Author Topic: ‘Absolutely Vile’: Conservatives Rip Obama for Saying America Should ‘Grieve the Children of Uvalde’  (Read 231 times)

rebewranger

‘Absolutely Vile’: Conservatives Rip Obama for Saying America Should ‘Grieve the Children of Uvalde’ – But Also Remember George Floyd
Kipp Jones - Yesterday 10:59 PM

Conservatives ripped former President Barack Obama after he asked Americans to honor George Floyd while balancing grief for the victims of a Texas school shooting.

Wednesday marked the second anniversary of the day Floyd died while in the custody of the Minneapolis Police Department. His Memorial Day 2020 murder sparked nationwide protests and civil unrest.

Two years after Floyd died, and one day after nineteen children and two teachers were massacred at an elementary school in Uvalde, Obama tweeted Americans should remember both events.

“As we grieve the children of Uvalde today, we should take time to recognize that two years have passed since the murder of George Floyd under the knee of a police officer,” the former president wrote. “His killing stays with us all to this day, especially those who loved him.”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/absolutely-vile-conservatives-rip-obama-for-saying-america-should-grieve-the-children-of-uvalde-but-also-remember-george-floyd/ar-AAXJxFC?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=59077ef2d5d241689824d829022ed3b4

rebewranger

Never in the history of the world has a government made a monument to a loser - until George Floyd. :wtf:

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
They and others aren't ripping the SOS for saying we should grieve for the children, it's for him inserting and making it about a Black criminal. I hope the Hispanics are paying attention because Buttboy just told them how little they and their children really meant to democrats.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Never in the history of the world has a government made a monument to a loser - until George Floyd. :wtf:
He was far more than that.  He was a criminal.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline DefiantMassRINO

The liberals need to chill.  Their rabid revolutionary zeal will backfire on them if they don't allow families and communities to mourn in peace.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Got to say it again:
George Floyd wasn't murdered.

Offline mountaineer

Obama and other Dems are still using George Floyd to push a false narrative
By Douglas Murray   
May 26, 2022 6:43pm
While most of America was still mourning the 19 children slain in the Texas school massacre this week, former President Barack Obama made an unusual political misstep. Whatever people make of his policies, the former President is usually known for his adept timing. And that made his Tweet this week all the more strange.

“As we grieve the children of Uvalde today,” the former president wrote, “we should take time to recognize that two years have passed since the murder of George Floyd under the knee of a police officer. His killing stays with us all to this day, especially those who loved him.”

Whatever the circumstances, it is odd to crowbar in a reference to another killing when talking about the appalling carnage in Texas. Why do we need to take time to remember something that happened two years ago in the immediate aftermath of a worse loss of life? Why not take time and pause over something that has just happened?

The reason is that many politicians, including Barack Obama, still seem intent on pushing a particular narrative about the death of George Floyd. ...

What does the actions of one rogue, wicked, cop have to do with all Americans? Why should George Floyd be seen to be the emblematic figure of modern America?

Only because it suits some people for him to become so. Look at the strange reaction of Nancy Pelosi when Chauvin was convicted last year. Emerging from an event with members of the Congressional Black Caucus, Pelosi looked up at the skies. “Thank you, George Floyd” she said, as though she was communing with him in heaven. Thank you, she said, “for sacrificing your life for justice. Your name will always be synonymous with justice.” Pelosi made it sound as though Floyd went to the grocery store that day hoping to do something big for his country.

But this is how politicians in this country are now forced to talk of Floyd.  ...
More at NY Post
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org