Author Topic: Pelosi: Why doesn’t Catholic Church punish death penalty supporters?  (Read 282 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Pelosi: Why doesn’t Catholic Church punish death penalty supporters?
by Mike Lillis - 05/24/22 10:06 AM ET

Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) on Tuesday went after the Catholic Church for what she characterized as its hypocritical position when it comes to the politics of life and death.

Pelosi, a practicing Catholic, was recently barred by the archbishop of San Francisco from taking communion for her support of abortion rights, which the church considers to be homicide at all stages from conception to birth.

Appearing on MSNBC’s “Morning Joe” on Tuesday morning, Pelosi wondered why the archbishop, Salvatore Cordileone, hasn’t applied the same ban to Catholics who support capital punishment.

“I wonder about the death penalty, which I am opposed to,” she said. “So is the church, but they take no action against people who may not share their view.”

The Speaker is no stranger to clashes with Cordileone, a staunch conservative who has long denounced Pelosi’s support for abortion rights, same-sex marriage and other positions favored by liberals. His political views stirred some controversy during the coronavirus pandemic after he revealed in December that he was not vaccinated for COVID-19 and falsely claimed that the inoculation shots “are not really vaccines.”

more
https://thehill.com/news/house/3499325-pelosi-why-doesnt-catholic-church-punish-death-penalty-supporters/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
You know it is bad when Pelosi gets her talking points from the shrills at the View.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
You know it is bad when Pelosi gets her talking points from the shrills at the View.

Yep..that was Behar's argument yesterday...lol
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mountaineer

After extensive consultation with Joy Behar, Bette Midler, Whoopi Goldberg and Alyssa Milano, Pelosi announced she has come up with her latest bold policy initiative.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Good, take on the church you belong to, Nancy.  Will give you lots of voters.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I cannot believe she is stupid enough to try and make that comparison. 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline cato potatoe

It's a separate question entirely.  CP is in a gray area, supported in the Old Testament, rendered to the worst criminals.  Abortion is the murder of an innocent person, and rarely necessary to save the life of the mother.

Pelosi has bigger issues than partaking of the sacraments.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
I cannot believe she is stupid enough to try and make that comparison.

Yes because the death penalty is given to adult persons, so by implication she saying unborn babies are persons too.
The Republic is lost.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Nancy Pelosi, lifelong devout Catholic? By age seven she should have had a pretty good idea of the church's teachings and known exactly what they were once she had studied for her confirmation. That she would even ask such an asinine question shows that she either never was was the Catholic she professes to be(no shit) or that as a Catholic and a lawyer she has no grasp of the difference between approval of a legal punishment and actually being someone complicit in the act of infanticide. I'm going to go with Nancy Pelosi is a lying, evil, despicable POS that has festered with every year she has been on this Earth.

Offline rustynail

Slipping into second childhood with that immature question?

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Nancy, because you are a lay person and not Pope.

Nancy, outsite DC and San Francisco, you are just another soul brought into this world with the stain of Original Sin upon it.

Now be a good girl, say a Rosary, and light a candle to pray a soul out of Purgatory.

The difference between God and Nancy Pelosi is that God doesn't think He is Nancy Pelosi.

Nancy, Jesus preached humility; you should try some.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2022, 07:18:46 pm by DefiantMassRINO »
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Yes because the death penalty is given to adult persons, so by implication she saying unborn babies are persons too.

...and therefore the equivalent of cold blooded murderers.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: