Author Topic: Archbishop bars Pelosi from communion over support for abortion rights  (Read 503 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Archbishop bars Pelosi from communion over support for abortion rights
by Emily Brooks - 05/20/22 3:52 PM ET

The Archbishop of San Francisco barred Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) from receiving communion over her support for abortion rights.

Archbishop Salvatore Cordileone said in a letter to Pelosi on Thursday that he had requested to speak to her after she vowed to codify Roe v. Wade, the landmark abortion rights case, in wake of Texas banning abortions after six weeks last September.

He had warned Pelosi in an April 7 letter, he said, to either repudiate advocacy for abortion rights or to refrain from referring to her Catholic faith in public or else he would have no choice but to bar her from being admitted communion.

“As you have not publically repudiated your position on abortion, and continue to refer to your Catholic faith in justifying your position and to receive Holy Communion, that time has now come,” Cordileone said in the Thursday letter. “Therefore, in light of my responsibility as the Archbishop of San Francisco to be ‘concerned for all the Christian faithful entrusted to [my] care’ (Code of Canon Law, can. 383, §1), by means of this communication I am hereby notifying you that you are not to present yourself for Holy Communion and, should you do so, you are not to be admitted to Holy Communion, until such time as you publically repudiate your advocacy for the legitimacy of abortion and confess and receive absolution of this grave sin in the sacrament of Penance.”

Pelosi, who describes herself as a devout Catholic, has defended her support for abortion rights despite the Catholic Church’s stance against abortion.

more
https://thehill.com/news/house/3496110-archbishop-bars-pelosi-from-communion-over-support-for-abortion-rights/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

Good.  Now excommunicate her.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Pelosi is good candidate for an exorcism.
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Archbishop bars Pelosi from communion over support for abortion rights
by Emily Brooks - 05/20/22 3:52 PM ET

The Archbishop of San Francisco barred Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) from receiving communion over her support for abortion rights.

@mystery-ak

I have a really hard time believing that.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online mountaineer

Now do Biden, please.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Another good whammy the bishop could have applied to Nancy is she is a racist as blacks are 3X more likely to get abortions than are whites.

Pelosi is an ardent follower of Margaret Sanger, the founder of PP.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Now do Biden, please.

@mountaineer

I hope he waits at least a week before doing that. I need some time to recover from an Arch Bishop from SAN FRANCISCO dumping on Pelosi before I will be ready to deal with more.

Assuming of course he will still BE an Arch Bishop in SF a week from now.

He might be replaced by Abbie Hoffman if Hoffman is still alive.

Maybe even if he is dead. This IS SF we are writing about.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

"HOLY SMOKES: San Francisco Archbishop explains why he BANNED Pelosi from receiving Holy Communion"  (Video)

https://mobile.twitter.com/bennyjohnson/status/1528600592330936325

Offline Hoodat

He might be replaced by Abbie Hoffman if Hoffman is still alive.

Now there's a blast from the past.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
Biden didn't get this far without LOTS OF SUPPORTERS.  Exorcise them too!  HELL HAS FOUND ITS LOST MINIONS AT THESE TIMES!  As expected, they are quite unrepentant too.

Remember they insisted anything is better than Trump?  HERE YOU ARE!
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Biden didn't get this far without LOTS OF SUPPORTERS. 

@christian

Not really. 1,000 voters,each voting 100 times really adds up quickly. Multiply that by every state,and you have some serious numbers.

Nancy Pelosi Defies Her Catholic Bishop, Receives Communion

In defiance of her own Archbishop’s decision to deny her communion because of her aggressive promotion of abortion, new reports indicate Nancy Pelosi received communion yesterday at a liberal Catholic church in Washington.

As LifeNews reported, Cordileone said he formally notified U.S. House Speaker Nancy Pelosi this week that she can no longer be allowed communion because she is no longer in communion with the Catholic Church by virtue of her repeatedly promoting abortion. Cordileone, who serves Pelosi’s home district of San Francisco, said he informed the congresswoman of his decision Thursday after repeated attempts to speak with her about the “grave evil” that she is supporting.

Just days later, Pelosi is already in violation of the communion restriction.

According to Politico, Pelosi was noticed at the church and it confirmed she received the sacrament.

“SPOTTED: Speaker NANCY PELOSI at the 9 a.m. Mass at Holy Trinity in Georgetown, where she was given communion,” it reported.

There is no indication which priest provided communion to the pro-abortion extremist but, before he took over the White House, Joe Biden learned he could get communion at the Jesuit church.

Father Kevin Gillespie of the Holy Trinity Catholic Church in Georgetown confirmed he would be happy giving communion to Biden despite his lengthy pro-abortion record. Gillespie told America Magazine that Biden attends Holy Trinity sometimes when he is in Washington, D.C., and he is “a man of faith.”
https://www.lifenews.com/2022/05/23/nancy-pelosi-defies-her-catholic-bishop-receives-communion-at-liberal-catholic-church/
Excommunication is now in order.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Pelosi Receives Communion Despite Archbishop’s Orders

Nicole Silverio
Media Reporter
May 23, 2022 6:30 PM ET
Font Size:

Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi reportedly received communion during a Sunday mass despite her archbishop banning her from the practice, Politico Playbook reported Monday.

Pelosi reportedly took Holy Communion at the 9 a.m. mass at the Holy Trinity Catholic Church in Georgetown, according to Politico Playbook. Archbishop of San Francisco Salvatore Cordileone notified Pelosi and the city’s clergyman of the ban due to the “grave evil she is perpetrating” by supporting the legalization of abortion.

The church’s pastor, Father Kevin Gillespie, said last year he would hand President Joe Biden Communion at the altar despite his pro-abortion viewpoints.

“Everyone is welcome,” he said. “He’s a man of faith, and I would give Communion to him like any other Catholic coming up for the Eucharist.”

“It’s really an encounter with God,” Gillespie told The Atlantic. “For Biden, this “sacred and intimate moment” is a “gift that enhances his faith, and it energizes his witness,” and “we most certainly encourage him to improve his intimacy with God through the Eucharist.”

Gillespie did not immediately respond to the Daily Caller’s request for comment.

more
https://dailycaller.com/2022/05/23/pelosi-communion-archbishop-cordileone/

I knew she would find a priest to give her communion...Shame on you Father Kevin Gillespie you are as bad as Pelosi and Biden!
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

Nicole Silverio
Media Reporter
May 23, 2022 6:30 PM ET
Font Size:

Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi reportedly received communion during a Sunday mass despite her archbishop banning her from the practice, Politico Playbook reported Monday.

Pelosi reportedly took Holy Communion at the 9 a.m. mass at the Holy Trinity Catholic Church in Georgetown, according to Politico Playbook. Archbishop of San Francisco Salvatore Cordileone notified Pelosi and the city’s clergyman of the ban due to the “grave evil she is perpetrating” by supporting the legalization of abortion.

The church’s pastor, Father Kevin Gillespie, said last year he would hand President Joe Biden Communion at the altar despite his pro-abortion viewpoints.

“Everyone is welcome,” he said. “He’s a man of faith, and I would give Communion to him like any other Catholic coming up for the Eucharist.”

“It’s really an encounter with God,” Gillespie told The Atlantic. “For Biden, this “sacred and intimate moment” is a “gift that enhances his faith, and it energizes his witness,” and “we most certainly encourage him to improve his intimacy with God through the Eucharist.”

Gillespie did not immediately respond to the Daily Caller’s request for comment.

more
https://dailycaller.com/2022/05/23/pelosi-communion-archbishop-cordileone/

I knew she would find a priest to give her communion...Shame on you Father Kevin Gillespie you are as bad as Pelosi and Biden!

Did Michael Corleone receive Holy Communion?  Vito??  :shrug:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
As the Pope can sanitize Biden and Pelosi, so should the Pope sanitize Satan should he so chooses?  Just think, a trinity equal to, then soon being, more holy than God's trinity, or so many would have us believe, as many do already.
I thought this was the End Times, what times are these again?  Great Blasphemies and Abominations abound!
 :smokin: :smokin: :smokin:
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

That priest talks of the intimacy with God by taking the communion.

That is correct, but he misleads greatly by bestowing upon himself the privilege of giving that to Joe when the entire church is built upon the sanctity of communion as a sacrament, which he violated.

He should be excommunicated first.

Offline Killer Clouds

That is correct, but he misleads greatly by bestowing upon himself the privilege of giving that to Joe when the entire church is built upon the sanctity of communion as a sacrament, which he violated.

You're correct. He should be fired.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

totally agree
Support the USO

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
You're correct. He should be fired.

Reassigned to a Parish in some 3rd world shithole besides San Fran ...the one he is currently in.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Killer Clouds

Reassigned to a Parish in some 3rd world shithole besides San Fran ...the one he is currently in.
:thumbsup:

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Nancy Pelosi Defies Her Catholic Bishop, Receives Communion
Lifesite News, May 23, 2022

In defiance of her own Archbishop’s decision to deny her communion because of her aggressive promotion of abortion, new reports indicate Nancy Pelosi received communion yesterday at a liberal Catholic church in Washington.

As LifeNews reported, Cordileone said he formally notified U.S. House Speaker Nancy Pelosi this week that she can no longer be allowed communion because she is no longer in communion with the Catholic Church by virtue of her repeatedly promoting abortion. Cordileone, who serves Pelosi’s home district of San Francisco, said he informed the congresswoman of his decision Thursday after repeated attempts to speak with her about the “grave evil” that she is supporting.

Just days later, Pelosi is already in violation of the communion restriction.

According to Politico, Pelosi was noticed at the church and it confirmed she received the sacrament.

“SPOTTED: Speaker NANCY PELOSI at the 9 a.m. Mass at Holy Trinity in Georgetown, where she was given communion,” it reported.

There is no indication which priest provided communion to the pro-abortion extremist but, before he took over the White House, Joe Biden learned he could get communion at the Jesuit church.

https://www.lifenews.com/2022/05/23/nancy-pelosi-defies-her-catholic-bishop-receives-communion-at-liberal-catholic-church/