Author Topic: Joe Biden says he applied to Naval Academy, but dates don’t add up  (Read 691 times)

Offline mountaineer

The latest edition of "what whoppers will Joe Biden tell today?" features lies told to USNA graduates:
Joe Biden says he applied to Naval Academy, but dates don’t add up
 By Steven Nelson   
May 27, 2022 1:04pm

President Biden told graduating midshipmen at the Naval Academy Friday that he applied to the school in 1965 — but a quick check of his biography shows problems with the story.

Biden said he applied to Annapolis with a letter from then-Delaware Sen. J. Caleb Boggs, but the year he cited — 1965 — is the same year he graduated from the University of Delaware. The academy doesn’t offer graduate degrees.

“I was told the Class of ’72 is here. I was appointed to the academy in 1965 by a senator who I was running against in 1972 — never planned it that way. I wasn’t old enough to be sworn in. I was only 29 years old when I was running,” Biden said.

“He was a fine man. His name is J. Caleb Boggs,” the president went on. “I didn’t come to the academy because I wanted to be a football star.  ..."

... It’s unclear if Biden has told the story before, but it surprised political journalists who have covered his many campaigns and his presidency. Biden’s 2008 autobiography “Promises to Keep” does not mention the Naval Academy. ...

After Biden graduated law school in 1968, he reportedly was deemed unfit for military service by citing childhood asthma. His memoir doesn’t mention the condition while describing his football exploits or his work as a lifeguard. A report released in November by his doctor also doesn’t mention asthma.  ...
Full story at NY Post
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Kamaji

What's one more lie from Joe Lieden?

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Has Biden's disinformation been reported to the Ministry of Truth?
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline mountaineer

Offline andy58-in-nh

What's one more lie from Joe Lieden?

Good question.

Given his long history, it's like one more cow chip from a grazing bovine.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Joe Biden whispers ‘I’m your commander-in-chief’ to Naval Academy grads

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ndRzE-0yvg&ab_channel=EachOneHelpOneBecomeBetter
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Hoodat

Was that before or after he attended Delaware State?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline mountaineer

As for being a football star in college:
... Poor grades his first semester in college doomed Biden’s plans to play spring football his freshman year at Delaware. A second attempt at football during his junior year ended when he found, and fell “ass over tin cup,” in his words, with his first wife Neilia.

“He would have had a good shot to make the team,” Fay said years later, “but he had other priorities.” 

Decades later, during the 2012 presidential campaign, Biden’s brief football career would flare up into a minor controversy. At a stop in Ohio, Biden seemed to imply that he was on the football team when Delaware beat Ohio University and Biden joked that he almost “got arrested” for trying to visit a women’s dormitory. Gateway Pundit checked yearbooks from Biden’s era and found, not surprisingly, that Biden never appeared in the football team photos.  ...
Yahoo

So that's a lie, too.

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
People gladly loved being lied to and deceived by bill clinton, Obama, biden, now they cry like babies they are finally getting what they fought so had for, hell reigning on earth.  Odd they think they can bawl their way out of this !  Didn't anybody warn the clueless fools they couldn't?
Really?
 :smokin:
Satan rules over gangs of fools!
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline Killer Clouds

Traitor Joe is so delusional he doesn't know the difference between the truth and his lies.

Offline mountaineer

Re: Joe Biden says he applied to Naval Academy, but dates don’t add up
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2022, 06:59:25 pm »
Rising serpent 🇺🇸
@rising_serpent
Wait, what?
So you're saying Joe Biden has been in public office for over 40 years, run for president 3 times and the only time he tells us about being accepted into the naval academy is at age 79, and not a single piece of public source documentation exists to prove this, yes?
2:50 PM · May 28, 2022

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2022, 08:17:38 pm »
Rising serpent 🇺🇸
@rising_serpent
Wait, what?
So you're saying Joe Biden has been in public office for over 40 years, run for president 3 times and the only time he tells us about being accepted into the naval academy is at age 79, and not a single piece of public source documentation exists to prove this, yes?
2:50 PM · May 28, 2022
I'm sure the proof is right next to Obamas Hawaii birth certificate and college transcrispts.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2022, 08:44:42 pm »
@mountaineer

Cut him some slack on this one. He probably thought it had something to do with belly buttons.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2022, 10:31:25 pm »
Just one more story for ol' white joe.
Just one more fabrication...

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2022, 05:33:12 am »
Yeah, that's the ticket!

Lovitz need to come back and do Biden.
The Republic is lost.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2022, 01:36:10 pm »
WATCH: Biden Claims Roger Staubach Prevented Him from Going to Navy, But Dates Don’t Add Up

Dylan Gwinn 28 May 2022

Roger Staubach probably never realized how he altered history by going to the Naval Academy and blocking the otherwise promising collegiate football career of a young Joe Biden.

Though, he probably never realized it because Biden just told the world about it on Saturday, and there are some very obvious flaws in the story.

During a commencement address at the U.S. Naval Academy on Friday, Biden claimed that he gained acceptance to Annapolis in 1965 but opted not to go there due to the presence of future Super Bowl champion and NFL Hall of Famer Roger Staubach.

An exciting story, to be sure. The only problem with it is there’s no record of Biden declining an offer to play football at Navy. Likewise, there’s no record of him playing varsity football at the school he ultimately did attend, the University of Delaware. Plus, there’s the not-so-small matter of the dates which Biden provided not syncing up at all.

Biden claims that he applied to the Naval Academy with a letter he received from then-Senator J. Caleb Boggs in 1965. The only problem with that is that 1965 is when Biden graduated from the University of Delaware, making it impossible that he would have applied to Annapolis in that year since the academy does not provide graduate degrees.

“I was told the Class of ’72 is here. I was appointed to the academy in 1965 by a senator who I was running against in 1972, never planned it that way. I wasn’t old enough to be sworn in. I was only 29 years old when I was running,” Biden claimed.

https://twitter.com/RNCResearch/status/1530249471539433472

more
https://www.breitbart.com/sports/2022/05/28/watch-biden-claims-roger-staubach-prevented-him-from-going-to-navy-but-dates-dont-add-up/
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2022, 02:07:56 pm »
Biden's Weekend of Lies: Lying About Naval Appointment, More Falsehoods at U of Delaware
By Nick Arama | May 28, 2022 5:30 PM ET

On Saturday, Joe Biden spoke at his alma mater, the University of Delaware, for their 2022 graduation ceremony.

The day before, he spoke at the U.S. Naval Academy and told some despicable lies. He claimed he had received an appointment to the Academy in 1965, when in fact he was graduating from the University of Delaware in 1965, so that couldn’t possibly be true. He also claimed that he didn’t go to the Academy but chose to go to Delaware instead because the Academy had “Staubach and Bellino” there.

“I didn’t come to the Academy because I wanted to be a football star. And you had a guy named Staubach and Bellino here. So I went to Delaware.” Except Roger Staubach graduated in 1965 and Joe Bellino in 1961. So even that part didn’t add up.

How do you lie about receiving a Naval appointment to Navy graduates? What kind of a person does that?

The same person in the same speech who lied about the number of times he went to Iraq and Afghanistan, and followed that by implying his son died in combat. “My son spent a year in Iraq, won the Bronze Star, Conspicuous Service Medal. I lost him.”

more
https://redstate.com/nick-arama/2022/05/28/bidens-weekend-of-lies-lying-about-naval-appointment-more-falsehoods-at-u-of-delaware-n571519
Support the USO

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2022, 02:21:34 pm »
Short Bus Biden strikes again.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2022, 03:05:08 pm »
Short Bus Biden strikes again.

@Wingnut

And I am sure we will all hear about this on all the News Programs on our teebees.

What's that,you say? It's not happening? How can that be possible?

(warning! There may be some small traces of sarcasm in the above post!

rebewranger

« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2022, 12:02:05 pm »
Biden's tale of a 1965 Naval Academy appointment draws scrutiny
Haisten Willis - Yesterday 2:12 PM

President Joe Biden is drawing scrutiny for a claim he was appointed to the U.S. Naval Academy in 1965 — which does not line up with historical data.

Biden delivered a commencement speech Friday, sharing the story of an appointment from former Sen. J. Caleb Boggs (R-DE).

“I was told the class of ’72 is here. I was appointed to the academy in 1965 by a senator who I was running against in 1972 — never planned it that way. I wasn’t old enough to be sworn in. I was only 29 years old when I was running,” Biden said. The president added later that “I didn’t come to the academy because I wanted to be a football star. And you had a guy named [Roger] Staubach and [Joe] Bellino here. So, I went to Delaware.”

The line attracted quick blowback.

The Naval Academy does not offer graduate degrees, and Biden attended Syracuse University for law school after finishing at the University of Delaware. Biden was a star football player in high school and did play on Delaware's freshman team in 1961. When asked about the claim on Tuesday, White House press secretary Karine Jean-Pierre said she "did not hear that part of the speech."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/biden-s-tale-of-a-1965-naval-academy-appointment-draws-scrutiny/ar-AAXYlNu?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=741d32cdce5549459c3649303701c02f

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2022, 12:11:13 pm »
Biden,like most career pols,is a compulsive liar. The difference between him and most is that he is also stoopid.

Offline Killer Clouds

« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2022, 02:10:11 pm »
Could his claim be a stolen Valor issue?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2022, 05:24:41 pm »
Could his claim be a stolen Valor issue?

@Killer Clouds

No. Nothing will ever be allowed to stick to Slow Joe. He is above question or suspicion.