Apples here, Sure Trump had covid to deal with ($1T) but obummer threw a Trillion into TARP (dem/union coffers).  They both spent roughly the same amount ($8T) but 1 did it in half the time.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2022, 05:38:27 pm by corbe »

Offline libertybele

« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2022, 06:10:26 pm »

@LMAO you don't believe that some of the debt that Trump ran up had to do with COVID??  Never in modern history has any president had to deal with a pandemic.  I think he handled it extremely well and unfortunately along with that came the enormous burden of making sure that states had PPE and people who were thrown out of work and businesses who were shut down because of the lock down were given some financial help.  We now can see that gov't inflcted COVID in order to control and manipulate, but, at that time Trump handled it quite well and displayed tremendous leadership.

He hasn't announced that he is running, but I'd vote for him.  IF he decides to run, I hope he picks an excellent VP who will take on a larger role than Pence did.  Perhaps Noem, Cruz, DeSantis, Pompeo or Rand.   Either one of them would make an excellent VP.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2022, 06:13:10 pm by libertybele »

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2022, 06:13:17 pm »
@LMAO you don't believe that some of the debt that Trump ran up had to do with COVID??  Never in modern history has any president had to deal with a pandemic.  I think he handled it extremely well and unfortunately along with that came the enormous burden of making sure that states had PPE and people who were throw our of work and businesses who were shut down because of being locked down were given some financial help.  We now can see what a sham COVID is but, at that time Trump handled it quite well and displayed tremendous leadership.

He hasn't announced that he is running, but I'd vote for him.  IF he decides to run, I hope he picks an excellent VP who will take on a larger role than Pence did.  Perhaps Noem, Cruz, DeSantis, Pompeo or Rand.   Either one of them would make an excellent VP.

It would have been better had he done nothing at all... Left supply chains intact, and did not approve the ineffective vaccines.

... Which, btw, would have cost *nothing*

Offline libertybele

« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2022, 06:59:09 pm »
It would have been better had he done nothing at all... Left supply chains intact, and did not approve the ineffective vaccines.

... Which, btw, would have cost *nothing*

Hindsight as they say is always 20/20.  He had a pandemic on his hands, went according to what he was told, and ramped up production in several areas to ultimately save lives.  That was his goal.  IMO he handled it very well and expediently.

Sure, had he let the pandemic run its course things would have been better, however that was not the information that was relayed to him by Fauci, Birx, WHO and CDC.  Keep in mind that for weeks they were on national news on MSM channels feeding the disinformation to the public. Instilling the fear that we were all going to die from this pandemic if we didn't flatten the curve, lockdown, stay locked down, and had the process for getting vaccines approved ramped up big time. Trump several times went against Fauci and was then reported as being a terrible president because he was going against the expert Dr. Evil himself.
Also, keep in mind Trump left the lockdowns and re-opening up to the governors of each state.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2022, 07:05:08 pm »
@roamer_1  Just a note.  I didn't vote for Trump in the primaries and was absolutely appalled at the way he treated his fellow GOP rivals in comparison to Hillary.  There are several times that I have questioned his actions and I have never given him a free pass.  However, I still believe he had us headed in a more positive direction and certainly did better for the country than the Bushies.

Offline corbe

« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2022, 07:15:46 pm »
    I (almost) feel sorry for him, legally hounded a year after office, and I know he fought hard for the US, as hard as he could, not realizing (Stupidly) that Ryan/McConnell Politics is a whole different animal than Business Contracts. 
   He fought them off the only way he knew how, not surprisingly, getting down in the trough with them. 
   America, if we are to save what's left of her, deserves more.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2022, 07:36:36 pm »
    I (almost) feel sorry for him, legally hounded a year after office, and I know he fought hard for the US, as hard as he could, not realizing (Stupidly) that Ryan/McConnell Politics is a whole different animal than Business Contracts. 
   He fought them off the only way he knew how, not surprisingly, getting down in the trough with them. 
   America, if we are to save what's left of her, deserves more.

America as we know her is already gone @corbe   Like him or not, Trump has a base of over 80,000,000. This is OUR country and Trump was merely the voice of what we've been fighting for.

IF he doesn't run, I can't think of anyone else that has that kind of following already established and who has the inherit ability to connect with his base.

The problem of course is the RNC led by one of the biggest RINO's niece in Congress.

Nothing has been done by the RNC nor the GOP to ensure that another election isn't stolen and I just don't see things working out for conservatives.  Unfortunately, I think that ship sailed long ago.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2022, 07:37:31 pm by libertybele »