Author Topic: Massachusetts governor vetoes bill requiring state to provide driver's licenses to illegal immigrant  (Read 585 times)

rebewranger

Massachusetts governor vetoes bill requiring state to provide driver's licenses to illegal immigrants; legislature promises override

LEON WOLFMay 28, 2022   

Massachusetts Republican Governor Charlie Baker vetoed a bill Friday that would have allowed illegal immigrants in the state to obtain driver's licenses, but the Democrat-dominated legislature promised a swift override of the veto in spite of Baker's warnings about the bill.

Both chambers of the Massachusetts legislature passed the bill by overwhelming margins, with the House voting 120-36 in favor of the bill. The Senate approved the bill by a lopsided 32-8 margin.

Nonetheless, Baker vetoed the bill and issued a statement condemning at least one obvious consequence of the bill. "I cannot sign this legislation because it requires the Registry of Motor Vehicles to issue state credentials to people without the ability to verify their identity... Consequently, a standard Massachusetts driver's license will no longer confirm that a person is who they say they are," Baker said.

https://www.theblaze.com/news/massachusetts-governor-vetoes-bill-requiring-state-to-provide-driver-s-licenses-to-illegal-immigrants-legislature-promises-override#toggle-gdpr

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
So, If I went to Mass, claimed to be someone I am not, I could get a new ID under this?

All the 'benefits' of joining the French Foreign Legion without having to learn French... :shrug:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
"Both chambers of the Massachusetts legislature passed the bill by overwhelming margins, with the House voting 120-36 in favor of the bill. The Senate approved the bill by a lopsided 32-8 margin."

This illustrates just "how blue" the state of Massachusetts is.
As in... "it's never coming back" to the center.

If the legislature has the power to override the governor's veto (not sure how that works in MA), looks like the final outcome is a foregone conclusion.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
@rangerrebew

Massachusetts Republican Governor Charlie Baker

WTF????

Mass has a REPUBLICAN Governor? HTH did THAT happen?

I could believe an alien from another solar system easier.

Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

rebewranger

@rangerrebew

WTF????

Mass has a REPUBLICAN Governor? HTH did THAT happen?

I could believe an alien from another solar system easier.

He found out how Biden rigged the presidential election and voted himself in.

Offline Hoodat

What part of the word "illegal" do these people not get?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
He found out how Biden rigged the presidential election and voted himself in.

@rangerrebew

I suspect you may be right. Nothing else can explain either event.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
What part of the word "illegal" do these people not get?

@Hoodat

ALL of it.

You and I see that word and think "foreign invader here to steal jobs,housing,food,and money from American workers.

The DNC sees them as "New Dim voters".
« Last Edit: May 29, 2022, 06:42:07 pm by sneakypete »