Author Topic: Is It Time To Put 2020 Aside And Get On With Things?  (Read 279 times)

Offline Kamaji

Is It Time To Put 2020 Aside And Get On With Things?
« on: June 06, 2022, 08:55:35 pm »
Is It Time To Put 2020 Aside And Get On With Things?

by David Robb
June 6, 2022

The 2020 election is over and done with – it’s ancient history that can’t be changed.  Sure, we’re stuck with a senile fool for another couple of years, but we can stop him this year and get rid of him in 2024.  Seems time for Trump to talk about what he will do when he gets reelected instead of staying stuck in the past.  He lost.  Time to move on.

Bad free advice is worth every penny you pay for it

I’m hearing that sort of advice a lot these days.  Some people are tired of hearing about 2020.  They have new things to worry about like inflation and high gas prices and hungry babies and crime and drugs and gun violence and  … the list seems almost endless.  Why worry about the past when the present is so full of problems?  After all, there is a red wave coming and we will take over Congress and we can fix everything then.  Not!

The questionable value of 2022

Thing is, so long as we have a far Left administration in control, Congress is neutered and impotent.  Yes, Republicans can pass all sorts of good sounding legislation, but it still has to be signed by the President to become law.  Does anyone seriously think that any bills that would act to reverse any of the destructive actions of this administration would actually be signed into law?  Anyone who does should contact me, as I have some great waterfront property in Nevada to sell.

Why 2020 matters

The point is, all the problems of today are a direct consequence of what happened in 2020.  Fix that, and we can get on with getting back on track.  Trump, along with many of the rest of us realize that until the root cause is addressed, we will not only be blocked from any real corrections, but that new issues will continue to be added to the list until the country collapses – a goal of many on the Left today.

Source:  https://thebluestateconservative.com/2022/06/06/is-it-time-to-put-2020-aside-and-get-on-with-things/

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Re: Is It Time To Put 2020 Aside And Get On With Things?
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2022, 09:39:13 pm »
Use it to force state voter reform.
The Republic is lost.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2022, 09:44:08 pm »
No! Absolutely not!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2022, 10:15:59 pm »

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2022, 01:03:18 am »
Unlesss and until the grievous and egregious security flaws in our elections as revealed by the 2020 election and the theft thereof, no it should never be put aside.

In fact, it should be taught as an object lesson in treasonous perfidy, and those who perpetrated it should be tried, and upon conviction, punished to the full extent of the law as an example.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline DB

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2022, 01:07:35 am »
We've gone full banana republic. Our government is corrupt to its core. Too many profit from that corruption.

Short of something very extreme, I really doubt that trajectory will change.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2022, 01:28:45 am »
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington