Author Topic: CDC raises monkeypox alert to level 2, recommends masks during travel  (Read 748 times)

Online Kamaji

CDC raises monkeypox alert to level 2, recommends masks during travel

By Anders Hagstrom, Fox News   
June 6, 2022

The CDC raised its alert level for monkeypox to level 2 on Monday, recommending that travelers wear masks, among other health measures.

While not on the level of COVID-19, monkeypox has spread across the globe out of Africa since March. Monkeypox symptoms begin as relatively flu-like but soon expand to the swelling of lymph nodes and a rash across the body and face. Ultimately, painful lesions form on rash areas, leaving severe scarring.

“Cases of monkeypox have been reported in Europe, North America, South America, Africa, Asia, and Australia,” the CDC wrote in its alert.

“Some cases were reported among men who have sex with men. Some cases were also reported in people who live in the same household as an infected person,” it added.

The disease may have gone undetected in Western countries under the guise of an STI, according to Dr. Amesh Adalja. There are a number of STIs that have similar symptoms to monkeypox.

“What’s likely happened is an endemic infectious disease from Africa found its way into a social and sexual network and then was greatly aided by major amplification events, like raves in Belgium, to disseminate around the world,” Adalja told NBC News.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2022/06/06/cdc-raises-monkeypox-alert-to-level-2-recommends-masks-during-travel/

Online Kamaji

:facepalm2:

Here we go with the b.s. again.  They just cannot leave the mask-fascism alone, even with a virus that isn't a particularly notorious airborne infection.

Mandatory by-mail voting can't be far behind.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Monkeypox is not a sexually transmitted infection (STI), but it can be easily transmitted between sexual partners. This is due to the virus spreading through skin-to-skin contact, as well as the monkeypox lesions commonly appearing around the genitals and anus.

:pondering: Telling people to mask up for a disease that is transmitted by skin to skin contact, like say "Queer" sex. Seems legit! Now if they were to recommend wearing gloves and not touching you face or other skin with them after they were in contact with others that might seem reasonable but using Monkey Pox to to fear monger and push masking again is just ridiculous. I don't care what Fauci and or any other fascist says there is no science just like with covid that supports masking.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2022, 04:19:23 pm by GtHawk »

Online rustynail

Biden CDC Pushes Masks Amid Elevated Monkeypox Threat... Then Quietly Removes Advice
(the advice regarding mask-wearing is no longer present on the CDC website as of June 7)

https://www.zerohedge.com/medical/bidens-cdc-pushes-masks-amid-elevated-monkeypox-threat-then-quietly-removes-advice

Offline PeteS in CA

Ummmm, no.

Howzabout warning people to, "Take precautions if travelling to Central Africa"? Or, "Travel to Central Africa is not advised at this time"?
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
At best, a mask can reduce exposure to an airborne virus, if of the proper construction and worn correctly, which, in the recent panic they were generally neither.

However, for a disease that is transmitted by skin or intimate contact, if used properly, they only prevent people's mouths from making contact. Considering the currently affected demographic that may afford some modicum of 'protection', but it would be hardly appropriate for the general population whose oral orifices would tend to not be in such promiscuous intimate contact with others.

Not that it matters, the Dems only hope of stealing a significant number of the midterms is to have another panic.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Right_in_Virginia

CDC drops mask recommendation for monkeypox
Washington Times, Jun 7, 2022

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention on Tuesday scrubbed a recommendation from its website for travelers to wear face masks due to the threat of Monkeypox, a rare disease that had been transmitted mostly through sexual contact.

A spokesperson for the CDC did not immediately respond to a request for clarification about the agency’s position on face mask-wearing to prevent the disease.

The CDC added the mask recommendation last week under its “Traveler’s Health” section, warning cases of monkeypox have been reported in Europe, North America, South America, Africa, Asia, and Australia.

“Some cases were reported among men who have sex with men,” the CDC website states. “Some cases were also reported in people who live in the same household as an infected person.”

The CDC advised as late as Monday: “Wear a mask. Wearing a mask can help protect you from many diseases, including monkeypox.”

The mask advisory was removed from the page as of Tuesday.

The CDC described monkeypox risk to the general public as “low,” but the agency has elevated the threat from the virus to “Alert - Level 2 - Practice Enhanced Precautions.”

The level 2 alert is one step away from a CDC advisory to avoid non-essential travel.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2022/jun/7/cdc-drops-mask-recommendation-monkeypox/?utm_source=RSS_Feed&utm_medium=RSS

Offline Smokin Joe

It seems evident to me, anyway, that the CDC is deeply vested in maintaining the current management in DC, possibly because jobs would be lost and heads roll if their participation in the COVID mess and subsequent theft of the 2020 elections was made known, not to mention the incredible economic devastation wrought by directives on small businesses and individuals.

Not that I haven't expected some sort of panic to be crafted in order to retain the sort of ridiculously corrupt voting practices utilized in that election, for our own good, of course.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Ummmm, no.

Howzabout warning people to, "Take precautions if travelling to Central Africa"? Or, "Travel to Central Africa is not advised at this time"?

How about warning people not to engage in anal sex?
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Smokin Joe

From a conceptual standpoint, that would shut down the government.

C S Lewis

Online libertybele

Re: CDC raises monkeypox alert to level 2, recommends masks during travel
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2022, 07:59:24 pm »

:laugh: :yowsa:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2022, 08:02:11 pm »

Would you have a problem with that? @Smokin Joe

I sure as hell wouldn't!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Kamaji

« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2022, 08:37:26 pm »
Biden CDC Pushes Masks Amid Elevated Monkeypox Threat... Then Quietly Removes Advice
(the advice regarding mask-wearing is no longer present on the CDC website as of June 7)

https://www.zerohedge.com/medical/bidens-cdc-pushes-masks-amid-elevated-monkeypox-threat-then-quietly-removes-advice

:silly:

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2022, 09:03:37 pm »

We have a winner!
The Republic is lost.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2022, 01:08:25 am »
Would you have a problem with that? @Smokin Joe

I sure as hell wouldn't!

At this point, it would be preferable to the headlong rush in the wrong direction.

C S Lewis

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2022, 01:16:40 pm »
Is Monkeypox the DNC's 'Hail Mary' for the Midterms?
By Michael Dorstewitz
Monday, 06 June 2022 03:06 PM

Just as COVID-19 is becoming a ho-hum issue among most Americans, a new public health boogyman is making the news — monkeypox.

"Everybody should be concerned about" monkeypox, Biden said in South Korea, while speaking with a group of reporters before he boarded Air Force One for Japan, Reuters reported. "We’re working on it hard to figure out what we do."

However, initial reports indicate that monkeypox isn’t easily transmitted from one person to another, and that ordinary smallpox vaccine, which is readily available, will protect humans from contracting it.

Enter Dr. Anthony Fauci. He apparently heard Biden’s warnings and accepted them as his marching orders, proving once again that he’s more politician than physician and public health official.  ... Read more at Newsmax
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2022, 01:32:52 pm »

We could not even convince the pervs to close the bathhouses when AIDS was rampant in the 80's.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: